work or prepare???

6 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
hi friends i have been working in Hk for 13 months bu last week left my job and came back to india to prepare for cat... now should i take up a job in india or just prpare for CAT??? would not workin hamper my chance of converting a call??? or sho...
Page 1 of 1
ripple236 Says
hi friends i have been working in Hk for 13 months bu last week left my job and came back to india to prepare for cat... now should i take up a job in india or just prpare for CAT??? would not workin hamper my chance of converting a call??? or should i just concentrate on my prep??

Work ex people gives you advantage in GD/PI for 2 reasons:

1. As you have industry exposure, you know the culture, how things work, you tend to be more practical

2. Cracking CAT while working isnt easy as you have to take out time from your daily routine and weekends.

Hence, my advice to you to is to work and then crack CAT as it doesnt make your routine monotonous, and also, more importantly you have a job in had as a back up. Of course, final decision is upto you as you are the best judge of your abilities.

Have a look @:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2008-09cat-2008-links-25030119

All the best.
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I left my Job for CAT preparation .... Please do not do same ... Its my personal experience .... My Father is a CLASS one Govt . Officer ... But Still My experience is very bad with this world after leaving my Job ... Please join job and write all paper and apply to many college possible ...

ripple236 Says
hi friends i have been working in Hk for 13 months bu last week left my job and came back to india to prepare for cat... now should i take up a job in india or just prpare for CAT??? would not workin hamper my chance of converting a call??? or should i just concentrate on my prep??

the question is how desperate are u...

I think it depends from person to person some say its better to work and study that way u have more options.If u cant find time to study for even 2-3 hours and u are desperate to get into a B school this year.Then quitting the job is better an option .If u think u wanna give cat again next year then leaving ur job would be silly and in any case u wont have pressure on u this year.people have quit their jobs and got through and vice versa has also hapenned.So its entirely upto u !

cheers
two face

better to work and prepare...else its somewhat difficult to justify the reason why you were not working, in the sense the panelists might feel tat you are not capable of multitasking...Also if you are not working , then the pressure on you to actually perform is so high (coz u r stakes are high) , that it may end up doing more harm than good..Yes you do get quality time to study if you are not working ,but then Cat is not an exam that needs hours and hours of preparation ala IITJEE...2-3 hours of serious and committed preps and solving mocks should do the trick..Last and definitely not the least ,if you work then you have the freedom to apply to more number of institutes(lot of Moolah ) and hence a realistically better chance of converting a call...Ball is in your court now. 😁