Welingkars Round 2

79 Posts  ·  32 Users
About this group
hey i have been shortlisted for round 2 at welingkars. any body else, come join this thread the dude :wink: :idea: _ edit: typo in title _
Page 1 of 8

hello...

I am not sure if Iam writing in the correct thread or not...

I got selected for the welingkar PGDe-B course 2004-2006 but it is for the banglore campus....

Iam supposed to give a confirmation before 10july...

I also have a job offer from Satyam Computer Services(14k per mon )...

wht should i do?????? welingkar or satyam...

plz do reply ur suggestions ASAP...

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

no second list - maan u gotta be joking - guess i can expect a LOT of rich kids in my batch then !!!

guess its gonna be babe-ville !!

Hi ppl,
Yeah buddy, i totally agree with you with the second list issue. I called up Welingkar after they had come up with their first list, asking them whether there would be a second list or not. The person concerned said that the second list would be declared on the 1st of July.I called up on the 1st but they said that the second list wouldnt be declared.
I had doubts on the institutes integrity, and now it is clear that these guys are upto somethin.I believe that the seats which are not being taken up by the students have gone to the mgmt quota and they are being sold at good rates.
Lets see wat happens....
Sonesh

Thanks buddy for your post....

Now that I got to know one genuine entrant to Welingkar... I feel (my personal opinion..:) ) there might be a better 120/1500 students.

But there are still some questions unanswered. Why doesnt Welingkar have a second list when even IIM-A has one? Does this mean that welingkar has a 100% conversion of its offers...?

Anyways Kudoos 'Rage' for getting in.

Raj

Heeeeey people - chill -
ive gone thru all the posts n the rage is justified - ok - i admit its frustating - no transparency ---- but maan u call urself managers ?!! - good managers look ahead for opportunities not crib about the past (becoz apparently they the last thing a manager shud afford is TIME ) -
i preach by example -

gave NMAT - got thru to pi - cudnt convert - forgive n forget
gave CAT - the maths looked like latin to me - so 86 % only - forgive n forget
gave CET - 137 written (great) - but.........gd=7 / pi=9 (dont ask me how - i dont know) so 157 - again had to forgive n forget

then suddenyl i get welingkars with just 86 percentile in cat

moral of the story?
EVERY DOG HAS ITS DAY !!!
its important that u keep lookin ahead so that u dont miss an opportunity knockin at ur door -

chill - KEEP WALKING

it will all be fair in the end.

Hi Raj,
You know wat, I had similar grudge against SP Jain when i wasnt selected inspite of a good interview. But i can make an exception with SP Jain regarding their admission process ( which is quite similar to Welingkars or rather i should say that from this year onwards Welingkar is trying to ape SP Jain in the admission process by being more liberal about not considering the test scores).I believe that SP Jain has a different criteria altogether for selecting its candidates ( they have been putting more emphasis on the alround personality of an individual ) but same cannot be said about a fledgling institute like Welingkars (compared to SP Jain, MDI etc). So i felt that their admission process was quite fishy.Anyways, you go ahead with discussing it with the media and we will be with you for i strongly believe that these Institutes should be more transparent with their admission processes since they are playing with our careers.
Sonesh

Hi All,

I am Raj from Hyd. I have 89 on the CAT and 3 years of wrork ex in consultancy.

Though it is tempting to consider the viewpoint of one member in this discussion that there could be a better 120/1500 who made it, I strongly dont take it.

It (Admission Procedure) was very dissapointing for someone like me who didnt make it to SPJain (got into waiting list) and hooked all my options to Welingkar. I had my PI at Welingkar on Sunday June 13 at 2 PM. I had good GI/GD/PI. But I found the interview panel to be second rate.

I agree with the opinion prevailing in this forum. We cannot be made scapegoats for Welingkar's advertising campaign. (35,000 applicants - 1,500 short-listed - 120 final selections). We can as well post our views to some leading news papers especially Times of India, which is severely critical in this aspect. Also, there is a special program in NDTV 24x7 'Mission Admission'. I am planning to send a detailed mail to them at feedback@ndtv.com.

In hindsight, though we cannot defintely expect to succeed in convincing these sources we can, for sure, acertain that prospective MBA applicants in future shun Welingkar for its indifferent approach. This can be achieved by we posting this 'lack of transparency' in various b-school related forums like PG, www.coolavenues.com, www.indiabschools.com, ascent education etc.

Do get back.

Raj

if one doesn't get selected it doesnt mean that one is a victim of malpractises, it simply means that the profile didn't match their requirements, itna dil pe mat lo, life is long.

Hi ppl,
If there is any misunderstanding happening due to my posts, i sincerely apologize to those who are offended. But I am just a student who is exercising his rights and i feel that the malpractices which are affecting our lives should be made public.
Sonesh

Hi ppl,
Thanx for supporting me.I just need u guys to do a little more research on the profiles of the people who are selected for the PGDBA course, cos, i definitely think that there is something fishy going on in the selection process. People within decent CAT scores and Good Work- Ex have been left out and freshers with less scores are taken in plenty. This is certainly not done !!!
If we have sufficient profiles of people who have got through, we can even take legal action against the management of the institute.
So looking forward for views on the issue. I know that you guys would not disappoint me.
Sonesh