Which is the Best City in India

37 Posts  ·  26 Users
About this group
Which city u guys think is best in India..the facilities, the oppurtunities, the infrastructure, the ambience, Security aspects and the kind of importance that it gets. All these (and ofcourse many more) sum up to define the QUALITY OF LIFE in a C...
Page 1 of 4

East or west delhi is the best !!!!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
I still believe the population is the real culprit. You cannot blame government for every damn things. Remember it is we who elect the governments. Tell me how many of us are responsible enough to go and VOTE during the elections. If we do not vote then how are we going to get a government of our choice. Poor people are lured to vote for corrupt guys (Thats the reason y they win). Every Indian should be responsible enough to go and vote.

The Government in India is elected by chance and not by choice, which is true for all political parties in our country. The Voter dosent have many choices, all the candidates have a criminal history {having money and being un-educated is a crime}, and it is perfectly okay for a poor citizen to get influenced by the money while dispatching his vote, he understands even he votes the opposition person, he wont get any better government, so why loosing free money :). In India in all general or state elections atleast 40% of voting is done, and I wonder what big difference will 70% of voting will do. {excluding the fact - I dont expect citizens over 65 years can be very frequent to cast vote}.

More over people of INDIA think as if their city is a DUST BIN. They spit, litter, throw waste. They do everything to make the city dirty. Just keeping your house clean will not do. How is it possible that people keep on making the city dirty and the government just keeps on cleaning it. A sense of belonging towards ur city, Country has to be there.

True, you cant change anyone's mindset, most of the people have the tendency to clean the place for themselves and leave the dirt for others, that animal culture - even animals do the same, clean the place where they sit {nothing against anyone, just to point that out}. However, the government has the power to impose fines, taxes and it can implement that forcefully, however they are not doing even the simple things which they are supposed to do.

Lets take a couple of examples of Mumbai - Bandra - Worli sea link is under-construction for so many years, and it is difficult to speculate that when the project will eventually be over. The flyover that connects IIT to L&T; is under contruction for like 3 years now, and even then 50% of works seems still pending. At this rate of infrastructure, we will surely be lagging behind developing countries, leave aside developed nations for the time being.

Government has no shortage of funds, our President got 200% hike, which outperformed Indira Noori hike, the highest paid CEO in India. And, when Sonia Gandhi visited Tirupati temple, the regional government spent 26 Cr for the arrangement. If government can sanction huge hike of the president who does nothing, and huge capital outflow for just arranging things for a women who is not even a minister, can surely help the infrastructure of atleast major cities!
Hello Puys, well, I think this thread should be taken in good spirit and not used to defame other cities. Me, being a person who knows Delhi, Mumbai and Pune pretty well, I'd like to comment on my hometown, Bangalore.

Someone got it spot on when he said the cities where IT exists will lose its cultural value. Bangalore is dense, but its growing. The core city going to expand to twice its size soon. Infosys, Wipro and almost every US Fortune 500 Company have their base here. Greenery is ample. The weather is great almost 10 months a year. Also it has come out from nowhere into the b-school map. Institutes like IIM-B, SIBM, NMIMS & Welingkar have campuses here. Super architectural malls and IT parks have made this place truely international in feel. It still is in the process of development, like every city in India is. It may have its problems mainly because of its density and growth stage, but I guess every city in India needs some balance and time to develop. Bangalore is no doubt one of the most welcoming, opportunity and growth driven cities in India. :)

Bangalore udoubtedly is one of the most important and growing cities of India. The IT infrastructure is huge there which provides thosands of jobs to the people.

But if u look at overall growth and charm then i guess no city comes close to Mumbai in India atleast. It may not have best of the infrastructers RIGHT NOW but surely this city has sooo much in it.. from bollywood to Financial Capital of India, foreign investment aompanies and banks are dieng to invest here. So much Power and Money is involved in this city.

All kinds of people from all over India come here such is the charm of the city. It has definately, the X Factor which no other city has.

I bet if all the infrastructural plans, which the city has been planning, get executed timely and efficiently, within next 5 years MUMBAI can become of the best cities in the WORLD.

