XLRI GMP call getters: 2006

31 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
Please post your profiles here: My: *Education*: MCA, Pune University *Work-ex till date*: 38 months in Persistent Systems in Pune as software developer *XAT score*: 98.83 Another friend of mine: *Education*: BE, Goa *Wor...
Page 1 of 4

Hi Guys,

Results are out and I got thru.
Can be accessed at

http://61.95.148.2/result06/index.html

Can anybody tell when the session is going to start as i have to give advance notice to my company.

Harry

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi all...can some one pls let me know when the results are out!!....
seniors pls let us know abt the placement status .....if at all its happening...i just could'nt understand as why xl is not branding thier 1 yr program.....there is definetely huge market for ppl with work ex ...its an opportunity which iims n other insti r grabbing...why xl doesn't want to do it?.......

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

even xl people too r not too happy with gmp...as per blue spark..so guys specifically those who r non sponsered do some research...i am also finding it difficult to convince my self...t gangopadhyay..chairperson gmp..
lets wait for gmp placements this time..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi nitin or any1 of gmp batch
saw XLRI placements for BM and PMIR batch today in ET
whats the scene for the GMP ? how is it looking from the industry resoponse for the GMP ?

can any existing studens give some idea ?

heard they gave some 190 odd intvw calls (courtesy bluespark who got the info) that doesnt seem to be a bad number at all ?
mine intvw was good ....questions were swinging right from Work ex to Consulting to Corporate governance to smaller Indian states
Overall it went well ...

Partha

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
my gmp experience...6th march...2 pm

nuclear power corp..instrumentation engineer...

us india deal would increase or decrease ur importance?
in a government organisation 20-80 is the ratio of people working and not working how as md of company u would improve?
define reliability, quality and something about fault tolerance..
hardly it took 20-25 minutes..

i asked them about placements for nonsponsered..they said they dont assure...but they do have lateral placement programm..

i think once we receive final call...we (non sponsered cand) should enquire from the likes of t gangopadyay (chairperson gmp)....and placement commitee chairperson...email ids given in brochure..

personally i believe xl brand sells but best thing is to watch out for this year gmps nonsponsered candidates fate....

congrats satyen, you could steer the interview to your strengths.
my interview is on 13th march, i will join the discussion then about 1 yr mba comparison.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congrats!
You have done well and the best part is that you could really ask them THE question abt placements for non-sponsored candidates.
By what they say our belief only gets stronger that they do not have solid plans for such students....difficult to understand why they are not marketing the GMP like all others (IIM-A, IIM-c, ISB, SPJ) are doing...
It would be better to enquire the Chairperson, GMP. ...No assurance on this front would mean another batch of 23 students...for lack of people willing to stake their careers.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

my gmp experience...6th march...2 pm

nuclear power corp..instrumentation engineer...

us india deal would increase or decrease ur importance?
in a government organisation 20-80 is the ratio of people working and not working how as md of company u would improve?
define reliability, quality and something about fault tolerance..
hardly it took 20-25 minutes..

i asked them about placements for nonsponsered..they said they dont assure...but they do have lateral placement programm..

i think once we receive final call...we (non sponsered cand) should enquire from the likes of t gangopadyay (chairperson gmp)....and placement commitee chairperson...email ids given in brochure..

personally i believe xl brand sells but best thing is to watch out for this year gmps nonsponsered candidates fate....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

message from nitin...long back..

Hope other guys too R forthcoming.

I'm very keen to join the course. There was Shashikant with me while my pi took place. He 2 got selected.

For ppl like u & me (with >6 yrs exp.) GMP seems 2 b the best bet. U get all the content of 2 yrs. of regular course compressed + our rich exp. in the industry.

I don't want 2 get into instt. comparison (See what happened in XL MBA thread ). But 1 yr MBA is the flavour of the season! IIMA has just announced 1 to start from 2006. SPJIMR has just launched one to start from this yr. So good laterals are assured (My assumption!).

IMHO Our faculty's help (I heard somewhere that informal help is available for placement), our collective contacts, booming industry, the perceived need for many mid. & senior managers requirement in wide range of industries will ensure us good placement. ( I was keenly observing ISB developments & it has grown beyond many expectations!)

I can say GMP is one of the very few such programmes, exclusively designed to meet the needs of ppl like u & me. So the size of the batch from similar courses from the instts of xlri ilk must be approx. 200-300. So we r going to be part of a very exclusive group. and there's a huge demand! We are out in a yr. think abt the opportunity cost of a yr.!:smile:

GMP has delivered good no. of batches till date. XAT as an admission criterion is the recent phenomenon (may be since 3-4 yrs.) They r creating alumni, ...may be many more things r on the way.

SO all said & done. It's the most cost effective one & I am sure ROI is going to be the best

Pls. join the bandwagon!!! & PLS JOIN

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

yes v k ur right there r many others..well i have pm..them lets see if there is any message..mail me soon..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
V S K PRASAD Says
i think there are several threads opened for gmp discussion.

i dont think so..its only one..or if let me know...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...