XIME Final Call Getters[2011-2013]

810 Posts  ·  131 Users
About this group
Hi guys, This is for all the call getters from Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship. The results were sent out through mails to the selected students on April2nd and 4th.
Page 1 of 81
Was it required from a senior's end to address this. It was a conversation among our lot who are aspirants.

N now that u are wondering why i am gonna write such a long post for ur short immature reply. So its because sometimes Big intentions are hidden in small packets. So, kindly ask ur self now. Did you really read the entire thread since starting? I am sure u dint. Friend, u just wanted to show that u r a senior. Accept this (which is ok with all of us.) We all are looking for a nice, fun loving, joyous batch, but at the same time we are also looking for a SINCERE, MATURE SENIORS who understands a junior's heart out and how he feels in joining his dream B school. But, dont be overjoyed with this feeling, Remember you were also a junior a year back. And regarding how to take ur junior's actions/statements, let me tell you that i am well learnt enough to understand what to say and what not, being gone through in one of the premier Indian/States institutes where these things are well taken care off.

You yourself are provocative in your statement saying "kindly refrain." N u teaching us. Gimme a break Sir. Look before you leap.

N regarding whether it is a post graduate programme or PUC, So my dear lovely senior (in MBA, not in age), all the seniors, cant mention all the names, have been so diligent, polite and honest from their side to address our issues in the last few days which I really respect, but its just this one post of yours which comes as a smacker !

My post was not actually meant to scare the seniors if you would have given a little more time from us busy schedules of internship n read the entire convo. Post was about how none of the seniors were unavailable to address our issues on PG(which we understand coz u all were busy, so its cool) and how all of us, the aspirants, were throwing our hear-says/tantrums/wishes or wtever u may say now, to each other, jus because WE WERE SO DAMN THRILLED TO BE A PART OF XIME and we all are overjoyed.

But If that Thrill seems to be a "childish boast" to you, then I think you have gone ahead very far with your words. I request you do not try to belittle any of the junis or atleast me...Now, lets keep it this way. Shall we?:splat:

Since this thread is not meant for mud slinging, even though I would very much like to answer to this here, I'll reply to u in private messages. u shuld understand that a pagalguy thread is not a private forum for batch 17. its visited by batch 17, ppl in the waiting list, seniors, alumini and the whole public. Lets talk in private and speak freely shall we?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello all,

Saddened to see a lot of mud slinging happening here. This could snow ball into something big and thus I intervene.

Please look at the sense and not the literal meaning of words. I'm sure none of us mean to generalze against batches. Its just that when you type a response, it flows naturally. I'm sure we dont expect eachother to be so formal and legal on this formal to start analysing every word.

Robin's response was meant for our good friend Sinhji and thus he even quotes Kung fu Panda's msg (who inturn qouted Sinhji) in his response, instead of his being a new post to the group.

As for SCG's comment, guess one/some of the prospective juniors cheesed all of us off with some cheeky comments. I've read those posts myself and will not agree to denial. SCGwas merely responding cheekily. Lets not start throwing each others weight around in vain.

As for the prospective juniors, dont waste anymore time on PG, enjoy your last few days with family before you can join coll. Dont rough your head up with unnecessary debates and arguments. Just chill, pack right and get ready for your travel. If you need any help on this, do buzz us.

Please be courteous and respect my request to not further debate or argue on the above posts, this I say to both the prospective juniors and the 16ers. Thank you all!

