What to expect @ ISB and after ISB

Indian School of Business (ISB) is one of the most prestigious global management institutes and is naturally one of the top choices for most of the MBA applicants. However, students applying to ISB sometimes do not have a clear picture of life a...
19 Posts  ·  338 Users
Page 1 of 1
Hi. I graduated from NIFT in B. F. Tech (Technical course akin to engineering in textiles and garments). Then I made a career shift and took up a job as PO at Allahabad bank where I worked for 11 months before I got selected as an Assistant Sectio...
Read more...
  •  
Load more comments 2 of 7
kritisrivastava
@kritisrivastava @kritisrivastava  ·  3 months ago

That's a great profile. Sorry I'm not the best person to ask for mba colleges. Novice myself

•  
Prayag_Raj
Prayag Tripathi @Prayag_Raj  ·  3 months ago

Your profile is interesting, makes you eligible for best consulting schools globally, provided you get a good GMAT score and interesting SOP.

For details, https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/virtual-office-of-edvisory-5569982819729408

•  
undefined
Write a comment...

I have a 4+ years IT experience and I have a gap in my resume for 3 years after that due to personal reasons. Does it make sense to apply in ISB? Or the gap already makes me an unsuitable candidate? Please advice. 

•  
undefined
Write a comment...
Hi everyone! I am a marine engineer.. will be spending the next year at Mohali. Seeing my seniors who have been to ISB and other people from the merchant navy, as well as from some research I did, I realise that Operations is the best and perhaps ...
Read more...
  •  
shyamnambiar
Shyam Nambiar @shyamnambiar  ISB Hyderabad  ·  2 years ago

Bad Acads in college is a definite disqualifier for any of the top Consulting companies . You would do well to focus on a decent grade at ISB and focus and Ops, Supply Chain and GM roles , as also leadership programmes.

•  
undefined
Write a comment...

My name is Ashish Kakkar I have done MBA from NMIMS (Pharmaceutical Management) and i have 3 years of experience in Pharmaceutical Marketing i want to do an Executive MBA so that my sector is not restricted to only pharma and i get high pay pack... 

•  
AbhishekNCU
@AbhishekNCU @AbhishekNCU  ·  2 years ago
@jaigurudev1234    Hello Ashish,   My name Abhishek and I am a founding batch student at Center for Leadership, The NorthCap University.  Just like you I had a lot of work experience when I was looking for an MBA college. One of the things that ...
Read more...
  •  
undefined
Write a comment...

Hi all, I am an alumnus of ISB and an education consultant. Do feel free to contact me if you have any query.

•  
Load more comments 2 of 4
shyamnambiar
Shyam Nambiar @shyamnambiar  ISB Hyderabad  ·  1 year ago
You could look at a 1-year MBA from IIM/ISB, provided you can get a good GMAT score and then make a stand out application with the remaining components. Alternatively you could do a distance programme, weekend programme or other form of Executive ...
Read more...
  •  
DhritiAhluwalia
@DhritiAhluwalia @DhritiAhluwalia  ·  11 months ago

Hey. I am working in the education sector. I have worked with MHRD and Haryana government through 2 different NGOs. Wanted to know more about opportunities available post PGP at ISB. How do I get in touch with you?

•  
undefined
Write a comment...

Hi... What else is ISB known for other than Consulting ? I will be having an work-ex of 4 years in Project management (Software) & Requirements Analyst from an Automotive Company. What could be various career options post-ISB ?

The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.

•  
Load more comments 2 of 4
cattocat
catto cat @cattocat  IIM Lucknow  ·  2 years ago

Thanks @shyamnambiar sir It is almost a year now I applied for R1, got interviewed and was also rejected ! But the journey was great ..

•  
designerlovey
Lavee Gorakhpuriya @designerlovey  ·  1 year ago
 I am Lavee G. I need counseling for Mba.. As I am working professional having more than 6.5 year's of experience. I am totally IT technical (UI developer)but now I want to go for management with my experience.. Should I need to appear GMAT than a...
Read more...
  •  
undefined
Write a comment...
Guys i will be applying for next year. I am yet to give Gmat , please help in evaluating my profile and the pitfalls...  School-Many debate and declamation certificates ...............10th-81.2% 12th-73% Btech-73.4%.. Btech- 4 years fest regist...
Read more...

pulsarboy 
shyamnambiar
Shyam Nambiar @shyamnambiar  ISB Hyderabad  ·  2 years ago

Pretty decent profile . Focus on gmat score of 720+.

•  
undefined
Write a comment...

Hi guys. Would really appreciate it if anybody can talk about the what to expect at ISB and after ISB. I mean that is why this forum was started right ?

•  
undefined
Write a comment...
I work as a Manager at Tata Steel. Joined in July 2011 and have earned a fair amount of experience in operations and project management. Score a 720 on my GMAT with a aw/ir score of 5/7. How do i go about my applications for ISB for the class of 2...
Read more...
Load more comments 2 of 3
SaileshM
Sailesh Mishra @SaileshM  ·  3 years ago

I received my interview call today for Kolkata round 2.... any tips for preparation?

•  
himanshu.3333
rahul ritwik @himanshu.3333  ·  3 years ago

@SaileshM hey so you got converted

•  
undefined
Write a comment...

I have 6yr IT experience in 3 reputed MNCs...after that 3 years gap due to personal reason...does it make any sense if i try for ISB through gmat? or my fate has already been sealed, will appreciate honest advice.

undefined
Write a comment...