XAT 2019 Exam : Preparation, Admission & Placement

159 Posts  ·  727 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on XAT 2019 and Get the details about the Xavier Aptitude Test, XAT Exam, Notification, Exam Date, Registration Process, Syllabus, Preparation, Previous Years Paper, Mock Test, Admit Card, Result, Cut off, How to Apply Online and much more.

Latest Updates:

● XAT 2020 Registration released through online mode from 23 August 2019.

● XAT 2020 Exam Date: 5th January, 2020

For more information, visit the XAT official website – http://www.xatonline.in/

Other Important Articles:

XAT Cutoff 2020: Expected and Previous Year Sectional Cutoff

XAT Preparation 2020: XAT Study Material and Books

XAT Syllabus 2020 | Check Latest XAT Syllabus Here

To keep track of latest discussions on XAT 2019, stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY.

XAT 2019: Live Chat with XLRI Officials – 28th Nov 2018 | PaGaLGuY

Page 1 of 16

Hello to all the budding managers! We would like to know what goes behind the most important decision of your life: Choosing a B-School. Which factors reinforced your decision and what were the trade-offs that you made while coming/ not coming to XLRI? Fill this 2-minute survey and help us create the Bschool that we envisioned XLRI to be. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJ-skfMFVPw5FOVKvunVsD422RcvnfcgFgxefLqYnmmhvH-w/viewform?usp=sf_link

XLRI, Jamshedpur 2019-21
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Query regarding XAT 2020 application form- Work Ex related

In the XAT 2020 application form the work experience section asks for Work ex till 31st March 2020. I'm presently working in a company but I might quit the job sooner or later or even I might not till  31st March 2020. In that case if as on july 31st 2019 I have 20 months of experience should I count it upto 31st March 2020. Since it has to be authentic if i quit my job before March 2020 after filling the form then can it become an issue?.

Kindly reply at the earliest. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Aspirant/Friends ,

- When I completed my MBA in 2018 from IIFT , my friends &  I have planned to start a Video Blog about Marketing, Br.anding , advertising etc. 

- Few months back I have started this Video series/lectures about real time/latest marketing tactics & updates.

- I have got some really encouraging feedback about the same!

- Here is my latest episode. Also there are 8 more you can check on my channels.

(You can mail me on gunjan.dsolanki@gmail.com for discussion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IahpWwuuEzk

Video Thumbnail52574681811098
Gsolanki12
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello MBA Aspirants!

I have started a channel to help aspirants for GD/PI & Corporate placements Interview.

Subscribe: https://youtu.be/r-mJFrxCcbM

I have covered real brands & Live campaigns which books won't provide. 

Happy CATs & Best of Luck!

Note to admin: Please DM me if you find it unwanted. I will remove it ASAP.

Video Thumbnail44029423368927
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys, I have following books with me in mint condition: Arun Sharma books (full set: LR, DI, QA, VA) Disha's XAT previous year papers solved (from 2005 to 2018) Official guide to GRE by ETS Manhattan 5 LB GRE practice book Location- JP Nagar, Bengaluru Total MRP was Rs.3807 DM if interested for any book

CAT 2018: 99.61 Converts: IIM K  WaitList: SPJain Rejects: IIM B , IIM I, FMS, XLRI BM HRM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, I have received many messages about the choice between IIM L & XLRI (even when results for L are not declared yet :p). See if you are interested in HR then go for XLRI any day, however for other specialization IIM L would be a better choice always. 

People might say to you that with ~400 odd students the competition is more in IIM L but trust me the competition is much more in XLRI (because of the absence of quota and more focus on the overall personality of the candidate for shortlisting, all students are of top quality). Unless you have stellar academics, great work ex profile along with extra-curricular activities or national level awards in your CV, then you will have a good chance in XLRI otherwise go for IIM L. Without any of those you wont even make it to the shortlisting list of the top companies during the summer placements at XLRI. You can even confirm about the cut throat competition in XLRI with the current batch students. Outperforming people at XLRI to get the best of the jobs is not an easy task

Besides most of the companies for consulting, product manager & general manager profiles are open for both BM & HR in XLRI (~360 students), so competition for these roles is way more in XLRI then IIM L and as for Finance IIM L is any date better than XLRI.

So, don’t take your decision based on the polls, think thoroughly and be honest & practical in assessing your profile on the above points. And yes IIM tag matters, you will know once you pass out of the college!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My waitlist for BMis 140. Any chances of convert? 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

When will be the results of XLRI final conversion will be out for BM and HRM? It would be very helpful if anyone can provide a date

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
Krisj
@Krisj  ·  207 karma

10th April as per AO

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
Sayak1998
@Sayak1998  ·  61 karma

I called the AO today morning and they said that the results will be out by 10th

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Asking in a neutral group for some unbiased opinion . Which one would be better in terms of ROI and placements ? Profile : X/Xll/Grad/Workex - 95.4/68.3/7.45/30 months

IMT Ghaziabad - Marketing
XIMB - BM
52 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

My 1st post on InsideIIM.

Please, like, share and comment on the article!

P.S-  You might find some motivation in there 😄 

https://insideiim.com/how-i-got-into-xlri-jamshedpur-after-6-interview-attempts/?src=ity&referrer=parminder

Cogito ergo Rum
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...