Regards,
Nathan

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Animosity n Aryan,

I appreciate all the support from our juniors on this wide public forum where people from all ova d country keep a track of particularly at dis tym of the year. So if any negative & unnecessary criticism is made against any college, it adversely affects its students too which includes batch 17 in our case too.
Now that was the primary reason of me intervening into this thread (after 80 pages) where i found 'a few' from batch 17 have really crossed limits & shud have been stopped by people like u who fyl proud to b a part of XIME (correct me if m wrong).
This message of mine was meant for particularly those who made those comments n thus they dnt cum upfrnt nemr.
Its pretty understandable the enthusiasm n joy wich u people were/are goin thru but at the same time I expect u people to undrstnd the need to ask ur batch mates to at lyst nt bad mouth the college.
And as u say it was immatured on my part to have asked the "whole batch" to talk sense, I dnt think it was personally shot on ne1 & thus I dnt fyl the need to take bak ma words. (if ne1 found dem offensive as aryan n animosity did, I fyn no shame to apologize) but if u dnt fyl lyk stoppin people frm bad mouthin XIME (ur college) den I am not sure abt d definition of 'immaturity'.
Last point about sharath's comment. His comment was not immediate, it followed a few comments wich I dont think were appropriate at all. Wen u say "it was not required" den i differ "it was required". Wen u say "it was bween us the batch 17" den i differ "it was nt bween u only". Wen u say "seniors wr not required" i differ as sum people of batch 17 wanted us to b in the forum. N even if v r not asked, v stl wud wen its about XIME.
V mite hav sounded a lil rude but that was not intended to dsrespect ne1 but to ensure XIME is nt dsrespktd.
V hold no grudges against ne1 as there is no reason of doin so. bt u nyd to undrstnd whr XIME stands. Welcum again. Cheers. :)
Robin

There is no hard feelings or any personal agenda here..but just introspect that when you mention something about the whole batch it means the whole batch.So wont you feel bad when you are accused of a thing which you have not done? And about respect to seniors, we know we have great seniors from both batch 16 and 15. And about respect to XIME , check my last few posts even I had confronted the negative vibes. We are equally proud of this college which will be our alma matter. I even dont have any grudges against you, seriously. Its only that I felt hurted to see that we have been so easily generalised. Xime is my college, your college, our college and it is a reputed one with good image. Just if some anonymous person comment anything about the college without any relevence we should not spoil our spirit. I am sure both the batches will have a mutual understanding and great bond.
And I will love to meet you personally for a beer and to learn a lot about so many things. And yes we are also with you to stop those negative things done by some people whom even we dont know are even joining or not.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Aryan u shud hav byn a 'lil' annoyed wen XIME was bad-mouthed.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
aryan4ever2006 Says
I think it quite n honest reply Animosity. I think Mr.FLOATER needs to take back his/her words regarding mentioning WHOLE BATCH which will annoy many like me....Pretty immature.

Hi Animosity n Aryan,

I appreciate all the support from our juniors on this wide public forum where people from all ova d country keep a track of particularly at dis tym of the year. So if any negative & unnecessary criticism is made against any college, it adversely affects its students too which includes batch 17 in our case too.
Now that was the primary reason of me intervening into this thread (after 80 pages) where i found 'a few' from batch 17 have really crossed limits & shud have been stopped by people like u who fyl proud to b a part of XIME (correct me if m wrong).
This message of mine was meant for particularly those who made those comments n thus they dnt cum upfrnt nemr.
Its pretty understandable the enthusiasm n joy wich u people were/are goin thru but at the same time I expect u people to undrstnd the need to ask ur batch mates to at lyst nt bad mouth the college.
And as u say it was immatured on my part to have asked the "whole batch" to talk sense, I dnt think it was personally shot on ne1 & thus I dnt fyl the need to take bak ma words. (if ne1 found dem offensive as aryan n animosity did, I fyn no shame to apologize) but if u dnt fyl lyk stoppin people frm bad mouthin XIME (ur college) den I am not sure abt d definition of 'immaturity'.
Last point about sharath's comment. His comment was not immediate, it followed a few comments wich I dont think were appropriate at all. Wen u say "it was not required" den i differ "it was required". Wen u say "it was bween us the batch 17" den i differ "it was nt bween u only". Wen u say "seniors wr not required" i differ as sum people of batch 17 wanted us to b in the forum. N even if v r not asked, v stl wud wen its about XIME.
V mite hav sounded a lil rude but that was not intended to dsrespect ne1 but to ensure XIME is nt dsrespktd.
V hold no grudges against ne1 as there is no reason of doin so. bt u nyd to undrstnd whr XIME stands. Welcum again. Cheers. :)
Robin
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Kindly refrain from boasting childishly and making provocative posts. we are usually a friendly lot. lets keep it that way shall we? This is a post graduate programme. not PUC.

