What's the change you are going to bring today

59 Posts  ·  44 Users
About this group
As the title says, " What's the change you are going to bring today?" This has been going on in my head for a long time.The reason behind starting this thread are few posts on Quota thread, which talked about RDB kind of reaction and looking ...
Page 1 of 6

Also, i know of an organization wherein they keep a record of how much food was wasted the previous day n display it in the canteen. This has helped people realize how much food they take and do not eat leading to wastage. And it has evetually decreased over a period of time. People take as much as they need now.
Shivani

I have seen the same thing in the IIT hostels too. They have this 'Waste-O-meter' where after eating you have to put the food you have left in your plate. Of course, this has made the IITians more aware and responsible.

I feel such a thing can be started in the corporate world too... Will go a long way in reducing the Food Wastage...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Whenever i go to the market to buy something, i make it a point to carry my bag along so that i dont have to take extra polybags from shopkeepers with every article i buy. If something can be kept in the bag without it, its good. Since i do this everytime, some of friends have also started doing it. Even though we are not large in number, but each one counts.

Also, i know of an organization wherein they keep a record of how much food was wasted the previous day n display it in the canteen. This has helped people realize how much food they take and do not eat leading to wastage. And it has evetually decreased over a period of time. People take as much as they need now.

Shivani

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have decided to never throw rubbish on street.if possible I would take any waste material back to my home and throw it in bin or look for nearby bin at street and make use of it.
I think its very easy to implement this resolution and it can make big difference if most of us abide by that.Sanitation is really big concern for our cities.

Regards

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I will make sure that the prints i take at office or any other place are printed on both sides.

I notice a lot of ppl at work who take large number of prints of study material for certifications,etc which are printed on one side only.

Guys, you just need to check one property b4 sending the doc for print, and the harm u do the environment is reduced by half.:cheerio:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

agree with the_egonomist ...

Thinking of a solution for a problem is fine but crossing over the line
and worrying about it is a waste.
As cliched, there is a very fine line and I personally would underdo it rather than overdoing it.

30 mins or so in a day are definitely required.. and I use it for doing anything I am passionate about.

No brooding/dwelling etc for me..
I'd go to a game/gym/music to beat the stress and then carry on with the work.

Again, as egonomist said.. u need to figure it out for yourself..

~Nitin

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@rohanrun

I for one believe in constructive introspection. Ideally you should focus on the positives. Introspection is only as good as it helps you. I have many people who dwell too much on what goes wrong and what mistakes they made.

Frankly, everyone has a way of dealing with how their day went. For some it could be introspecting by meditating, exercising, therapeutic activities like writing, drawing etc.

For you, you have to figure out what suits you best.

Success can only be achieved through repeated failure and introspection.
- Soichiro Honda.

Cheers.

p.s: Hope it helps.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

giving time 2 oneself means knowing oneself...ones u know urself u can decide priorities in life along wid what exactly u want ...it do involves a kind of introspection..wat u did 2day? y? how can u improve upon? wat r my goals? is dere sumthng i had done 2 day 2 achieve dem?....ppl hardly realize dere true poytential n dere trueself.....go n explore ur self.....each day u will meet a new person wid in u.....well i feel so...dnt know d case of others

Toughest thng in life is to be urself

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
pankajjudge Says
2day onwards i will give time to myself....in this mechanical world i think or better 2 say i feel that one shud give time 2 himself...dere is lot to discover abt one self......i will spend atleast 15 min daily wid myself......

Just want to get a bit of clarity on what should one do in taking out 15 min of her/his time for oneself. Should it be on introspecting on things one accomplished in a day, the bad things one did in a day, etc.

Want to know what other do.
Usually i do such things when i am not satisfied or upset with myself and most of time i think of way i could have avoided such predicament.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi frend

i'm in pune now, actuallly i willing to donate my blood but i don't know which hospital is reliablle t o donate.
i donated two year back.
can u suggstt me
thanx

You can donate at Lokmanya Hospital. Its on FC Road near Chaitanya. There is a T-junction. You will be able to figure it out. The road leading up to the hospital is bang opposite a temple.

Also, I think all hospitals would be willing to take blood.

Cheers.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Whenever I am in public place where my cell's ringing can disturb others, I make it sure that my cell is in vibration mode. It's very irritating to have to hear someone's cell ringing

One more thing I do is that I always convince and take at least one of my friends with me when I go to donate blood. I have always been successful in doing so. And I believe it's a good way to spread the message.

Hi frend

i'm in pune now, actuallly i willing to donate my blood but i don't know which hospital is reliablle t o donate.
i donated two year back.
can u suggstt me
thanx
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...