XAT 2020 group

1,228 Posts  ·  3,610 Users
About this group

For XAT 2020 aspirants to discuss various aspects of preparation specific to XAT

Page 1 of 123

Can my poor academic become a problem in getting a consulting job in campus placement at XLRI? And does HR and BM get same chance for a consulting job or are there any difference?

10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
Luffytaro
@Luffytaro  ·  66 karma

wtf is wrong with people ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
dozer001
@dozer001  ·  989 karma

This is about all the knowledge i have abt consulting n with some of friends exp in B schools. Broadly there are 3 consulting types. 1. Strategic consultant (MBB type) Here acads are all they are after if you want the top 3 firms. They probably have acad % cutoffs. 2. IT Consulting: TCS, Wipro and Infosys are best here. These afaik would prefer a CS background (coding isnt required) and go easy on acads. They are bulk hirers so sometimes lower package. 3. Accounting Consultants: More finance oriented and may focus on the finance subjects you took in the Bschool and how u performed in there. The acad cutoffs are there for some but normally lower that the 1st category. KPMG, Deloitte, E&Y and PwC are the big 4 here ti be looked for. Other tech companies like Amazon, Flipkart, OYO etc may offer some roles which have different names but in the core have work that mostly consultants do. These dont go crazy on acads and mostly on ur work in the B school.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

When will the results release?

1 like3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Raadhikaa
@Raadhikaa  ·  15 karma

When can i  see my name in selected list of bm and hrm ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Sidhart1234
@Sidhart1234  ·  145 karma

@Raadhikaa That is one hell of a confidence level

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can you guys (eco graduates) share your interview experience? Like what kind of questions pertaining to economics were asked by the panel and how much of it were you able to answer. Thanks!

1 comment
TanujA3
@TanujA3  ·  759 karma

https://m.facebook.com/1731163793841361/posts/2326518060972595/ But they don't ask you many "what" questions, they frequently ask "why" questions.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Want to learn Python
What should I do exactly in that which will be relevant in MBA.
This is the first time I will be learning a computer language in detail so help accordingly.
If there is any specific course, kindly share.  

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
SecretSeeker17
@SecretSeeker17  ·  15 karma

@sahilkapur1993 Business analytics, Product management

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
galadriel53
@galadriel53  ·  814 karma

@billi123456 There's a book called "Learn Python the Hard Way" by Zed Shaw. Its gold, try it.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anyone share the probable date for XL results? I believe the interviews are over, hence, all there is left is the compilation of the same. 

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
Luffy_007
@Luffy_007  ·  6 karma

Okay. But interviews are over aren't they?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Luffytaro
@Luffytaro  ·  66 karma

Yes

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can someone explain why the new campus in Delhi won't affect XLRI's overall placements? ISB ended up creating a parasite when it opened up the Mohali campus and centralized the placement process. Does XLRI plan to keep placements from both campuses separate ? 

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
Champ101
@Champ101  ·  21 karma

So basically everyone agrees that whenever they start a new campus it'll affect their placements  😂

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Neo_99.99
@Neo_99.99  ·  278 karma

it is actually a choice for the college whether to go for centralized placement process or not. Its like choosing between whether to do good for the students or keep thier brand name. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Video Thumbnail71801919275070Video Thumbnail71801919275070Video Thumbnail71801919275070
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Video Thumbnail71801857087540Video Thumbnail71801857087540Video Thumbnail71801857087540
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

XAT 97.4

X/XII/Grad(BSc) : 94/90/80

GD-WAT- great

PI- average

any chances for BM?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Do people convert XLRI with very poor academic? Say (5/5/5) or (5/6/7) or (6/6/6)

3 likes50 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 50
rishabhls
@rishabhls  ·  1 karma

@achyut1989 I have 56% in my graduation, so does that mean I won't get a call even if I perform well in XAT and even if I do get a call I won't be able to convert it?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Sid8515
@Sid8515  ·  9 karma

@rishabhls its like that .....i saw the document in xlri website

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...