- A not so scared senior

Was it required from a senior's end to address this. It was a conversation among our lot who are aspirants.

N now that u are wondering why i am gonna write such a long post for ur short immature reply. So its because sometimes Big intentions are hidden in small packets. So, kindly ask ur self now. Did you really read the entire thread since starting? I am sure u dint. Friend, u just wanted to show that u r a senior. Accept this (which is ok with all of us.) We all are looking for a nice, fun loving, joyous batch, but at the same time we are also looking for a SINCERE, MATURE SENIORS who understands a junior's heart out and how he feels in joining his dream B school. But, dont be overjoyed with this feeling, Remember you were also a junior a year back. And regarding how to take ur junior's actions/statements, let me tell you that i am well learnt enough to understand what to say and what not, being gone through in one of the premier Indian/States institutes where these things are well taken care off.

You yourself are provocative in your statement saying "kindly refrain." N u teaching us. Gimme a break Sir. Look before you leap.

N regarding whether it is a post graduate programme or PUC, So my dear lovely senior (in MBA, not in age), all the seniors, cant mention all the names, have been so diligent, polite and honest from their side to address our issues in the last few days which I really respect, but its just this one post of yours which comes as a smacker !

My post was not actually meant to scare the seniors if you would have given a little more time from us busy schedules of internship n read the entire convo. Post was about how none of the seniors were unavailable to address our issues on PG(which we understand coz u all were busy, so its cool) and how all of us, the aspirants, were throwing our hear-says/tantrums/wishes or wtever u may say now, to each other, jus because WE WERE SO DAMN THRILLED TO BE A PART OF XIME and we all are overjoyed.

But If that Thrill seems to be a "childish boast" to you, then I think you have gone ahead very far with your words. I request you do not try to belittle any of the junis or atleast me...Now, lets keep it this way. Shall we?:splat:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Animosity Says
If you really dont mind can you please explain sir what made you to mark the whole batch of your juniors for the post of a particular candidate? And if you have really gone through the whole discussion even we juniors have supported our seniors in the above discussion. In a forum where any anonymous person can post anything under the sun, generalising the whole batch 17 is not sensible and can hurt our dignity. We really appreciate the initiatives of our seniors in solving our queries and we look forward for a cordial relationship between both the batches having similarities in all respects including intelligence except that one has joined a year earlier. I think I havent said anything to annoid anyone but still I appologise in advance if there is something annoying....

I think it quite n honest reply Animosity. I think Mr.FLOATER needs to take back his/her words regarding mentioning WHOLE BATCH which will annoy many like me....Pretty immature.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
wen thru d earlier conversatn. batch 16 is pleased to get a brilliant batch of juniors wid such gr8 innovative thinkin tanks loaded wid criticisms more dan queries. Well, d nly thng troublin me is "y r u intelligen peopl nt intelligen enuf to choose a college wich u think deservs u wid d score u got in d entrance??"
d way u people r jumpin indicates dat u r doin a favor devotin urself to xime.. naaah, go fr d best college wich accepts ur score... if u dnt hav nethng bettr dan XIME den stop cribbin... post ur queries n get dem resolved, daz wat dis forum was started fr... if u hav criticism to make den eidr appear fr entrance nxt yr again to aim fr "a college wid NO/ LESSER CRITICISM" or get in d college n make efforts to remove the deficiencies of XIME. but d way u peopl r against d college on PG is nt acceptable as its negative fr d college reputatn..
1 more thng.. ROI factor... ne1 who fyls dey r at loss investin 7-8 lacs fr 2 yrs, gotta undrstnd d basic funda of discounting ur future returns n den compare it wid d initial investment. Jus by ur 1st placement if u calculate ROI den u nyd to go thru sum basic conceptual books. N evn if u thnk d 1st placemnt is nt gud here in XIME den u r mistaken.. sum students got placed wid "HIGH packages". Depends upon hw u prepare n present urslf. N d way ur intelligence n innovation n enthusiasm is overflowin here, u shudnt b worried. d platform is made. welcum to XIME. cheers. ROBIN. :)

