Whats your resolution ???

13 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
As per Wikipedia definition A *New Year's resolution* is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. With new year around I think it would ...
Page 1 of 2
Dont consider this as a ritual .. Rather consider it as perfect opportunity to begin something good in your life or end something bad. If you really want to change something in oneself then this resolution wont look like a burden.. One can look this way also-- For ex one vowed to not to get drunk(though i never wud do that) but even when he cant fully followed it but there is always a very high chance that because of his resolution there definitely would be quite a decrease in his intake.. so slowly & slowly he may get rid of alcohol permanently..
This is all funda part.. Rest is upto each individuals..

Cheers

brother, well said
resolutions themselves are good things and give a direction to a person's life.

What i had commented on, is the practice of resolutions at new year.
I have nothing against people who make it. Infact it makes a good conversation to enquire about new year resoultion of friends.

Dont draw me into the debate. This is similar to debates surrounding V-day, Santa, friendship Day, etc.

You like it then do it, be benifited from it, if you can stick to it.

As far as I am concerned I wont wait for a whole 52 weeks to take a resolution to change a habit or about anything that I believe in.

Cheers! 😃
MBA, B.Tech, CAIIB
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
I have realised one thing that the hype of everybody taking resolutions is just a ritual to welcome the new year. :D

So I didnt make any :)

Dont consider this as a ritual .. Rather consider it as perfect opportunity to begin something good in your life or end something bad. If you really want to change something in oneself then this resolution wont look like a burden.. One can look this way also-- For ex one vowed to not to get drunk(though i never wud do that) but even when he cant fully followed it but there is always a very high chance that because of his resolution there definitely would be quite a decrease in his intake.. so slowly & slowly he may get rid of alcohol permanently..
This is all funda part.. Rest is upto each individuals..

Cheers

I have realised one thing that the hype of everybody taking resolutions is just a ritual to welcome the new year. :D

So I didnt make any 😃

MBA, B.Tech, CAIIB

Not to have any resolution, as I never follow any

My resolution is to enjoy whatever i do without cribbing and instead of running from them facing them HEAD ON .

1) Become a health freak. :)
2) Join MBA
3) Be sincere and serious with study and will starve for high GPA.
4) Get involved with some outdoor game again.( Either swimming / tennis ).

New Year Resolutions.......have made every year, but never followed any till now.
So I stopped making any "New Year" Resolutions.
It will only be the day, I will be out of this IT industry and move to an MBA school, I will make a resolution of not coming back again to an IT industry as a lower rank person. That day is gonna be my New Year.

Wow.. those are great ones.. keep posting puys

Dreams I have for this year

will get into mba college

will tell my manager, i quit
will learn guitar

will go jogging everyday

will read a novel a month

will play one outdoor game daily

will join teach india

will be sincere in studies

will propose a girl

bas itna sa khwaab hai

PDT'10, Converts: VGSoM, SIBM-P, Mark2Market Magazine : http://bit.ly/Rfi85i
Nice topic :

the immediate ones that come to my mind are :

1> Learn a new language ( french or spanish )
2> Learn to play a musical instrument
3> Get into the long-lost habit of reading books , instead of being glued to my desktop.
4> Hit the Gym.
5> Repair my old bicycle and hop on it.
6> Try to give back something to the society ( haven't planned it how, but the wish is there)
7> Will not keep my desktop switched on 24x7 when I'm at home.
8> Try to make some time for a few trips here and there.

And most importantly:

Quit my current project, cos it's making me dumb day by day.

That's it for now, pretty random and pretty achievable. Lets see how I can manage them in 2010.

Hey dude... EXACTLY the same ones in my list!!:wow::wow: :w00t: :cheerio: :shock: Especially 1,3,6 and 8... 2 and 5 in the back of my mind and thought about this year, but was not in my resolutions list till yesterday... I was having last minute thinking on what all I missed doing this year and just added those yesterday!! 4th point alone I don't have in my list..

And the last one is exactly what I've been thinking to discuss with my manager on Jan 4th, the first working day of the new year!!

Man!! This is called coincidence... 😁
You can DO/KNOW anything, but not everything!!