Worst Ad of the Year 2007 - 2008

57 Posts  ·  39 Users
About this group
Hey All, As discussed in Ads You Hate After watching the nomination for Beauty Queen :wink: i.e Miss India, Miss World, Best Actor, Best Actress, etc :: :: So Now we are here to Nominate "Worst ad of the Year 2007-2008" :: :: ...
Page 1 of 6

Umm.. Did i see, the ibibo ad wins the race here! :shocked: Ibibi Balti ad deserved it :). Though i voted for zapak and i am one of the two person who contributed for the results in favor of zapak's ad !

Recently, having been close to Idiot box, while sitting at home, I have kept my eyes open for the fresh Ads. And yeah, true guys, TIME ad caught my attention to be filled into this category. :death:

The latest one, I found is "Dainik Bhaskar" ad lead by dhoni and enchanting "Zid karo"! It doesn't go well with my mind , don't know why! :neutral:

I would like to mention an ad on the counterpart, (Doesn't belong to this category/thread). SAHARA's Life Insurance Ad .. Gabbar, Kaliya-Walia, Samba-Wamba wala ad! How's it been!! :)

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Soooo worst ad on TV. There are so many.

I hate the TIME ad the most. IIM batch sitting for the first class - teacher asks who all are from TIME. Then she asks people to stand who are from TIME. Geez! Shoot me already.

Cheers.

p.s: PEPSI ads really suck. What the hell is youngistan? And drinking out of the can like that outta give you arthritis in your fingers!

I was about to mention it here. TIME ad sucks big TIME Then there Havells electrical accessories ad. Shock laga laga laga! Shock laga! And most moronic VIP underwear ad. Life mein kitna adjust karte hain. Shukar hai underwear to adjust nahi karni padti. VIP underwear Fit itna mast. No adjust.

Soooo worst ad on TV. There are so many.

I hate the TIME ad the most. IIM batch sitting for the first class - teacher asks who all are from TIME. Then she asks people to stand who are from TIME. Geez! Shoot me already.

Cheers.

p.s: PEPSI ads really suck. What the hell is youngistan? And drinking out of the can like that outta give you arthritis in your fingers!

I too agree with you. me too hate that advertisement, it looks too artificial you know...
That lady wears wig which is not proper also, it looks like wig, any one can make out. She comes in the train compartment as if she is going to kill that man who does not use colgate toothpaste

You know actually youngistan naam ki koi jagah hi nahi hai.:p Stupidity for sure is limitless in world. Same applies on ibibo ads. The problem with ibibo is they've made a moronic ad and they show it more frequently, that really irritates you.

Colgate with salt: A woman reporter jumps into railway compartment from nowhere with all her crew and saya "Kya app ke toothpaste mein namak hai?" Do Colgate people want to sell salt or toothpaste ?:o Once the lady finishes interaction with the guy she says chalo NEXT.

@nihit: Great job mate!
ohhh...the pole is in..sounds good man...

i wud vote for the sequel of youngistan ad...i think it wud require immense talent to make a ad worse than the youngistan one.......
go youngistan u deserve the title.....

I agree .. it's probably worst ad of the year

My vote is for the mud-slingng karizma ad.... mud flying everywhere but not a speck on hrithik's outfit...Tat takes some skill!!!
The mind&body;,heart&soul; comes a close-second....wat does that tag have in relation with VISA...absolute non-sense dey even show the silhoutte of pepl dey want us to believe as cricketers.

One honourable mention was an ad(don rember which bank) where the daughter of the family asks dad to get a new car,offers dad a cheque...dad says "itne sarae paisa??!!" daughter replies "don worry dad,full planing kiya hai" or sum words to that effect...then mom comes and asks whats hapening,dad says "car badi hogayi,aur beti bhi!!!" with a look of happiness that can be described as nothing but skin-tearing...:banghead:

the new ipl ad....
the one where there is a story of two boys mano and rajan...and they dont have a dad....in the whole ad the show that people ask their mother who is the dad of mano and ranjan....one day the mother is about to commit suicide when her children tell her that they have found who is their dad is...the next the show is a tv....written on it is ipl.... manoranjan ka baap.......

this ad is pathetic to say the least.....definitely one of the worst ad of the year if not the worst.....

cheers....

You know actually youngistan naam ki koi jagah hi nahi hai.:p Stupidity for sure is limitless in world. Same applies on ibibo ads. The problem with ibibo is they've made a moronic ad and they show it more frequently, that really irritates you.

Colgate with salt: A woman reporter jumps into railway compartment from nowhere with all her crew and saya "Kya app ke toothpaste mein namak hai?" Do Colgate people want to sell salt or toothpaste ?:o Once the lady finishes interaction with the guy she says chalo NEXT.

@nihit: Great job mate!

Hey,
The new Pepsi Ad in which MS Dhoni acts as Rajnikant....
That Ad is yuk!!!!!!
MIND IT!!

My vote goes to iBiBo ads, really a balti-chaap ad....
But i am surprised that "Amul Macho" ads dint qualify even for Nomination
They are really pathetic.......:2gunfire: