Virginia Tech Pamplin Fall 2011 Admits / Applicants

11 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hey starting this thread for Pamplin College Of Business - Virginia Tech. Anyone who has applied or got an admit for the Fall 2011 session, please join in for the discussion. :thumbsup: Sushant
Page 1 of 2
Congrats dude...

I am in....

Did you receive your i 20. How did u manage to work on your visa processing so early...I think V Tech has not send any documents till now for visa processing...

I got my I-20 mailed to me by express delivery service and received it in 4 working days..

Following information would be useful for the visa application procedure:

** DO NOT EVER EVER opt for regular delivery for I-20. It takes more than a month to come. Spend $50 and get express delivery.

** Pay visa application fee. Can be paid even before you get your I-20 (@ HDFC bank, http://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/pdf/HDFC%20Locationsfeescenter.pdf).

** Fill your DS-160 diligently and stick to facts. Can be filled only after you receive your SEVIS number from University. You can ask this number from immigration officer before (s)he dispatches your I-20. Mine was mailed to me. (https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/)

** Pay the SEVIS fee atleast two days in advance to your scheduled interview. I paid it one week in advance. ($200 online @ https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/ )

** Use numbers/codes generated in submitting above fees and forms to get the visa appointment. Remember, the dates fluctuate considerably; if you need a particular date, just keep on checking and rechecking VFS site. I heard they usually open dates during 10-11 am everyday. I did it at 0900 hrs approximately. https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/ApplnForms/EarliestDate.aspx
(Change of visa interview location is not entertained).

Disclaimer: Above info is based on my experiences and not necessarily a foolproof method of getting VISA done. :splat:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Ok people,
I am done with the admission procedures including the VISA. If any of you ppl need some help, pls knock back and i''ll be glad to help you out.

Also, please update me with your plans for joining and housing in Blacksburg. I need room as well as room-mates.

Imran

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i too have received an admit from virginia tech pamplin cob as well as from university of cincinnati,illinois chicago,missouri columbia and case western university.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congrats dude...

I am in....

Did you receive your i 20. How did u manage to work on your visa processing so early...I think V Tech has not send any documents till now for visa processing...

Hi friends
I received Acceptance mail on 23rd April.:cheerio: Waiting for the official letter now.
So, are u people in?? i mean, final decision from your side?
I am currently working on my visa n stuffs.

Do let me know the status of your candidacy and your plans for off campus housing.

see u soon!!

Imran
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi friends
I received Acceptance mail on 23rd April.:cheerio: Waiting for the official letter now.
So, are u people in?? i mean, final decision from your side?
I am currently working on my visa n stuffs.

Do let me know the status of your candidacy and your plans for off campus housing.

see u soon!!

Imran

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

added in gtalk... please add

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Sent u a pm

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

first round of interview was good... I though that should be enough...But may be they want to get some different perspective from a different person...

So, ru planning to join Vtech... Any scholarships as well. Presently i cant see any one from India for V tech...Surprising ...Pass on ur Gmail id..

Hey spbheri,

Hmm 2nd round of interview? interesting. I got an offer a couple of days back, had applied around Feb 1st. Have to pay my deposit fees by the 15th i.e. day after 😛

Whens ur interview anyways, n what was ur first interview like?

All the best dude, let me know if I can help in anyway.

Sushant
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey spbheri,

Hmm 2nd round of interview? interesting. I got an offer a couple of days back, had applied around Feb 1st. Have to pay my deposit fees by the 15th i.e. day after 😛

Whens ur interview anyways, n what was ur first interview like?

All the best dude, let me know if I can help in anyway.

Sushant

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey sushant,

I have been called for second round of interview....Dont know why.. Lets see....Whats ur status.....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...