Web programmers and designers adda (let the founder of indian google be a Puy)

5 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
internet is creating a revolution out there and web programmers and designers are fueling it. every month new scripting languages, new frameworks and what not. pundits all over the world say the next google will be from india. i say let him be a p...
Page 1 of 1

Took me a while to find this thread.

Anyway i've been fooling around with Facebook code and managed to code a half-decent app 😃 (Deepu, Hush now! 😛 ) Got a few users too so that was nice.

Got ideas for other apps though coding them could take some time so going about it slowly. I'm severely cramped by no net connection at home and the 1.5hr journey to and fro everyday. What a waste of my time :(

I barely know PHP/MYSQL and get around by learning it/ asking ppl like Deepu and others to help. its amazing how willing people are to help and give their time and that too for free!

Teaching myself OpenSocial programming too. Rather shocking that i'm learning all this coding stuff considering i absolutely abhorred it during my 2years in IT

Am now trying to understand the difference between Joomla and Pligg so would appreciate somebody explaining that 😃

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
catapult
@catapult  ·  1,270 karma

Deepu talking to deepu :)

RoR created a big hype in my company with technically-inclined cutomers insisting that we use that when developing software for them. I guess it kind of fizzled out - I didn't try my hands on it, so no comment on the technology part.

truth be told i dont yet properly know how to code a ROR application. started quite recently and played with it some time. As i am used to adhoc way of learning things, googled and started reading famous blog posts on rails. Most of them worried about the scalability of rails and thus i drifted from learning to write RoR application to finding about the scalability of rails. As a result learnt quite a few new things :

database sharding, in-memory-database, mongrel cluster, Memcached

has been good learning experience. if any one is interested on the scalability issues go to this site . very good one. you can refer to architectures of youtube, amazon, twitter etc in that site.

Cheers,
Deepu.

my profile :

am a php programmer. recently started using codeignitor framework and started learning ruby on rails.

i am really enthusiastic about ROR. any rails fans over here ?

Cheers,
Deepu.

internet is creating a revolution out there and web programmers and designers are fueling it. every month new scripting languages, new frameworks and what not. pundits all over the world say the next google will be from india. i say let him be a pagalguy member

so i am creating this thread for all those who are enthusiastic about and contributing to the internet revolution. programmers, designers, enterpreneurs et al. lets come and discuss.

Cheers,
Deepu.