World Class Management From Welingkars

7 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hi, I came to know about the WCM programe. Here are the details: World Class Management The World Class Management (WCM) MBA offered by the Welingkar Institute of Management & Hamamatsu University is a 2 year full time International Prog...
Page 1 of 1

Why don't you folks visit the Welingkars website, instead of posting so many queries about the world-class program? Anyway, there's nothing new about it. It's been around for past 2 years or so. The reason for me not giving this program a second glance is that-- In addition to the program being world-class, even the total cost of the program is "WORLD CLASS". I'll just make a precis for you folks--

First year at Welingkars-- Rs. 4 lac
Second year at University of Hamamatsu-- Rs.3 lac
Hostel fees for first yr. at Welingkar-- Want to sweat it out in humid Mumbai --Rs. 30,000
Want some air-conditioned comfort-- Rs.45,000 (Similar price structure to a five-star hotel, where a got an option between A/c, non A/c.

Food, staying, etc. etc. for the one year spent at Hamamatsu (Japan)- Rs. 5 lac.

Please try to learn Japanese for the second yr. duration, otherwise you'll feel that you've landed on Mars.
Scores Accepted-- CAT, CET, MAT, ATMA
Scores preferred--GMAT, GRE

It is therefore advisable for folks having parents in the following fields to join this program (Cops, Lawyers, Politicians, bureaucrats, et all-- India is one of the most corrupt nations on this planet, so these fellas will obviously have the most moolah to afford this program). All the best.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hi
can sombody plz enlighten me more abt ths wcm prog????
thanks

hi i'm from delhi;
and wanted to know if the pgdbm program is good,
what are the placements and
how much over and above the tution fees will it cost me(hostel,food etc)any estimates are welcome pl hurry

thanks

hello...

I am not sure if Iam writing in the correct thread or not...

I got selected for the welingkar PGDe-B course 2004-2006 but it is for the banglore campus....

Iam supposed to give a confirmation before 10july...

I also have a job offer from Satyam Computer Services(14k per mon )...

wht should i do?????? welingkar or satyam...

plz do reply ur suggestions ASAP...

ashish ... the problem is no one has heard abt this WCM course ... im guessing this is the 1st batch ... welingkars is a decent institute for MMS ( CET ) ... as for other courses , not that good ... my opinion is try to find abt the WCM course on campus ... come down to welingkar n get ur doubts cleared before joining up... also try to find of this University of Hamamatsu online ... whats the ranking and facilities ... and then u may have a clear idea abt things ... all the best ...

HI PPL, PLZ POST UR VIEWS AS THE INTERVIEWS FOR WCM ARE APPROACHING

Hi,
I came to know about the WCM programe. Here are the details:
World Class Management

The World Class Management (WCM) MBA offered by the Welingkar Institute of Management & Hamamatsu University is a 2 year full time International Program.

In the first year of the program, the students undergo a number of foundation courses and general management courses including learning advanced Japanese. Apart from interacting with the industry and working with mentors, the students also undergo two months of summer training.

In the second year, the students study at the University of Hamamatsu, Japan. Hamamatsu is an industrial zone and houses world class companies such as Toyota, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha etc. Apart from taking courses at the University, they get hands-on experience by working in top-class companies. Emphasis is laid on all aspects of running a business including manufacturing, operations, finance, employee relations and marketing.

The students finally receive a Welingkar Hamamatsu Masters in World Class Management

Plz advice about it.
Would it be better than a general MBA from India from not so reputated college.
IF Anybody having any friend in Welingkars or like can amment on it

Regards