Why you want an MBA Degree?

6 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hi all, I'm starting this thread just to understand the reason behind your thirst for an MBA. First,introduce yourself.....state ur profile and then the reason. My Intro: Amit Electronics & Power Engineer-63 % 10th-62% 12th-64% ...
Page 1 of 1
don't close this thread......
this is w.r.t GMAT......it includes the flavor of 'foren'.

As Arun pointed out there are plethora of threads on the same topic....flavor of 'foren' or otherwise the content would be pretty much the same....:)
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

don't close this thread......
this is w.r.t GMAT......it includes the flavor of 'foren'.
Cheers
A

I had written about this on my blog sometime ago:

http://askpsycho.blogspot.com/2006/04/why-mba.html

BTW I would expect this thread to be closed because there are already a hazaar threads opened on the same topic elsewhere.

Arun

India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com

Hi ,

I started a similar thread cause i needed inputs on options after MBA.
So heres my intro
Nisha
Btech computer Science - 76%
12th - 83%
10th - 88%

I joined Btech CS cause it was the hottest field at the time - big bucks right out of college and the izzat of a software job.. But by the second semester i realized the field is not for me and started thinking of alternative options. I even wrote the CAT in my final year!:satisfie: But towards the 7th semester , the prospect of a job lured me , when all my batchmates were getting recruited right , left and centre. So i decided to give it a try and join the bandwagon.

Its been almost two years into IT and to be honest Ive had it with this work.

Now the tough part. Why I want to do an MBA?
Main reason - I feel that I have it in me - lots of initiative, drive and capacity to motivate people around me(at least thts wht my friends tell me:sarcasm:)
Ive always been into debates, elocutions ,organising events .. And I love taking on the responsibilty of handlling a team and thrill of getting things done.
Sorry if i sound like i'm blowing my own trumphet.. but frankly, these are all the experiences that I could draw from , when I started thinking "why MBA?":)

Which brings us to the next all important question? What after MBA? Marketing , Finance, Systems , International business?
The options are endless. And coming from a non business background, the best I can do is read up on all these fields and figure what exactly in management would fit me.. I'm still thinking it out...

Any suggestions/ideas ppl???

so no one knows why they want to do MBA?
lolz

:grab:

if u r visiting this thread then speak out something pls

Rgds
A

Hi all,
I'm starting this thread just to understand the reason behind your thirst for an MBA.
First,introduce yourself.....state ur profile and then the reason.

My Intro:
Amit
Electronics & Power Engineer-63 %
10th-62%
12th-64%
Exp:5.10 yrs with compamies like Dishnet,Reliance Infocomm....curently,working for a chinese company called ZTE and posted in China(Shenzhen).
My reason for doing an MBA?? well...still trying to figuring it out:) .