whether to persue MBA or CS

8 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
hi puys.. i am computer science engg.. i have appeared for CAT and planning to get into some institute hopefully in top 50 or so colleges.. one of my friends yesterday told me why you taking MBA, there is another course called CS in chennai w...
Page 1 of 1

hey, welcome to PG.

U have actually bumped into an old thread...See the post above u were made in 2008
As you are new to forum please check out below links to get familiar with it-
Visual guide- http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/pagalguy-visual-guide-version-2009-25040615/1554466

Search guide- http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/how-to-search-on-pagalguy-to-find-information-you-are-looking-for-25040724/1557219

For getting better response to your query, please continue here- http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670

@mods please close this thread.

I am a B.A(Pol. Sc.) Graduate and have done Software Engineering(2 years ) from NIIT. I am preparing for MBA right now and supposte to do it in 2012. During this one year i want to do any course . Will CS be good for me ??? Because i don't want to do MBA (IT). I want to do MBA finace or another one

Please Suggest me is CS good for me or not ................ if not what can be good for me????

Please reply i really need your answers.........:oops:
HR Professional, MBA - HR (2012), SBT CheerLeader 2011, PG Queen 2012 :blush:
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Can u also tell me the how the candidate pass CS......is thair any percentage like more than 50% are pass or any other way........

I am a B.A(Pol. Sc.) Graduate and have done Software Engineering(2 years ) from NIIT. I am preparing for MBA right now and supposte to do it in 2012. During this one year i want to do any course . Will CS be good for me ??? Because i don't want to do MBA (IT). I want to do MBA finace or another one

Please Suggest me is CS good for me or not ................ if not what can be good for me????

Please reply i really need your answers.........:oops:

that was a useful reply.. thanks..

so acc to u which one would u recommend? since i am an engineering student. i dont have any financial or business background. another thing is in MBA also there is so much to study right. so wut did u mean by "MBA u are sure to pass out but in CS until u pass the last module and finish the assistantship u r nobody". is it more difficult or is the competition more harder. rest of the things are clear but i wud like to know what u recommend...

since you are an engineer i would say you should go for an MBA rather than a cs...first it will take a lot more time to pass cs since the pass rate is very less even if you complete all your assintanships....and secondly cs is best suited for an law graduate so you will not get preference over a law graduate for any particular job..
CS normally means company sectretary, Chennai may have a chapter of ICSI( ICSI: The Institute of Company Secretaries of India > Home) but as such it is an all india level course just like cost/chartered acoountancy or the actuaries

CS is prime requirement for a person to become a company secretary.
CS people handle the whole legal and financial ambit of the company,they take part in M&As;,etc.

the main difference between CS and MBA is that MBA is just a holistic learning of the concepts whereas CS is hardcore.

both lines are different one has to be very determined if he wants to complete the modules and the internship compkletely...competition is fierce.
In MBA u are sure to pass out but in CS until u pass the last module and finish the assistantship u r nobody...and if u pass it successfully..then HMMM. sky is the limit.

one should never compare an MBA with CS/CA...they are worlds apart
with the latter being very nich areas

that was a useful reply.. thanks..

so acc to u which one would u recommend? since i am an engineering student. i dont have any financial or business background. another thing is in MBA also there is so much to study right. so wut did u mean by "MBA u are sure to pass out but in CS until u pass the last module and finish the assistantship u r nobody". is it more difficult or is the competition more harder. rest of the things are clear but i wud like to know what u recommend...
hi puys..

i am computer science engg.. i have appeared for CAT and planning to get into some institute hopefully in top 50 or so colleges.. one of my friends yesterday told me why you taking MBA, there is another course called CS in chennai which is very good especially after engineering. is this true? CS is a course and not a degree i know. i want to know ur opinion. or can i do MBA and CS together? is that possible. he also told me CS course is very tough so i think doing together will not work.. or should i forget CS altogether?

please guide me..

thank you..

CS normally means company sectretary, Chennai may have a chapter of ICSI( ICSI: The Institute of Company Secretaries of India > Home) but as such it is an all india level course just like cost/chartered acoountancy or the actuaries

CS is prime requirement for a person to become a company secretary.
CS people handle the whole legal and financial ambit of the company,they take part in M&As;,etc.

the main difference between CS and MBA is that MBA is just a holistic learning of the concepts whereas CS is hardcore.

both lines are different one has to be very determined if he wants to complete the modules and the internship compkletely...competition is fierce.
In MBA u are sure to pass out but in CS until u pass the last module and finish the assistantship u r nobody...and if u pass it successfully..then HMMM. sky is the limit.

one should never compare an MBA with CS/CA...they are worlds apart
with the latter being very nich areas
MBA, B.Tech, CAIIB
hi puys..

i am computer science engg.. i have appeared for CAT and planning to get into some institute hopefully in top 50 or so colleges.. one of my friends yesterday told me why you taking MBA, there is another course called CS in chennai which is very good especially after engineering. is this true? CS is a course and not a degree i know. i want to know ur opinion. or can i do MBA and CS together? is that possible. he also told me CS course is very tough so i think doing together will not work.. or should i forget CS altogether?

please guide me..

thank you..

what do you mean by CS in chennai and which CS are you talking about....the CS which I (and hopefully most of us knows) is company secretary...which can be done anytime after 12th....

hi puys..

please guide me..

thank you..