Wharton Class of 2014

20 Posts  ·  24 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, Thought would kick off the wharton class of 2014 entering 2012 am in for R1 and applying only to wharton and maybe London BS ( not sure ) A little about me , induced with a bit of modesty: M/25 at matric/3 years at a very u...
Page 1 of 2

Hello everyone!

Wharton R1 admit. Wondering if anyone here is a current student or an admit for Co2015? Could not locate a Wharton Co2015 thread

Looking forward to connect!

|| Applied: Columbia, INSEAD, Wharton, ISB, IIM-B/C || Converts: Wharton, ISB || Awaited: IIM-C ||
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

I am Vikram from Mumbai,India .
I was wondering what you thought of my chances of getting into my target schools: Harvard,Wharton, Stanford or Booth based on my stats:

I am an Indian male 26 years old
GMAT- 730
MBA-Finance(2011) : 3.0/4.0
B.E (IT)(2009) : 62%
XII (2005) : 71%
X (2003) : 78%
CFA Level III Candidate.
Extra curriculum activities : Mountaineering, Field Sports, Have a started a NGO , which is into Education and Family upliftment. NGO has impacted life of more than 100 people in India since its inception in 2009.
Letter of Recommendations from 3 CFOs of Large Corporates are expected.

Work Experience: 3 Yrs in Leading Financial Services Company with a focus on Debt/Mezzanine funding.Part of Credit Appraisal team.

Do you think i am strong candidate for these schools,given the fact this is my second MBA attempt within 2 years of passing out from the first one.

Thanks
Vikram

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
TazzyrWaksTer Says
What does Wharton Consider while accepting a candidate other than his GMAT score? Lemme put it this way... The Candidate profile for entry to Wharton.

Pretty broad question. However, it's important to start broad. Start here:

Do You Have What It Takes To Get Into A Great School? | Poets and Quants

Not Wharton specific (don't believe Wharton is unique that way either), but is a good starting point.

Adiyogi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What does Wharton Consider while accepting a candidate other than his GMAT score? Lemme put it this way... The Candidate profile for entry to Wharton.

"You are born with nothing but die with a Name. That Name must not be a word, it must be History."
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

660 is too low. Even for a military candidate. Re-take would be my modest advice.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
My Profile:
Work:2.5 yrs work ex as Project Engineer in Power Sector.
GMAT: Score: 760
Acads: Good.
EC: Not much.

Nice to see some good profiles...:)
wanted to get some inputs on my profile...
BE from u'sity of Pune 70%
good acads with U'sity top 10 ranking for the lasr three years..
scholarship in engineeerirng...
7 years service in Indian Navy...
3.5 years in corporate..
currently in strategy and JV manageemnt..
good EC- Mountaineering ( two expditions in siachen), Rock climbing, Marathon running, Roatry club activities..
flip side- GMAT 660/5.0:-(

applied to LBS, cambridge and oxford but got a reject...
waiting for interview result of Queens..
interview for Manchester in Jan..
wanted to consider Wharton.. bit ambitous..
any views....

swapd78
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My Profile:
Work:2.5 yrs work ex as Project Engineer in Power Sector.
GMAT: Score: 760
Acads: Good.
EC: Not much.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
zynclyr Says
Hi I am a R2 applicant. This space has been awfully quiet for sometime... wondering if anyone got an interview with Wharton?

Dude, what's your profile? TIA 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi I am a R2 applicant. This space has been awfully quiet for sometime... wondering if anyone got an interview with Wharton?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

Been close to 6 years since I last posted on PG. Never thought I'd be on this journey again :).

Submitted my app for R1 a few days back.

My profile:
6 years of work-ex across Fortune 50 healthcare and mobile majors in marketing and in a sales strategy role in a high growth education SME.
UG: 72% , Bachelors in Management Studies
PG: 3.22/4.0 at the country's top-ranked marketing communications school
GMAT 700, Age 30/M
Some decent EC and leadership roles in community projects, awards at college and at work
Would love to revive the action I saw and felt on PG as someone who'd taken the CAT so many eons ago 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...