What exactly to aim for - Planning well

3 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi guys, I am very new to this game of MBA prep. from what i could gather, even after decent score we may or may not get call from a particular college. Reason, past academics, profile etc. Scores, we can aim for. there is room for tryi...
Page 1 of 1

Can some senior/experienced please help here ?
it would be better to know what i need and can aim for :-\

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I fall under

Academics : 4
Profile : 6

What is the kind of score i would need to make it to IIMS, XLRI, and other big name colleges.
I am not even aware of all the names
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi guys,

I am very new to this game of MBA prep.
from what i could gather, even after decent score we may or may not get call from a particular college. Reason, past academics, profile etc.
Scores, we can aim for. there is room for trying.
Past academics we cannot. profile there is still a very slim chance to improve it a little before exams.
So instead of blindly starting preparing for this year. why not first discuss the weightage given to every factor ,
Know where our chances would be more with our given record. and thus prepare more specifically for that.
For eg if XLRI is not giving any weightage to profile, only XAT scores.
And IIMs are giving weightage to both of them,
ppl having an avg profile would have better chances of cracking XLRI by preparing for XAT,
than blindly slogging through for CAT which you might not convert even after getting 99+ percentile.
So rather than working on castle in the air,
let us discuss first on what we have, and what we need more to make it to a decent college
For this we can break past academics in 5 categories (Avg of 10th , 12th , aggregate )

Category 1 : 95+
Category 2 : 90+
Category 3 : 85+
Category 4 : 80+
Category 5 : 75+
Also mention board of your school/college

Profile can be categorized into

Category 1 : International level
Category 2 : National level
Category 3 : District/state level
Category 4 : Some thing distinctive like a business startup , assosciation in sme business/social activites etc.
Category 5 : college/school level Distinction
Category 6 : Participation in various activities

Keeping in mind 5x6= 30+ combinations we would fall under.
Which college do we have a better chance to convert , and with what kind of score.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...