wat shd be done at this stage

12 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
hi i am harneet.well i desperately need help.i am a bcom student with no maths,and till now i have a fear of maths i am not able to solve them.can u plz help me wat to do in order to solve atleast 50% i wd wait for the suggestions.
Page 1 of 2

i guess you still have enough time to practice vedic mathematics fundas...browse through some sites for them...

but as always, practice is what matters..

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
try to develope the concepts. dont do maths in hurry.go 4 r.s. agarwal m aths book or any other basic level material.Do as many problems as u can.it will surely help
vits
@vits  ·  1,590 karma

first complete all the chapters till LOD2...by then you'll have a fairly good understanding of the techniques to be used...and then if u still have time enough, go ahead with LOD3...try it by urself and blindly believe what people say...

well i did try to solve arun sharma at one step but people said its too tough.the lod 3 is diff.so shd i go ahead with it

hi i am harneet.well i desperately need help.i am a bcom student with no maths,and till now i have a fear of maths i am not able to solve them.can u plz help me wat to do in order to solve atleast 50%
i wd wait for the suggestions.

Hi harmeet! I hope u might have joined sum insti to prepare for xam. pls attend the lectures on maths(infact...others too) regularly. N don feel shy to ask in class coz u shud clear doubts as soon as they arise in ur mind. I totally agree with nihit n vits. Believe me there s nothin xtra needed than till 12th standard's maths.
vits
@vits  ·  1,590 karma

practice...practice...and practice....

believe me, u'd be able to mug up everything automatically by practicing...and whenevr u wud see a similar sum, u'd be easily able to solve it...

the trick to attempt atleast 50% of the questions is simple...don;t waste time on any question of which u have no idea...just ignore it completely and move on to the next question...moderately difficult questions can be marked to be solved if u have time available later....try to pick the easy or solvable ones and attempt them with accuracy...don't worry much about the time factor initially...once u get used to this technique, u'd be able to manage the time as well...

Try Arun Sharma's book on Quantitative aptitude for MBA. It worked for me. Its better organised than any institute material .

give every mocat you can get and then analyse it thoroughly

1. try and solve sums from EVERY mock cat paper you can lay your hands on. That will help.

2. Subscribe to PG Quant a Day question NOW and go through all the archives on the discussions. Use the SEARCH option.

3. identify your strong areas (Geometry) and work on it to ensure you don't miss such questions from these topics in the CAT exam.

Read 8th, 9th and 10th Std book.. practise the same and than see solved examples... Later move on with practise problems and than unsolved one...

No. of countries in the world r more than d no. of yrs in life,so travel as many places as u can !!!