USA crisis and a default may happen.. whats gonna be the impact on india

12 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Guys there is a chance that us govt me default on payments and its credit rating goes for a toss unless a consensus is done....... what can be the possible consequences for india and the financial market in general ::
Page 1 of 2
Hi Puys,

Apologies if I am diverting the flow of this discussion, but just wanted opinions regarding pursuing an MBA from Europe or US next year during such crisis times. I am targeting pursuing a 1 year MBA from Europe next year and was a little apprehensive concerning the financial atmosphere around the globe now. Please provide your views on this.

Thanks.

Even during recession times the average package was over 10 lacs in top 25-30 colleges in India. MBA from foreign university is good only if your financial condition is strong.If not then avoid taking huge loans and prefer doing MBA from any top college in India.I'm not an expert but I hope it will help.:)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

Apologies if I am diverting the flow of this discussion, but just wanted opinions regarding pursuing an MBA from Europe or US next year during such crisis times. I am targeting pursuing a 1 year MBA from Europe next year and was a little apprehensive concerning the financial atmosphere around the globe now. Please provide your views on this.

Thanks.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Man S&P; downgrades usa credit rating to AA from AAA...
On monday we may see complete bloodbath in stock markets as this is the begining of the end of USA as the superpower.
USA will have to cut consumption a lot to reduce debt and this will have a cascading affect on the other countries exports

I see sensex going into a 1 yr recession maybe to 13000 levels :shocked:.
ps: i have some investements also

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Usa in fact...

A defence tender of this massive proportion comes only once in 20-30 years time interval.Not only it carries $10 billion cost but after maintaineance and extended after sales are included it would stretch to roughly aroudn $50 billion.

I do not think that the total deal would stretch to $50 billion with an initial worth of $10 billion. Hardly it reaches another $10 billion in addition to the initial investment.

PS. Just wanted to correct the figures as I am a part of A&D; industry.
Stay put, You may be this close to your destination!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

"The systematic corrections occurring in western markets are a harbinger of a new global order taking root. The decline of the US and the west is inevitable as the new order evolves . No longer the west will be able to dictate its terms to other countries. The new global order will most probably comprise of third world countries especially the BRIC block. China is poised to become the new global leader"

Haha I wanted it to sound like a prophecy
PS: read Putin's speech on "Decline of the Unipolar world". Its really a great article.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Usa in fact badly hit by Indian defence policies and at the same time time,India is pulling their workforce from dire straits.

The context is based on the recent decision from India's part to evict Lockheed Martin and Boeing from 181 -200 MMRCA Tenders-their F-16 and F-18 (Combat airplanes).In fact Us administration was so much sure about winning it that they blindly disregarded Market parameters and went on getting under a debt cycle.
A defence tender of this massive proportion comes only once in 20-30 years time interval.Not only it carries $10 billion cost but after maintaineance and extended after sales are included it would stretch to roughly aroudn $50 billion.

The decision of firmness shown by indian ministry is commendable inspite of the fact that a major ally can be lost specially in that sense when Usa has went more than their limits in ensuring 123 Civil Nuclear Agreement.The recent visits of hillary clinton and resignation of Mulford points very much to this direction.

Implications on the us economy can be in terms of lateral and downward effects.

1.If monetary policies are going to be strengthened,Growth is going to get affected.

2.Credit Rating and creditworthiness is going to fall.
3.Policies On specially AFPAK region is going to be interesting.Sudden Killing Of osama after 5 years of chase from Cia not getting easily digested 😉 (Maybe troop withdrawal is a pointer)
4.Energy security going to get challenged

P.s-These are my points of observation.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys,

Considering the last couple of days of activity in the world markets, are we seeing the beginning of another Economic crisis ? Hopefully not, fingers crossed Some experts warn it could even be bigger than the last one

As an MBA aspirant for next year, my question is how big a risk are we taking investing huge amounts of time, effort and money in an MBA at this time or say for the next couple of years? Both Europe and US seem to be reeling under this economic strain with no permanent respite in sight.

Some points to consider -
1. The situation has just developed for a couple of days now and we should wait and watch as to how it progresses.
2. It has happened before and the world economy somehow(maybe partially) came out it.
3. An MBA graduate from a good school should not worry too much as there will still be opportunities during the economic gloom.

Experiences Puys and Other aspirants Please put forward your views as it would really be helpful for people like me who have made a decision to pursue an MBA Outside India in the next few months or an year.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The feeble debt-deal with no real assurance of a sustainable measure for the near future and the eurozone debt crisis, the effect of which was vivid in the 500 point crashing of Sensex suggest that there are policies, measures which are adopted only to procrastinate the lurking danger. The need is to do the honest effort in understanding the core issue and act selflessly for a better and sustainable future.

CAT 11 92.7 CAT 12 97.9: conv New IIMs did not join. CAT 13 96.8 : conv MDI, SP J(Fin) did not join
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Stock markets crashing like 9 pins...... I think if US cuts spending it will affect economic growth a lot.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

There are many countries with total debt many times of there GDP as you can see in the links below.So, nothing gonna happen in near future.

List of countries by external debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of sovereign states by public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...