WRITO-MANIA , All about Writing and Playing with words.

61 Posts  ·  162 Users
About this group

Lets Write <smiley data-src="/emoji/grin.png" alt="grin" title="grin" class="emoji" data-sigil="lazyload emoji" data-cdn="sm"></smiley>

Page 1 of 7

What now for generation next?

The first fourteen years of the new millennium haven't been easy on mankind. It is certainly not a time for the faint-hearted or the emotional ones. The new categories of cataclysmic events like economic meltdown, climate change and International terrorism have been added to the catalog of human misery that till now had consisted of merely wars, diseases and famine. The present time can be called as the Age of Anxiety. 

As much as anxiety, this is also a time of hope and new beginnings of world's resurgence. Life's scenario has changed a lot in last 50 years. Today many young people in our country enjoy a level of prosperity, and have an access to variety of experiences, which their grandparents could scarcely have dreamed of.

What has enabled this remarkable transformation in our destiny? I would say due to the spread of three social phenomena - democracy, education and technology. The world has changed dramatically within our lifetimes - and mostly for the better. So, for the generations to come these advancements should continue so that they can embrace them with passion and commitment and make their home, their village, their town, their state, their country all the better for their youthful aspirations.

I think my guardian angel drinks.
2 comments
iasvishal
@iasvishal  ·  0 karma

Its literally very difficult for me write something like this. Seriously awesome.....:)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
umangjhawar
@umangjhawar  ·  0 karma

Thank you 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

WAT Topic.

What now for generation next?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

WAT Topic

"Should people need to get a license to become parents? "

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
amitranjan2311
@amitranjan2311  ·  0 karma

Parenting is an art. Many people may argue that a formal training can teach you art, but the fact is training can only sheen what you already have and it cannot teach you artistic intellects. You can teach people how to take pictures but you cannot teach them what to take.

In a country like India, getting a license to become parents looks good on paper, but it is difficult to implement and in some cases unnecessary also. Every parent loves their children. So the problem does not lie with parenting, it lies with the circumstances in which they do parenting. Getting a license or getting a formal training can teach basic nuances of parenting, but in real world where most of people is living below poverty line, it does not add more values. Moreover, getting a license will further delay the process of becoming parent and having children.

In a country like India, some people can moot that license can act as a measure to curb population growth, but there are some other ways to do that. Sterilization is one of them that can solve the problem permanently. Government is also thrusting more focus on testectomy and vasectomy to control population, which is in line with "one child policy" of china. Moreover, they are also ensuring better health conditions during and after pregnancy, good educational scheme, good nutritional program which  are helping parents to fulfill their responsibilities.

To sum up we can say that though it seems that licensing regime can help people to be better parents, by giving them formal training and teaching them nuances of parenting, the fact is we have better solutions to curb population growth and help people to fulfill their responsibilities.so rather than making it mandatory to get license government should focus on more to provide better environment to everybody and better scientific methods to rein in population growth.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
umangjhawar
@umangjhawar  ·  0 karma

Well written 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Writing Calling. 

This thread has become dormant 😞

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

guys what does steamroll means ?virat kohli said this in an interview

http://newsinshorts.com/news?newsid=i-hate-losing-says-test-skipper-virat-kohli&utm_referrer=faceboo...

khiladi mere jungli hai
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Life or just a Race? Humans or just Machines?

Whole life people run after things which they don't have, without cherishing the ones they have. Why a feeling of dissatisfaction prevails all the time? Life is all about spreading love, smiles and so on, that's what my heart tells me. But somewhere my nasty mind comes into picture and says, "You Idiot! Stop being an emotional fool, this world is not for the emotional ones, think practically." After pondering over this, "think practically" thing, I realize that it simply means, just become a machine, complete your education, start earning bucks, get married, have children, work your ass off till they grow up, so that you can spend all your earnings on their weddings, and finally land up in Haridwar, I guess every other person has a similar story. This ambivalence continues and so does this so called rat-race. Running after the biggies we forget the small things and moments, which make our lives worth living. So, it's high time to decide whether we are living a life or just running a race, whether we are humans or just machines.Period.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Would Always

FORM

[would always + VERB]

Examples:

• You would always take your surfboard with you when you went to the beach.
  • Would you always take your surfboard with you when you went to the beach?
  • You would not always take your surfboard with you when you went to the beach.

USE 1 Habit in the Past

Like "used to" and Simple Past, "would always" expresses the idea that something was an old habit which stopped in the past. It says that an action was often repeated in the past, but it is not usually done now. Unlike "used to" and Simple Past, "would always" suggests that someone willingly acted that way and sometimes expresses annoyance or amusement at the habit. It also often suggests the habit was extreme. To express the opposite idea, we can say "would never" to indicate that someone never did something in the past, but now they do.

Examples:

• She would always send me strange birthday gifts.
  • Sam and Mary would always choose the most exotic vacation destinations.
  • Sally would not always arrive early to class. She came late once or twice.
  • Ned would always show up at our house without calling first.
  • Mindy would not always walk to school. Sometimes, she took the bus.
  • Christine would always come late to the meetings.
  • Jeff would never pay for drinks when we went out together with our friends.
    Refusing to do something or normally not doing something is also a form of habit.

REMEMBER "Would Always" is Different

"Would always" is not exactly the same as "used to" or the Simple Past. "Would always" cannot be used to talk about past facts or generalizations. It can only be used for repeated actions.

Examples:

• Sarah was shy, but now she is very outgoing. Correct
  • Sarah used to be shy, but now she is very outgoing. Correct
  • Sarah would always be shy, but now she is very outgoing. Not Correct

Forms Related to "Would Always"

In addition to "would always," English speakers often use "would constantly," "would often," "would forever" or simply "would." Although the last form "would" is correct, it is not suggested because it can easily be confused with other verb forms such as the Conditional or Future in the Past. Similarly, speakers can use "would rarely," "would occasionally" and "would seldom" to express the idea that an action was not often repeated.

Examples:

• Jerry would come to the parties every weekend.
  • Jerry would constantly bring his girlfriend to the parties.
  • Jerry would often bring his best friend to the parties.
  • Jerry would occasionally bring his older brother to the parties.
  • Jerry would seldom bring his sister to the parties.
  • Jerry would never bring his younger brother to the parties.

ACTIVE / PASSIVE

Examples:

• My mother would always make the pies. Active
  • The pies would always be made by my mother. Passive
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Correct Usage?

I will be studying English when you arrive tonight.
I am going to be studying English when you arrive tonight.
13 comments43 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

What a Site man. 😃

http://www.englishpage.com/

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anybody into blogging here? 

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  1 of 3
umangjhawar
@umangjhawar  ·  0 karma