Welcome replied from CEIBS 2011 Aspirants

198 Posts  ·  32 Users
About this group
:clap: Hi Puys!! I couldn't find any active threads on CEIBS 2011 applicants. So this is an attempt to bring together ideas from all CEIBS aspirants. Please discuss your views regarding the application process as the Round 1 is closing...
Page 1 of 20

Hi,

I am a CEIBS student and I would like to answer your query.

Last year 36% recruiting companies opened global positions for CEIBS graduates and almost 20% students accepted job offers outside China.

Recruiters are aware that foreigners can't master Mandarin in just one year. Learning day-to-day conversation always helps in finding job opportunities within China.

Guys...

In CEIBS can this be possible - ??

One doesnt learn Mandarin and applies for jobs in Singapore, India, HK and other prominent areas of Asia and get selected.

Whats the point in spending time learning a language if a person is not willing to work in that particular area?

What is your opinion guys?

Paagalmba
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Listen Dude,

You already created a lot of "pollution" on this thread last year and we kinda went on an ignore mode to your worthless posts. . Now please don't start shitting all over. .

I am a student of CEIBS and better equipped to answer questions or give views then you posting your bull shit. Looks like you are still not over with the shock of being put on the wait list by the ADCOM last year and you tried a lot to convince people to decline their offers so that your W/L turns into a convert!

The CEIBS Adcom is totally competent in judging candidates, and I guess here is a good example of the same.

Regarding your questions,

Yes, it is possible to look for jobs in HK, India even if you are studying in CEIBS, recognition is not that much in these areas, but is growing with every passing year. HK is the hub of Finance, so if you are looking for options in Finance there will be lot of opportunities. . It won't be very easy getting them, but then nothing is easy! If you have any more questions, please feel free to post here, and don't worry CEIBS is a wonderful International MBA experience, amongst the top schools in Asia. .

Cheers

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Don't worry, CEIBS has a policy of accepting Indians and others who don't care the least bit about Chinese and working in China. CEIBS therefore doesn't even follow it own stated guidelines of accepting students that will benefit China's ongoing development. In its megalomaniac craze to become both a global b-school and a prominent Chinese one, CEIBS is undermining itself and diminishing its value as a legitimate mainland school that contributes to the country's development.

All that an applicant has to do is make some allusions to his or her supposed interest in Mandarin and how he or she is willing to learn it and CEIBS will accept the applicant in question. CEIBS admissions officers don't really care much about applicants' sincere interest in learning or using Mandarin, much less about working in China, as long as applicants at least pretend to care about these things.

Finally, if you want to work in Singapore, India, or HK, why would you ever want to study at CEIBS? CEIBS will help you to find post-MBA work in Shanghai and a few other Tier 1 Chinese cities, but it's reach and prominence don't extend beyond China's shores, and it is only slightly recognized in HK.

In sum, 1) CEIBS is about as authentically Chinese as a Chinese fortune cookie is, 2) CEIBS will accept those with decent credentials despite their interest in Mandarin or working in China, as long as these individuals at least make some generic comments purporting to care about these things, 3) CEIBS is not truly an internationally-known school and will not greatly help one to find a job outside of China, even in SE Asia, 4) CEIBS is really more of a Club Med environment, at which foreign and Chinese applicants pay too much for their degrees just to hang out and relax, and 5) if you want to work in SE Asia or India or HK or most anywhere else in Asia, you're best off to just study at NUS, Nanyang, ISB, Waseda, or even one of the much cheaper and more authentic top Chinese b-schools than to waste time and money studying for an over-priced yet very limited CEIBS degree that remains unknown outside of China's urban business circles.

Just in terms of China's domestic market, if one were to mention Fudan, Tsinghua, BeiDa, then any taxi driver in China's far flung provinces, as well as any corporate recruiter - even in HK or S'pore, will have heard of these. But mention CEIBS and one gets puzzled quizical looks from those outside the Tier 1 city business communities. Given that CEIBS hasn't fully achieved fame throughout mainstream Chinese society, how can you expect that potential employers outside of China would even value it or have heard of it?

Given your dis-interest in learning Mandarin, your point about spending the time learning the langauge or applying to CEIBS should pretty much be a rhetorical question, right? I hope I've confirmed your thoughts via my response.

Best regards and good luck!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys...

In CEIBS can this be possible - ??

One doesnt learn Mandarin and applies for jobs in Singapore, India, HK and other prominent areas of Asia and get selected.

Whats the point in spending time learning a language if a person is not willing to work in that particular area?

What is your opinion guys?

Paagalmba

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

Got an offer from CEIBS. I am taking it up!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Puys, what is the batch size of the CEIBS FT MBA program (are the brochure nos. accurate or dated?) and approximately how many Indians are there in a batch?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi guys,
sorry for changing topic for a while but...how do you value the CEIBS MBA admission office?? I mean, I'm a bit disappointed, I wrote to them two email, asking specific questions (about visa stuff month ago, and about scholarship two days ago) but not answer at all...it's annoying...
did you guys have the same experience?? did someone try to contact directly the office???
Thanx

P.s I've been admitted to CEIBS 2011 @ first round

Falen, I have to same feedback for the Ad Com's response. They weren't particularly 'clear' in their communication. But, yes, do try contacting them on the phone or at cangela@ceibs.edu cc admissions@ceibs.edu.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Vineet, I have already sent similar questions to Angela but have not heard from her yet mate.
On other matters, I agree that response is quick..

@ Falen - welcome to the CEIBS community 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I don't know to whom you have addressed the mail. You can send the mail to Angela Chen. She is prompt in replying the mails. Her email-id is cangela@ceibs.edu.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys,
sorry for changing topic for a while but...how do you value the CEIBS MBA admission office?? I mean, I'm a bit disappointed, I wrote to them two email, asking specific questions (about visa stuff month ago, and about scholarship two days ago) but not answer at all...it's annoying...
did you guys have the same experience?? did someone try to contact directly the office???
Thanx

P.s I've been admitted to CEIBS 2011 @ first round

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...