If you really dont mind can you please explain sir what made you to mark the whole batch of your juniors for the post of a particular candidate? And if you have really gone through the whole discussion even we juniors have supported our seniors in the above discussion. In a forum where any anonymous person can post anything under the sun, generalising the whole batch 17 is not sensible and can hurt our dignity. We really appreciate the initiatives of our seniors in solving our queries and we look forward for a cordial relationship between both the batches having similarities in all respects including intelligence except that one has joined a year earlier. I think I havent said anything to annoid anyone but still I appologise in advance if there is something annoying....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi singhji9,

The points youve raised are hard-hitting indeed. Good questions have been asked, it certainly looks like youve done your homework really well. But may I go as far as to ask why YOU have chosen XIME? Maybe a little background information would help in knowing exactly what you want from us, as you havent been satisfied with any of the answers provided. Being a little late to the party, let me get this straight- You have applied to XIME, and you have been selected after the necessary formalities (congrats!). And you have even decided to join. Now that you will be doing your MBA in XIME, you have a lot of questions, to which you also have your answers seemingly worked out.

If you had these questions earlier, did you ask them during your interviews or visit(s) to the college? Because if you had these questions and didnt ask them then, its downright silly, and you dont seem like a silly person to me. So Im guessing youve asked them. And youre certainly not satisfied. Yet youve chosen to join XIME. The question is WHY?

In your first post, you said the seniors (who, by the way, are trying to help out as much as they can in spite of their busy internship schedules) were free to comment, defend. They have tried their best to give you answers, give them credit for that. You are still dissatisfied, nothing wrong in that either. Except for the tone of your conversation.

This is an excerpt from your last post- What I have done is I have spurned you into action. Sure youre on defensive now, I understand. But I hope you are also introspecting at the same time. I hope youre not being defensive when you think too. I know you dont have the ability to change things in the short term, but can we not work on the points I mentioned in the long term instead of defending the weaknesses?

And below is an excerpt from Nathans first post in reply to you-
Lets not focus on them (issues, now) but put our energies together to take this college to elevated levels. Batch 16 is on that job, hope Batch 17 supports us!

Isnt that exactly what you claim you want? It looks like its been made clear to everyone from the very beginning that we, Batch 16, are more than happy to help Batch 17 in taking steps to achieve our mutual dreams and aspirations. Yet you ruffle feathers with your curt demeanour, even proclaiming that you give us the freedom to defend ourselves. You then shoot down every answer that comes your way either because you think you know better or because the answer is just plain unsatisfactory from your point of view (again, nothing wrong with the latter). But YOU started with the allegory of the rickshaw drivers and XIME. Pretty silly yeah? Almost amusing, actually. But the problem with silly questions/statements is that they usually warrant silly answers/statements. And when theyve been given, its been blown out and a classic example of reductio ad absurdum. Youve repeatedly been saying that you dont like ill-will, yet you openly and unapologetically admit that your language is curt. Interesting.

To sum it up, ummm, curtly, YOU push aside the hand of comradeship thats been helpfully offered, state YOUR theories/suggestions, reject all replies, continue being curt, then pat YOURSELF on the back for spurning us into action (Im sure you meant to spur us, but ironically, its more of spurning than spurring thats been happening here) and then offer YOUR hand in friendship, all the while under a convenient disclaimer that these are only views of yours... very interesting indeed!

