What To Do When You First Decide To Study For The GMAT

105 Posts  ·  52 Users
About this group
Hi everyone, I've been getting a lot of messages from people who are just beginning to study for the GMAT asking me what the first steps they should take are. I thought the following might help those who are just beginning to study for the GM...
Page 1 of 11

Hi Anurag,
Thanks very useful post.Can you tell me which book is good to brush-up basic maths skill and can provide with good problem-solving tricks.?

Regards,
Ram.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi..
i m working with Kirloskar Oil Engines as a Trainee since last AUGUST .
will complete training on july 31st and work as confirmed employeee from augst 1st.
I want to write GMAT and do my mba in supply chain management.
Want to start it by next august 2012.
wen should i write the test and start applying for universities.???

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

That was really helpful. Is TOEFL and other exams also necessary for doing MBA abroad ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am an MBA aspirant and have 4yrs exp in manufacturing and power sector and serious about my preparation for GMAT ,but i need guidance and help .
1.when should i go for GMAT test ?As its already been mid of June 2011.
2. I have not yet started by prep.
3. Where should i get the prep material and what are the prep material should i go for.
4. Since the prep books are costly were should i get the second hand books.
5. I am stationed in a remote location so i am unable to go to study center ,so how should I prepare online are any valuable sites are available.
kindly help

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Ahneesh Says
Hi Anurag. Sorry for the late respose. Just returned from a longgg vacation. Yes i did retake the GMAT on 3rd dec. Scored 720 this time round. 49 in quants and 40 in verbal. Guess i am done with gmat for now :)

Congrats Dude! :cheerio:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

:cheerio:Hi Ahneesh... Congratsss Bro

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Anurag. Sorry for the late respose. Just returned from a longgg vacation. Yes i did retake the GMAT on 3rd dec. Scored 720 this time round. 49 in quants and 40 in verbal. Guess i am done with gmat for now 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Anurag. I've decided to study for the GMAT and will be taking it around June-July next year.

1. So how do you think I should start? Shall I download the GMAT prep from mba.com and take the two tests it offers? Will, by doing that, I not be wasting the GMATPrep tests which I could of course use during the last leg of my preparation i.e. just before taking the GMAT?

2. Could you please give me a list of material/books I should target to study in the next six months given that I have enough time to study.

Regards.

@Sahni: Don't worry about that BRO you can give the Prep tests again and again. All you need to do is uninstall and download again the s/f then install again and take the exams any number of times

All the best for your GMAT journey
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Anurag. I've decided to study for the GMAT and will be taking it around June-July next year.

1. So how do you think I should start? Shall I download the GMAT prep from mba.com and take the two tests it offers? Will, by doing that, I not be wasting the GMATPrep tests which I could of course use during the last leg of my preparation i.e. just before taking the GMAT?

2. Could you please give me a list of material/books I should target to study in the next six months given that I have enough time to study.

Regards.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Ahneesh,

Have you retaken the GMAT test yet?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...