When to start for Essays, References and Application process

4 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
Hello Friends, I am planning to take my GMAT in December this year and apply for a Bschool whose First Deadline is in March Last week (INSEAD Jan 2008 ). How much time would it generally take to prepare for the applications? Since takin...
Page 1 of 1

Thanks tehcalvin for your response.

I guess I have to make it good in December GMAT. If I have to start my MBA in Jan 2008 atleast.

thanks and regards,
Nikhil

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Forgot to add in point (2):

Make sure you contact your referrees (or people who're going to write your recommendations) well in advance. Talk to them, explain, etc. etc. etc., and then give them ample time (1 - 2 months) to write your evaluations, if possible.

Is that the only school you want to focus on? No others? Sure? :)

I recommend:

1. 10-20 days to first research on schools, see if you really know your goals (if you already do, good!), and which schools can help you achieve them. This will also tell you what score you need to aim at in GMAT.

2. Start GMAT Prep. Take diagnostic tests and assess your level. This should govern the time you have to take your GMAT. It could be Decemeber, or it could even be February.

3. If you're taking GMAT in Decemeber, feel free to just continue doing point 1 a little side-by-side, and don't worry about apps. However, if its in January or February, then you should start researching and working on your apps side-by-side with GMAT (NOTE: This is only my opinion -- you need to figure out what fits you best).

Hello Friends,

I am planning to take my GMAT in December this year and apply for a Bschool whose First Deadline is in March Last week (INSEAD Jan 2008 ).

How much time would it generally take to prepare for the applications? Since taking GMAT is also a big task, I was thinking of concentrating on GMAT ONLY first, till december and then once GMAT is through, I will have about 2-3 months to prepare for essays, references and transcripts. Would that be correct plan? Or do I have to start on my application process now it self ?

Please guide!!

Thanks and regards,
Nikhil