WIPRO or CTS

10 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hi all, I am an 4 year experienced person working currently in Infy. Now, I got offers from Wipro and CTS. Both of same package. Please tell me which one is preferable? Thanks...
Page 1 of 1

Dont know if you are still looking for advice ...hope this post helps someone like you...

Not sure about the Associates - project role but from what i have seen with my friends in both the companies the career growth is more or less the same in terms of getting promotions...but CTS seems to have more on-site opportunities from what i have seen ...of course its all about luck when it comes to better on-site opportunities..
and as superchiku rightly said above i suggest you look for something big...i mean cos like capgemini,adp,csc,ibm,oracle,accenture etc ....you will see a different work enviroment from there unlike Indian It cos..I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with them...but working with the big cos broadens your perspective ..

btw...I have around 5 yrs of exp and working with one of the cos mentioned above ..good luck!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

In cognizant, the role given is of 'Associates - project'. Any one from Cognizant could elaborate on this role? I heard this cud be a module lead kind of role? Is this true?

How the work load would be?

Please post your replies...

Thanks friends for your replies...

Regarding the location of work, happened to be in chennai, in both comps...

Hi all,

I am an 4 year experienced person working currently in Infy. Now, I got offers from Wipro and CTS. Both of same package.

Please tell me which one is preferable?

Thanks...

Hi,

If you are asking this query to people on the public forum, then its more like a public poll to choose among those IT's.We can expect answers based on their personal opinion,unless a person who has a vast experience in all the three IT's.It is obvious that people tend to badmouth their own organization or other organization depending on their work and how capable are they.

You cannot make a right decision here, because some one may post that wipro has frequent team outings but infosys doesn't provide any.which contradicts!

They are the vast companies, A small portion of their cubicle doesn't decide upon the work culture.

If u are already in infy, and expecting a higher package in wipro or cts, then you can always jump.(If u are not planning to settle in IT)
But It requires 2-3 months to understand their culture and to settle down.

All the best.
Naga,

Moderators - If my post is not as per the rules of Pagalguy , kindly delete it. Thank you

Being a wiproite and knowing people from CTS i can list down few differences in work culture below.

Wipro - Tough work culture , most of the projects are development projects and if your project team size is big , expect to work hard. Frequency of team outings and other team building activities is very less.

CTS - On the other hand , being a US Organization , work culture is really good and it has a very chill environment. Team outings and parties are frequent.

Hmm only con with CTS is your location most probably would be Chennai. Buy , Hey i love Chennai , the only issue s the weather.

Thank you

Aravindan

I agree to Arvindan, CTS offers better work culture, but you should consider joining location before taking final descision.

Naga,

Moderators - If my post is not as per the rules of Pagalguy , kindly delete it. Thank you

Being a wiproite and knowing people from CTS i can list down few differences in work culture below.

Wipro - Tough work culture , most of the projects are development projects and if your project team size is big , expect to work hard. Frequency of team outings and other team building activities is very less.

CTS - On the other hand , being a US Organization , work culture is really good and it has a very chill environment. Team outings and parties are frequent.

Hmm only con with CTS is your location most probably would be Chennai. Buy , Hey i love Chennai , the only issue s the weather.

Thank you

Aravindan

As per my 27 months of experience in IT industry is concerned it doesnt matter which you company u join ... what matters is which project you get into and what kind of a person is going to be your manager and these things are completely on your luck..

So , go with ur gut feeling and hopefully your luck will give you the right opportunity

although this isnt the place to ask abt this...

but i say..why leave infy...see there is no point in buying another 150 cc bike if you already have 1...

the better option is going for a 200cc or more...so if u already in infi then why join another company of the same cadre...try for bigger companies like google or microsoft... i guess u have the experience to go for it...

besides infi..is a true software company,... its the better option among the 3

2011- IIM I , IIM S Converts : none 2012 - XLRI , IIMs Converts : none 2013- NM , SIBM , XL Converts : NM :D In a rat race .... there is always a start but never a finish...

None have any idea??

Hi all,

I am an 4 year experienced person working currently in Infy. Now, I got offers from Wipro and CTS. Both of same package.

Please tell me which one is preferable?

Thanks...