What if u r in R&D;?

6 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hi All what is ones position (in the interview) if he has been woring in R&D;.
Page 1 of 1

hey,
i was working in an R&D; organization .. GE to be precise ... was quizzed a lot abt it only in IIMB interview ..
they wud like to know in that case is why u want to shift .. secondly they wud expect u to be very conversant with what you have been doing and strong on fundas .. lastly they wud also see if u know the business details abt the kind of projects u have been doing ..

more than that i think it doesnt much matter if u have been in R&D; .. B guys actually spent some time trying to convince me that since technology drives many a company .. its the more challenging field to be in .. then I said I feel tht personally I am more suited to management .. to which they asked if I was not doing well in technical .. and then u have to tell them what greast job u have been doing ..
hope that helps ..

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

if u have been R n D , it's a good thing ... u really need to sit down n think abt is WHY THE SWITCH ( to management ) cause ur interview will really be based on this point ... also be prepared with what u did in ur R n D , the latest stuff in ur field and and how ur work in R n D will help u in any way in MBA

Hi All
what is ones position (in the interview) if he has been woring in R&D.;

well i guess may be same as others ..
only panel may as kreason to shift from R&D; side to management side
and roles of researchers and managers in ur comapny etc

be prepared for such queestions
and general awareness
ho gaya thts it re

and all the best for future

regds

hi:

work ex. in R&D; speaks volumes about the candidate... it requires patience, diligence, a strong determination and an inquisitive frame of mind, to name a few... and these would definitely be mapped to the qualities imperative for success anywhere... and the panel is bound to look at it very much from the positive side... of course, your company matters too...

regards
rp

Sundeep yaar...

whether one is in R&D;, or not... on the D-day... all depends on your performance, your attitude, and your ability.... just make sure you are well versed with your field.. and can handle all the bouncers coming from the panel

Hi All
what is ones position (in the interview) if he has been woring in R&D;.