Xlri Bm Vs Mdi Pgpm

38 Posts  ·  29 Users
About this group
hey guys! can anybody help me out. i am confused between MDI-pgpm and XLRI-BM. i would really like you people to give your opinions and some facts about both the institutes. so that i can weigh the pros(i think there will be no cons) that ca...
Page 1 of 4

Okies... so far so good.

Now, enough has been said about MDI and XLRI (though not much info on XL on this thread, check the XLRI PI thread... where the senoirs from XL have given enuf dope!)

So, refer to the gyan on MDI, XLRI and this thread to make an informaed choice! :wink:

Locked.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

the people frm MDI are really nice folks yaar maverick 123

plz look at MDI vs NITIE thread. man look at vineetmanghani's post. he is a very gud and mature poster. infact ive been reading this thread and others too regarding MDI.

vineet and others, thx for helping the aspirants well. the thread starter has been helped by MDI people and thx for that.

i dun believe MDI peeps r partial. and hey neither am i a MDI student nor ive got admit into it. plz people lets not fight over trivial matters.

plz MDI seniors ur doing a fine job. dun be angry. we recognise that u r all very subjective in ur approach and r not advertising or singing praises coz MDI is a damn gud coll

i missed it by a whisker, .01%tile and god damn i know how that hurted me

MDI rocks and so does XLRI

2 likes

why does MDI call 350 ppl for 120 seats? then the waiting list is meaningless?

Dude,

how correct u are ... BTW which B-school u are from ... guess its very easy to stay outside and comment rather than being the part of the system ... now who is doing face saving act ... or giving "global gyan" ... if someone ask me when i'm sleeping that which is a better B-school ... i'll probably sleep again.

Cheers!!!
Ritesh

Chillax MDI hotties...!!!! Learn to accept somebody's personal opinion....Even if it is against ur Alma
Anyway Ritesh bro, If ever I do a MBA I wont need my institute to be my identity......or add weightage to my opinions......

These are the kind of responses which get people to react and threads locked. Dude, try acting just a bit mature.
Till then, I'm requesting the mods to lock this thread. The thread starter is not getting his purpose served from this discussion.

From the junk that was being discussed here it is only a matter of time that the thread would be locked
I have already requested the MODS to do so in my first post...I was just trying to add some spice.....
One learning for me was that u MDIiites are seriously Bad-tempered ones......
maverick123 Says
How couldn't I ever anticipate this response with MDIittes in this thread..Damn this Royal Stag is a cerebral killer:wow:

These are the kind of responses which get people to react and threads locked. Dude, try acting just a bit mature.

Anyways, the kind of discussion we had in the MDI vs NITIE thread can only be had if we get someone from XLRI to come in and post about his/her institute, and the others shut their trap.

Till then, I'm requesting the mods to lock this thread. The thread starter is not getting his purpose served from this discussion.

Hey Ritesh,
you must understand - some people do not have the intelligence to find out facts, talk to alumni and then make an informed choice about the institute that they will join. They would much rather go by the rankings in XYZ magazine. Tomorrow, if a magazine says that Jhumritalaiya Institute of Management is better than IIMA, these people will go for JIM.
There is also another section of people who criticise everything that a particular b-school does.Grapes probably are very sour.

maverick123 Says
How couldn't I ever anticipate this response with MDIittes in this thread..Damn this Royal Stag is a cerebral killer:wow:

Dude,

how correct u are ... BTW which B-school u are from ... guess its very easy to stay outside and comment rather than being the part of the system ... now who is doing face saving act ... or giving "global gyan" ... if someone ask me when i'm sleeping that which is a better B-school ... i'll probably sleep again.

Cheers!!!
Ritesh

Well, could not resist the temptation of giving my gyaan on this.I will write only the positives in my opinion(I do not know about the negatives you see )

MDI:
1) Excellent faculty
2) Great location(in terms of connectivity)
3) Great infrastructure
4) Strong international student exchange programme
5) No differentials in placements (I find this very appealing, but this point somehow gets overlooked by most people)

XLRI:
1) Excellent faculty
2) A huge number of electives to choose from in the second year...90+ as far as I know
3) Great infrastructure
4) A wonderful community feeling

Mentioning a particular factor for one institute does not imply that the other one does not have it....Just typed in whatever I knew...

Hey guys ! No need to argue over whether MDI is better XLRI. I think both are very GOOD insititutes and both are uncomparable. The reason why istarted this thread was that i could get some facts(ie POSITIVES) abouts both the insitutes that would help me make my mind. I think the negitives that anyone may point out are nullified by the positives of both the institutes. I think you people would really help me out by tellling more about the intitutes rather than comparing them .
THANKS

1 like
we don't need to do any kinda face savin act...it doesn't matter 2 hoots if some ppl leave MDI for any other insti, we will still attract a good pool of students and continue having our faculty which is our strength

and pratik to answer ur question check out the Nitie v/s MDI thread wherein we have higlighted our cons too wrt Nitie...ask a sensible question u get a sensible response :neutral: and to reiterate indulging in a game of upmanship and tryin to influence prospecive b-schoolers doesnt matter to us 1 bit...as i said for every 1 person we lose out on to any other insti we have 5 equally good ones wanting to get in

rgds
ronnie

1 like