Which US B-Schools did you apply and why ?

1 Post  ·  1 User
About this group
Dear fellow PGs, As we wait for decisions/interview invites from schools, here is one way to distract our minds away : Most of us spent several hundred hours researching which US B-Schools were a good fit for us. It would be extremely us...
Page 1 of 1

Dear fellow PGs,

As we wait for decisions/interview invites from schools, here is one way to distract our minds away :

Most of us spent several hundred hours researching which US B-Schools were a good fit for us. It would be extremely useful for future PGs to see where we applied and why we found a fit for the schools we applied.

Note that this thread is only to find out where PGs tend to apply among US B-Schools. I am sure there will be separate threads that will follow to gather the admits/dings stats once admits come along.

So, with this back-ground, ask you all to reply to the threads with the following info (e.g. my profile).

Acads : Bachelors. Engg.....First class Distinction from Bangalore Univ
Exp : 5 yrs IT (3.5 yrs in US) Top Indian IT firm.
GMAT : 720 (Q-49,V-39)
Limited extra curriculars, but with long standing commitment.
Post-MBA plans : Product Management in Tech Company such as Google/Microsoft. Eventually start my own firm.

Schools Applied/Applying :
Carnegie Mellon (Tepper) - Strong tech focus, Carnegie Mellon Brand well-established
among tech circles and also in India.
Darden : Excellent general management program. Microsoft favourite. Ranked well in US
Top-20.
Haas - Berkeley - Dream school - Nestled in Silicon Valley. Top Ranked Entrepreneurship
specialty.
Michigan - Ross. - Recruiters favourite. Again lot of recruiting from Microsoft and Google.
Great alumni network which is helpful post-MBA.
Kellogg - Well-ranked program with active recruitment in Marketing and Tech companies.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...