Hello Puys, well, I think this thread should be taken in good spirit and not used to defame other cities. Me, being a person who knows Delhi, Mumbai and Pune pretty well, I'd like to comment on my hometown, Bangalore.

Someone got it spot on when he said the cities where IT exists will lose its cultural value. Bangalore is dense, but its growing. The core city going to expand to twice its size soon. Infosys, Wipro and almost every US Fortune 500 Company have their base here. Greenery is ample. The weather is great almost 10 months a year. Also it has come out from nowhere into the b-school map. Institutes like IIM-B, SIBM, NMIMS & Welingkar have campuses here. Super architectural malls and IT parks have made this place truely international in feel. It still is in the process of development, like every city in India is. It may have its problems mainly because of its density and growth stage, but I guess every city in India needs some balance and time to develop. Bangalore is no doubt one of the most welcoming, opportunity and growth driven cities in India. 😃

Probably not the population, may be poor planning is the reason we are lagging behind...however, since the discussion about the best city in India is on-going, Mumbai and Delhi are among the 25 dirtiest cities in the world while the four Indian metros and Bangalore are among the 20 densest cities, according to the Forbes magazine. Mumbai is ranked 7th dirtiest city in the world.

Poor planning on the part of Government makes us standing a leap behind these big developed nations, it is not rocket science that these big cities know. Japan is among the most dense places in the world, however they planned everything so well, and achieved so much even when the small country has more volcano eruptions than India!

Indian cities have to cover a long distance still to catch up with developed cities! Probably the Govt should think of growth rate of 12-13% or something close to China.

I still believe the population is the real culprit. You cannot blame government for every damn things. Remember it is we who elect the governments. Tell me how many of us are responsible enough to go and VOTE during the elections. If we do not vote then how are we going to get a government of our choice. Poor people are lured to vote for corrupt guys (Thats the reason y they win). Every Indian should be responsible enough to go and vote.

More over people of INDIA think as if their city is a DUST BIN. They spit, litter, throw waste. They do everything to make the city dirty. Just keeping your house clean will not do. How is it possible that people keep on making the city dirty and the government just keeps on cleaning it. A sense of belonging towards ur city, Country has to be there.
No matter which city we mention - Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chandigarh or watever...

The truth is that we are atleast a MILLION MILES behind our westen counterparts with respect to Infrastructure, Cleanliness, Standard of Living.. or watever. I guess its gonna take atleast 20 -25 years more for us to even touch their standards. The biggest reason for this delay is :- The great Indian Population.. just look at the way the poor ppl are living in India.
Strict actions need to be taken to put a check over this.

Probably not the population, may be poor planning is the reason we are lagging behind...however, since the discussion about the best city in India is on-going, Mumbai and Delhi are among the 25 dirtiest cities in the world while the four Indian metros and Bangalore are among the 20 densest cities, according to the Forbes magazine. Mumbai is ranked 7th dirtiest city in the world.

Poor planning on the part of Government makes us standing a leap behind these big developed nations, it is not rocket science that these big cities know. Japan is among the most dense places in the world, however they planned everything so well, and achieved so much even when the small country has more volcano eruptions than India!

Indian cities have to cover a long distance still to catch up with developed cities! Probably the Govt should think of growth rate of 12-13% or something close to China.

No matter which city we mention - Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chandigarh or watever...

The truth is that we are atleast a MILLION MILES behind our westen counterparts with respect to Infrastructure, Cleanliness, Standard of Living.. or watever. I guess its gonna take atleast 20 -25 years more for us to even touch their standards. The biggest reason for this delay is :- The great Indian Population.. just look at the way the poor ppl are living in India.
Strict actions need to be taken to put a check over this.

....!!!!

Dilli rocks... !

Dilli hai dil walo ke .. !!

PS- Delhi is my emotional home. I still dream of owning a home there. :2gunfire:

Hey guys...Its understandable that most of us feel that the city where we are staying is the best..However when you make a statement that city XYZ is best, please state a reason why you are saying so...Else it does look vary vague...Wat say??

"EAST OR WEST LUCKNOW IS THE BEST"