Xavier Institute of Management & Research,Mumbai [MMS 2010-12 Admission Queries]

186 Posts  ·  71 Users
About this group
Hello Puy's ! Continue your Queries and Discussions related to* Xavier Institute of Management & Research (XIMR), Mumbai*. *Official Website:-* Xavier Institute of Management & Research (XIMR) *Related Links:-* Previous Thread: http:...
Page 1 of 19

Hey I got 87percentile in cet and 83 in cmat any chance for ximr? Thru minority quota??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is inter university migration possible? From DU to MU? 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi There...

Wanted to know about bachelor in management course of XIMR. Are there placement opportunities after BMS from XIMR??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

puys, how are ximr mumbai placement scenerio ..Is any senior present here from the college who can guide..providing us the latest placement records and how good the college is for MMS

PUYS IF U KNW SMETHING PLS HELP..
😐
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Portico comes up with a great way to make college functions & fests even more exciting. Pillow fights! Yes, you got it right, pillow fights. Done this before and have experienced a crazy footfall. Click here http://bit.ly/16XT5bv to have this in your college for some moments of unlimited fun!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

any chance of cracking ximr with 149 as cmat score of feb 2013?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey puys,

heres the new thread.
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/mat-state-level-cet-related/68160-xavier-institute-management-research-mms.html#post2792818

please post your queries here.

@moderator: please close this thread. too much confusion running 2 different threads.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hey how wud one rank these institutes?-
1. xavier
2. chetna
3. sies
4. dalmia
5.indira
6. ies
7. jankidevi bajaj

Since you are on pagalguy...check this out
Pagalguy 2010 rankings

Regional Rankings | PaGaLGuY B-School Rankings 2010

XIMR was ranked no1 among B-schools in Mumbai in 2010

Pagalguy 2009 rankings

http://pagalguy.com/rankings/2009/index.php/welcome/rankings

XIMR ranked 42 in overall India rankings

2011 XIMR not listed in rankings..........may be they thought that with inauguration of CAS, XIMR has moved in a different league
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Sneha123456:

Rankings are a highly subjective matter and would depend heavily on the factors that you deem important for your career. Most rankings that you would see offered by amateurs are actually their preference list and that may not be a match to your preference list.

I preferred better Learning over placement and chose XIMR. Today, I am interning in the emerging market of Africa. And that was something, no Ranking by anyone could have anticipated for me. My suggestion to you would be to work out your points of consideration/preference in an institute before you go for any rankings.

Cheers!

hi sneha,

i think we should leave the rankings to an external agency and m not even talking about the validity of such ratings.

what matters is the vision of a college... does it want to be satisfied being the best in mumbai or does it want to see itself among the best in india? I think the 2nd option is wat XIMR is aiming for.....

all the best..do well in life
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
oh no! thats bad.restrictions treating us like children 😞 so its false ambience.
anyway with state merit no. 834 ,3 yrs work ex in US MNC in I.T. , B.E. SPCE ETRX. right now not employed,no job in hand. do u think i shud go for CET colleges,o ya i do hav welngkar banglor ebiz in hand.
pls guide

This is the same felling that I had last year....thinking that XIMR will be much like an under-grad college where you can hangout with friends, play basketball and get a chance to watch hindi movie actors ( they are usually on campus for shooting ad films)

Once you get into a professional course like MMS you'll not even get time to sleep. The course is so demanding that either you cope up with it or else you get lost in the whole atmosphere, trying to think what your life would had been if you were in other college. And XIMR since its first year has been known for its rigorous schedule.....what else do you expect from a Jesuit institution

And for "treating like children"....we call it a Businees SCHOOL and not a Business COLLEGE
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...