XAT-XLRI (2006) : Queries & Discussion

1,279 Posts  ·  441 Users
About this group
Hi All, There have been a lot of queries and discussions going on in the "XAT notification" thread. so here i am starting this thread to take up your queries regarding XAT & XLRI. Do let us know if there is anything you would like to kn...
Page 1 of 128
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I m Stoned. :wow: Can't believe the XL shortlist-filter. Till now we have 2 cases in early 99.80s (myself inclusive) not getting calls. But, its disgusting to see such balanced scores not getting calls. If not this, then when?! ??:

PS: Just wondering, if we got filtered out in the upper cut-off thiny!

You are "Stoned" ?? shouldn't that make it easier to believe?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

m withya guys...:grab: thats really out of human comprehension i mean at 99.**, at least give a call!! u may reject the person later....i had the belief that witha high score the call is almost certain..u may get chucked out at the second stage....bt xl is provin it all wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I m Stoned. :wow: Can't believe the XL shortlist-filter. Till now we have 2 cases in early 99.80s (myself inclusive) not getting calls. But, its disgusting to see such balanced scores not getting calls. If not this, then when?! ??:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Maybe the fact that i didnt get a call with 99.88 %ile
with QA-99.61
VA- 98.15
DI- 96.6
will make u feel still better

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

no hard feelins budy.....
i understnd wat u al r gion thru..been thru the same 2 yrs bk....luky to survive this time have a much lower score....at 90.6 u dnt feel THAT bad

with QA-99.61
VA- 98.15
DI- 96.6
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
divyakumar Says
Ever year there are cases which are difficult to understand(why they didn't get a call or why they got a call) but at the end of the day, the decision of the institute is final. XAT is only one of the things considered while giving calls. This is true for any other institute. May be IIMs give a very high weithtage to CAT so call pattern by and large matches the score pattern. This is certainly not a judgement on the potential of the candidate who has not been given a call. But believe me, despite some wrong decisions every year, there is a proper criteria(not known to us or you) which is used while giving calls to people. The calls may be difficult to understand but certainly not arbit because the stakes of institute are as high as stakes of students. Quality of students directly impacts their brand name. People are free to vent out their frustrations but wiser ones, instead of cursing anybody and everybody, look towards the future as many of the PGites who could not get a call have been doing. I also did the same thing after CAT fiasco last year and it bore results. IIMs or XL are not the only places which can give u what u very rightfully deserve. Once again All the Best to all Call getters. We'll be available on PG for any interview guidance u need.

Boss, you make it sound like XLRI is doing us a favour by giving us calls... the whole point is why are these "other things" and the weightage assigned to them not revealed to candidates who've shelled out 1500 bucks to apply?

If the "Proper Criteria" is not known to us... then how do we know that it is indeed the "Proper" criteria?? You make it sound like we are talking about some god here in whose wisdom we should have faith...

and the line that "the quality of students directly affects the brand name of the institute" is the kind of stuff you tell children... if you've worked (and from your age, I am guessing you have) you'll know that its the brand that sells the product not the other way round...

At the end of the day, all thats required is transperancy... not some "the selection criteria, that we won't tell you, is very good" nonsense!

if the selection is fair, then the insti should have no issues in letting everyone know how it works...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
wha the @#$#@
thst a sadistically goood feelin
:satisfie:

with QA-99.61
VA- 98.15
DI- 96.6
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
divyakumar Says
Firstly I m sir and not ma'am. Secondly 'scope for error' was my personal statement. Even if u select candidates purely on the basis of exam score, isn't there a scope of error of calling a guy only on the basis of his performance in a 2 hr exam, neglecting all other things. Nothing in this world is perfect and error free, sooner u realize it better it is. People find results unfair because the process and weightages given to specific components are not known and this is not unique to XL. FMS does not even tell u the scores..this does not mean that they give calls solely on the basis of scores. There might be some cases difficult to explain but if cribbing wud have fetched those ppl a call, I wud have been the first person to do it.

First of all Sir, pardon me for calling you Ma'am.
I do not wish to get involved in a verbal duel with someone studying in an accomplished institute like yours. I, myself probably do not deseve a call, but there are too many cases where you cannot fathom why/why not did he/she get a call.
And Sir, FMS does not tell us the scores because it is a solitary college conducting its own test, while XAT is used by 41 institutes apart from XLRI.
No point blaming anybody here. I only wanted to point out that it is not fair to candidates that judgements are based on criteria wholly unkown to candidates. I have already made my point elsewhere. Period.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys....
m relatively bew 2 PG....so dont exactly know n get whts goin on....
CAT was a disaster.... jus gave d IIFT interview n GD yester.... others call is NM

XAT was ok..... 96.91.... VA 74.3, QA 97.3, DI 95.6.... m a fresher engg so wasnt expectin a call frm XL so didnt, condolences 2 those who got gr8 score but couldnt make it...... its not in our hands in d end.... jus wanted 2 know abt d XIMB results??????? r they out n wht r my chances????

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi guys.. i got a xlri bm call. my overall percentile is 99.94 with a spread of va 99.8, qa 94.6, di/lr 99.3. can u advise me on how 2 start preprin 4 the pi. i heard dere is no gd. also does de essay we had written come into picture?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...