Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship Executive PGDM Queries

23 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
Welcome all Puys for Ex MBA. This thread is related to admission queries about Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship program for *EX PGDM 2012-13*. You can ask any questions regarding the institution, course and it's credentials. ...
Page 1 of 3

Hi all,

I would like to join this course. I didn't find anything about this course on XIME's website. Could someone guide me with the application process & the last date to apply

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

does xime accept mat score

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@no1MBA

I am an IT Professional having around 14 months of work experience. I wish to MBA in next acadamic year i.e 2013-14. I wish to do these studies along with work. Can you please inform me, if there is any course that can suit to me at your organization?

Kindly inform the admission procedure for the same.

Also there have been a lot of diverse opinions about Part time/Distant MBA. Can you please give your valuable comments what things I have to look for if I wish to go for Part Time or Distant MBA?

If XIME is not providing any such course. Could you please inform about other institutes those I should look for Part Time/Distant MBA?

Eagerly waiting for your reply&Many; Many Thanks in advance!!!

-Prashant

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi there...

I wanted to know, whether 5 years work-ex is mandatory???? 4.5 years or so will work or they'll reject the application???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@ karthik

Welcome to XIME ExPGDM thread.

Good to know you have taken up this bold step towards great future ahead. Wish you the very best for it.

To answer your quires:

1, What matters to you - profile or remuneration? Its up to the individuals who come in for this program as to what they want to achieve. Negotiation is your skill, people have made it to better profiles and salaries and also there are cases where guys are not clear on their needs.

2, I feel your query sounds little negative. To tell you the positive side - You could start for the placement through reference, with the help of college, from august itself and make your way out with pre placement offer from your internship company as well or wait for the college placement to happen in Jan and you could join your dream company then. Either way its a win-win situation for you. Infosys, Wipro, TCS and few other major IT companies very well know XIME and its courses. For further info kindly have a look at the placement brochure. Right now its the intake of 5th batch and XIME is known well in Karnataka with top ranking. But the same cannot be compared with ISB or Great Lakes as ExPGDM is not the flagship program.

3, Yes, what you said is correct. Your work-ex is considered while you are been interviewed. More of it, its a lateral placement. That's why have a clear career path and know where you want to place yourself and reach it by making good use of this program.

I hope to have answered to your quires. Further you want to know more, do write in.

Thank you for the response, this gives me more confidence.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
huchhahudga Says
I guess I'm tooo late....

@huchhahudga

I hope you have made the required note on my earlier post informing about the extension of dates and hopefully have applied by this time.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

I am expecting an offer for Ex-PGDM (2012-13 batch) and would like to know about the placements for the Ex-PGDM students.

1) Approx what percentage of hike do we get in the pay package?
2) The course gets over in Sep and the placements wouldn't start till Jan, so looks like we will have to search for the job on our own. How well is this degree recognized among the corporates?
3) I am hoping our current work-ex is considered while looking out for a job, please tell me this is true..

Thanks,
Karthik

@ karthik

Welcome to XIME ExPGDM thread.

Good to know you have taken up this bold step towards great future ahead. Wish you the very best for it.

To answer your quires:

1, What matters to you - profile or remuneration? Its up to the individuals who come in for this program as to what they want to achieve. Negotiation is your skill, people have made it to better profiles and salaries and also there are cases where guys are not clear on their needs.

2, I feel your query sounds little negative. To tell you the positive side - You could start for the placement through reference, with the help of college, from august itself and make your way out with pre placement offer from your internship company as well or wait for the college placement to happen in Jan and you could join your dream company then. Either way its a win-win situation for you. Infosys, Wipro, TCS and few other major IT companies very well know XIME and its courses. For further info kindly have a look at the placement brochure. Right now its the intake of 5th batch and XIME is known well in Karnataka with top ranking. But the same cannot be compared with ISB or Great Lakes as ExPGDM is not the flagship program.

3, Yes, what you said is correct. Your work-ex is considered while you are been interviewed. More of it, its a lateral placement. That's why have a clear career path and know where you want to place yourself and reach it by making good use of this program.

I hope to have answered to your quires. Further you want to know more, do write in.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I am expecting an offer for Ex-PGDM (2012-13 batch) and would like to know about the placements for the Ex-PGDM students.

1) Approx what percentage of hike do we get in the pay package?
2) The course gets over in Sep and the placements wouldn't start till Jan, so looks like we will have to search for the job on our own. How well is this degree recognized among the corporates?
3) I am hoping our current work-ex is considered while looking out for a job, please tell me this is true..

Thanks,
Karthik

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Due to All India Bundh and on students request the admission dates are extended.

I would like to inform you all that you can still apply.

I shall confirm the dates soon for last day of receipt, but till then you can go ahead and apply.

If anyone has any query you can direct it to me directly by posting here or using PM.

I shall help you all on information related to the course and admission.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@huchhahudga

I would like to tell you, not to worry. Since today is All India Bundh, students have been calling college for extension of dates.

I would like to inform you that you can still apply.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...