We will certainly not associate the whole batch with one individual, that bit was really unnecessary. We also dont believe in premature biases, if we did, none of us would be at XIME. Weve tried addressing your suggestions to the best of our abilities, and if you found them inadequate, we apologize. If youre still very unconvinced about the college (and you sound so), you should give it a skip and pursue the college of your dreams... thats the answer. Few people have the courage and fewer still the conviction to do so, and I salute those who do.

But since hope is what youre looking for, and not an answer, let me tell you something- there are students at XIME who are dissatisfied with certain issues (and not always wrongfully so), while there are also those who are more than satisfied. Personally, Ive always considered XIME to be a place which gave you the necessary tools and implements to launch yourself. It doesnt have the catapult that the premier institutions have (namely, the recognition) to hurl you into the sky on a fast-track path to success, but it does provide the necessary runway and training to get you flying under your own steam, which, though requiring harder work from us, is still very much on the cards. It all depends on one's attitude. For instance, the 9 PM deadline itself might be a major turn-off for some (I dont see how it couldnt be!), while for others it might just be a stumbling block, while for the rest it might actually be an opportunity to work on their projects or even catch up on some sleep to refresh the mind for the long day that lies ahead. If youre expecting a path strewn with rose petals, then XIME is certainly not the place for you, youre going to be hurt by the thorns that lie in between. Life isnt fair, and XIME might not seem that way too sometimes. You ARE going to groan and moan here, but if you want, you will find many more reasons to smile and laugh, moments and people that youll cherish forever. Thats XIME. Thats also a part and parcel of Life. And yes, as long as there are students like you who wish to strive for improvement, there is always the hope that we can make things even better.

Here is what I suggest- everyone on this thread is at a consensus on the futility of posting such topics on this forum. Everyone here also wants to raise the college (and ourselves too, lets not kid ourselves! ) to greater heights. So the best thing to do is talk about it over a cup of coffee (or beer maybe?!) with the interested parties in person once college (re)opens, pool our brains and resources together, and come up with something awesome that will blow everyones brains out. And lets all be a little more polite while were at it- after all, a little niceness can go a long way in making the world a better place! ;)

wen thru d earlier conversatn. batch 16 is pleased to get a brilliant batch of juniors wid such gr8 innovative thinkin tanks loaded wid criticisms more dan queries. Well, d nly thng troublin me is "y r u intelligen peopl nt intelligen enuf to choose a college wich u think deservs u wid d score u got in d entrance??"
d way u people r jumpin indicates dat u r doin a favor devotin urself to xime.. naaah, go fr d best college wich accepts ur score... if u dnt hav nethng bettr dan XIME den stop cribbin... post ur queries n get dem resolved, daz wat dis forum was started fr... if u hav criticism to make den eidr appear fr entrance nxt yr again to aim fr "a college wid NO/ LESSER CRITICISM" or get in d college n make efforts to remove the deficiencies of XIME. but d way u peopl r against d college on PG is nt acceptable as its negative fr d college reputatn..
1 more thng.. ROI factor... ne1 who fyls dey r at loss investin 7-8 lacs fr 2 yrs, gotta undrstnd d basic funda of discounting ur future returns n den compare it wid d initial investment. Jus by ur 1st placement if u calculate ROI den u nyd to go thru sum basic conceptual books. N evn if u thnk d 1st placemnt is nt gud here in XIME den u r mistaken.. sum students got placed wid "HIGH packages". Depends upon hw u prepare n present urslf. N d way ur intelligence n innovation n enthusiasm is overflowin here, u shudnt b worried. d platform is made. welcum to XIME. cheers. ROBIN. 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Sent a PM to seniors of XIME (sharathcg, nathan, dennythomas) please help me if you can...few hostel issues needs to sorted and guided
Thanks for the help and time

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...