urgent help reg mutual fund summers

5 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
hi frenz... im doing a project in mutual funds.... 4 lack of a better topic,... i chose SIP as my topic.... can ne of u plz suggest me as to wat best can i make outta this... i mean wat all can i include in this project.... i thot of comparin...
Page 1 of 1

Hi,
My name is Steve, live in Harrow and have been following Dore in newspapers and the web for about a year now. I have two daughters, the eldest (nearly of which suffers from dyslexic problems, eye tracking, memory problems and related learning difficulties. I initially spoke to Dore in August 07 , advised she was a little young , to perhaps come back in a while.
Since then we have engaged the School and had a educational psycholgist give an evaluation, which was a long time coming. I am really coming to terms with how much of a problem this is for Jenny as somedays she is better than others, and it requires lots of help and commitment from us and her school which is now aware the level of attention needed. It has been a long time coming, no one put her issues in these terms until now, and i am uncertain quite how they are going to manage her on a day to day basis. It is apparent that everything will have to be fought for as budget and time limitations are against us. She only had time for literacy evaluations , not mathematical, so assesment is based on this. it took untill July from February to get this, so i feel half a year has been wasted.........i mentioned the Dore programme to the EP and thankfully she acknowledged and gave a positive repsonse, citing local kids who were involved at this time in the programme to good effect.
In march i went to a artistic world and was impressed by the level of commitment of the people involved and Pop art. There was some discussion between my wife and myself, and we agreed to get the school evaluation before we went any further in this direction.
Sadly, I drop in to the Dore site last week to find things are not as they were, and that there is no immediate path available at this time to follow to help Jenny. I shall continue to watch and wait and hope that the opportunity will become available again for her and the many other people who might benefit from such work.
I would be interested to hear from anyone in a similar position, or who lives locally involved with or working for Dore or the programme..it seemed to good to be true when the centre opened in Wembley!.....( 15 minutes away for anyone not familiar with NW London) . I would like to find pointers of help in any way, particularly the eye tracking issue......
My best wishes for everyone involved

Steve

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hey...can u suggest some projects in mutual funds in finance domain fro my summer internship...?

thnx a lot 4 ur advice....

im doing prjct under a chola distr. cdsl..... i dun have 2 get into sales... he advised me tat i can go 4 comparison of 2-3 top funds ie their sip schemes etc.... i dun knw .... but i guess i will have to go 4 surveys also ... wat type of projects ur frenz did in sip?

HI

I work for DBS Chola Mututal Fund, I hope i can guide you.

SIP is good topic to do a Summers on, lot of friends did it, it worked u know, they did a decent job.

First, decide on the project type ie. Questionnaire or Sales or operations type of project.

Second, Did you get into any AMC or Distributor for your project. If you make it into a AMC you will easily get guidance

Third, Design a questionnaire, select Sample size and Do analysis on it.

Fourth, mainly learn from the project, use project as medium to learn about Mutual funds, you can get a lot of jobs.

Fifth, Try for a offer out of your Summers

Other good project titles - Difference between ELSS and Other funds, analysis on Debt and Equity Funds, Research on MF industry as a whole - desk research.

Best of luck .. Enjoy ur summers

hi frenz...

im doing a project in mutual funds.... 4 lack of a better topic,... i chose SIP as my topic.... can ne of u plz suggest me as to wat best can i make outta this... i mean wat all can i include in this project.... i thot of comparing 2-3 funds... wat say? howz this as a topic now a dayz or ne better topic.. plz reply soon