When would you call youself "Succesful" ?

33 Posts  ·  23 Users
About this group
Ack :: Fruit of ShoutBox When would you call yourself "successful" ? Answers post karo Junta.
Page 1 of 4

hi friends,
the day when i'm full of success from head to toe i'll be succesful. many people seem to have fairly well-defined targets - a million dollars,moderator on pg.com, parents living till 140;
i pose a new question to u guys , when will you call yourself unsuccesful?
for me ,when i lose to anna kournikova in chess(no not tennis) i would feel really unsuccesful,defeated,deflated,tired,vanquished,........................

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

the day i can fulfill all the wishes of my parents and my siblings will be the most successful day in my life..........

i would like to bring the day early enough...

a nice li'l thoughtful article guys......

http://www.fastcompany.com/online/66/mylife.html

go thru it if u hv time n inclination

of course, i wud luv to die a bachelor.

er...do I see a contradiction here with your intro post ?

the freak

oops.... but i stick to my new oath. me abachelor till eternity. no intelligent wife n spoilt kids ne more :)
ahem.... no man is perfect 😁

er...do I see a contradiction here with your intro post ?

the freak

Not only him....all of us are.Who knows,u might get some followers here!

A great loss to Indian Industry : FICCI President

"Dr. Sameer Joshi.......... "Definitely the most eligile bachelor to have walked the corporate world".

-Reuters.

P.S.2 : Sameer ... You wanna die unmarried :shock: or have I misunderstood what u wrote ..?

i hav a 'funda of life' behind this.if u r interested in knowing, tell me. i wud only be glad to elucidate.

"Dr. Sameer Joshi, founder and CEO, MARS Inc., breathed his last, in sleep, in the early hours of this morning at his B'lore palatial residence.He was 90.....He is survived by his parents.....

That will be success for me.

Greater success for your parents

very true... hats off to my parents if they can live for 140 plus...
but i see my success in tht.

after all, wht is ageing... its jus a mental process.

when ppl feel they had enuf of this world they plan to retire, once for all.

now i feel its my moral obligation to see to it tht my parents DO NOT feel tht way. their living till my time is up only indicates tht i SUCCEEDED.

u might ask, why then did i die at 90?..well, tht is bad luck 😃
More

well... if i can keep that smile on the face of my loved ones (my mother, wife and my kids) i am successful.. the moment i lose this great piece of wisdom, i am doomed!!!

take care
roy

"Dr. Sameer Joshi, founder and CEO, MARS Inc., breathed his last, in sleep, in the early hours of this morning at his B'lore palatial residence.He was 90. Known for his business and finance acumen world over, his elevation in position and stature up the Indian corporate ladder, is a household story in India. His perseverence, doggedness and shrewdness knew no bounds and inspired many a million young and enthusiastic talents.
Ranked among the all time great and highly influential IIT-IIM alumni........ (the in-between reality show has to be scripted yet...I'll let ye ppl know sometime later.For now, please adjust with the climax)..... A whopping $4.5 billion personal wealth estimation, talks in length of his oft quoted motto in life, "Money and power to influence, matter the most to me". His critically acclaimed "Kick Arse: The know how of survival", dealing with strategies for survival at the helm of organisational affairs, is recognised as the Bible of Strategic Management, the in-thing for business administration aspirants.
He is survived by his parents,a sister and her two daughters( I'll be their God father).
Dr.A( this lady will be the one whom I admired and respected the most at IIT), once said about this great man, "Definitely the most eligile bachelor to have walked the corporate world".

-Reuters.

interesting .. that reminds me of a Qn somebody asked me once ..

How would you like your obituary to be written .... ?

Dunno whether this is relevant in this success thread but is again abt going forward & thinking back .. Just try n write one for urselves... but dont try too hard..

P.S.1 : me havent been able to write one ..
P.S.2 : Sameer ... You wanna die unmarried :shock: or have I misunderstood what u wrote ..?
More