XLRI GMP 2007-2008 Call Getters

141 Posts  ·  35 Users
About this group
Hi friends, Uffff. there are many threads related to XLRI as XAT results are out. I got a call from XLRI for 1 yr. GMP. Now for more informations I tried to search the forums but could not find so starting a new thread for GMP call getters. M...
Page 1 of 15

Dear Yatin, You have not mentioned your profile. Hence I am not able to help you on that.
But then 5 years exp says you have decent chance. But then keep in mind that there are many like you in the race.

I fortunately cleared GMP in 2007, but due to personal reasons could not join the programme.

But the I will be more than happy to help you convert it. Let me know if you want any help.

These days, I am preparing for GD PI at **** Education, North Campus centre as I have IIM A and some other IIMs calls. So I think I will be able to give all the tips on GD PI, at least all those which I am learning.

Bye

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys
My name is yatin i am trying for GMP XLRI
I dont about my XAT score mostly it should be avg my acads are above avg.
I have 5 yrs of exp out pf which 4 yrs in Brand management in pharmaceutical industry.

Can anybody tell me what is the importance they are giving for class diversity while selecting students and do i stand any chance for getting in as now there are 120 seats

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Anil,

You can consider the XLRI website information authentic. You will be getting the offer letter soon, if you havnt received it already. When I left my organization I also had similar problem. It basically depends on your manager - if he's a good guy, you'll anyway get released soon 😃 I left 4 days before catching the train !!

Best Regards,
Chanaveer K

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for your information. I am also in. But I am confused about the result. Should we consider the internet message as authentic? My problem is that I have to provide 3 months notice period at my present employer and I may be relieved within 2 months. If I wait for the official letter then it may take more than 8-10 days from now and by that much my reliese will be delayed. So can senior GMPians help me? Can you check with the admission office whether my admission is confirmed or not? my ID is : 368947 Name: Anil Patel. I have to resign on Monday if my admission is confirmed.

Thanks and regards,

Anil
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey aanya,

Sorry, but i think i just clicked on the Groan button for you!!! Was a mistake - I'm sitting on this stupid comp for last 3 hrs on an assignment.

1. last year the waiting list went upto 23.

2. The preparatory program is not compulsory, but highly recommended. It will get you upto speed on the rigorous studies ahead. And its also a very good time to get to know the faculty and students from 2 yr program.

3. You can contact the GMP office in case you have a important reason for not attending the preparatory program. You might get an exception. Do it as soon as you get the offer letter !!!

Regards,
Chanaveer K
GMP 2006-07

Hello
Even I have got a call from XL-GMP program, But I am in waiting list, Waiting list no. 19.
Any idea to anybody, till what waiting list no. last year got confirmed
Any XL-GMPian here, who can help me out
waiting for some feedback
Bye
And All the best to all IIM call getters, I have heard results will be out on 12th
Aanya
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All GMP call getters !

It's good to see all of you getting together on this group 😃 Well, most of the hard work is over now. I'm going to Bangalore for my job. I will be arriving there between 11th and 18th May. I think GMPians who are placed in Blore and next year's GMP batch should meet up in Bangalore before you all leave for XLRI. After that, the only time we can meet is during the Alumni meet in XLRI in November.

All those who are from Bangalore and confirm their GMP offers, please mail me at chanaveer@gmail.com, or drop a private message in PG. I will fix up a date and time and let you all know.

Enjoy!
Chanaveer K
GMP 2006-07

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

And after your join please update your profile in the database.

Hi,

All gmp final call getters please join yahoo group at XLRI_GMP_07_08 : XLRI GMP 07-08

Thanks

Subrata
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey,

All guys n gals, who are joining GMP 2007 - 2008 may please join the following orkut community:

orkut - Login

Cheers,
Sandy

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

While most of our queries have already been listed, I wud like to summarize as follows:

1. 6Lacs course fee: What all included & what excluded?
2. Approximate total expenses?
3. What all can be funded by SBI?
4. Prevailing rates of interest offered by SBI to XLRI?
5. Whether family acco provided or not?
6. Whether single/twin/triple sharing basis for others?
7. Laptops: Does XLRI have arrangements with vendors? If allowed self-procured lappie, then of what configuration? Seniors, Ur personal suggestions here...
8. Seniors, till what time wuld u b availble in XL. We would like to meet u all in person and get valuable inputs...Kindly suggest the probable schedule at your convinience.
9. Do we need to brush up a few fundamentals before we arrive? Any suggested readings??
10. Since there may not b an overlap of our stay on campus, we may like to get hold of the necessary database that u seniors may be holding. How do we facilitate the transfer of database? (Maybe, one of us may have to shoulder this responsibility....)

I hope that i have echoed most of the queries that the incoming GMPians wud have. Others may please add on any other specific query, if they have any.

Cheers,
Sandeep Sharma

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

All gmp final call getters please join yahoo group at XLRI_GMP_07_08 : XLRI GMP 07-08

Thanks

Subrata

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for your information. I am also in. But I am confused about the result. Should we consider the internet message as authentic? My problem is that I have to provide 3 months notice period at my present employer and I may be relieved within 2 months. If I wait for the official letter then it may take more than 8-10 days from now and by that much my reliese will be delayed. So can senior GMPians help me? Can you check with the admission office whether my admission is confirmed or not? my ID is : 368947 Name: Anil Patel. I have to resign on Monday if my admission is confirmed.

Thanks and regards,

Anil

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...