Verbal Ability doubt for CAT 2012

5 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hello everyone,my name is Ranjan. :: : I had a doubt on how to prepare for the following type of question that could appear in CAT exams.(as given in Arun Sharma book) In each question,the word at the top is used in 4 different ways.Choose the...
Page 1 of 1

Do Transgression(v) and untoward(adj) means the same?

Nidhi Girdhar
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

saying paasing marks is wrong english ? is it pass marks or passing marks ?

Welcome in Pagalguy.
Please search in http://www.pagalguy.com/cat.
Don't open a thread for personal query, instead navigate through appropriate threads and use the search option to reach out faster.

IIFT|| Batch of '13-'15||IMF(Student Council),Joint Media Coordinator

In this case, it could be option 2 or 4.

In option 2, the 'at' in 'see the breach at first hand' is unnecessary. It should be 'see the breach first-hand'.

In option 4, you need the word 'a' before 'hand'. It should be 'he was willing to lend me a hand'.

Hello everyone,my name is Ranjan.:
I had a doubt on how to prepare for the following type of question that could appear in CAT exams.(as given in Arun Sharma book)
In each question,the word at the top is used in 4 different ways.Choose the option in which the usage of the word is incorrect or inappropriate
Hand
1.I have my hands full,I cannot do it today
2.The minister visited the jail to see the breach at first hand
3.The situation is getting out of hand
4.When the roof of my house was blown away,he was willing to lend me hand
In Arun Sharma book,it is given as it depends on reading habits.But i find it difficult to observe such possibilities while reading and all the sentences look familiar.Please tell me if there is a better way of preparing such type of questions.
Thank you