UPSC Books Initiative

11 Posts  ·  45 Users
About this group

The group is solely for discussion about Books n Materials for Civil Services preparation. Discuss about which coaching notes n books people r referring for particular subject and how to adapt to changing pattern of civil service exam e.g. Bipan Chandra for Modern History had at least 10 que in prelim before 2013 n today almost no question comes in prelim from this book.

Page 1 of 2

ancient Indian history ki study k liye koi achhi book recommend krna yar.amajh nhi aa rha h

2 comments
Lazylord123
@Lazylord123  ·  4 karma

Ancient Past by RS Sharma is highly recommended for studying Ancient Indian History. Best of Luck!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Ncert ki old edition aur new edition me kya difference h...maine new edition wali ncert books li h..any prob with new edition books??

2 comments
UPSCbookDepot
@UPSCbookDepot  ·  19 karma

@Norton. Depends on subjects.. Geography Economics me new padhni hoti hain.. History me mostly log old padhte hain but aajkal history que usse b nhi bante isliye New NCErt + Tamilnadu board ki ncert padhte hain.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
Lazylord123
@Lazylord123  ·  4 karma

@UPSCbookDepot Absolutely correct. For other subjects, new NCERT books will do. But for History topic, old NCERT books are recommeded since History is a contentious topic and old History NCERT books contain genuine Historical information written by expert authors. Whereas the new History NCERTs are often under contention due to their content. So it safe to stick with the old NCERT books for History.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I can understand clearly reading M.Laxmikant's Indian polity because it is easy to understand but it is hard to understand Bipin Chandra's history of modern India for me . So which book will suit me to understand clearly instead of that... please anyone tell me......jai Jagannath

1 like1 comment
UPSCbookDepot

Jai Jagannath bhai... Modern indian history ncert padho aur bipin chsndra se bhi..bipin chandra se pehle bahot que aate the ab nhi aate but still people refer to it.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anyone plz tell me the list of standard books which are sufficient for gs mains and also important ncerts

1 comment
Lazylord123
@Lazylord123  ·  4 karma

Refer this excellent source for Prelims and Mains books. Only the standard books are recommended. No fluff. https://iaskracker.com/books-for-ias/

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which monthly magazine you follow for current affairs-

GK Today
Vajiram and Ravi
Vision IAS
Insights on India Online
Drishti
Other
31 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Anyone from Chennai...Want set of UPSC books let me know. I can help. Thanks. I have complete set with History and Political Science as optinal. Got all the materials. 

1 comment
Public1274
@Public1274  ·  261 karma

@giripajii yes giridhar I want it, please let me know how can we meet..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Vision IAS PDF materials which are available in Internet. Can it easy to understand me and suitable for me..?

2 comments
UPSCbookDepot

@Rabindranath yes they are good.its good source of current affairs

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
UPSCbookDepot

@Rabindranath Vajiram and Ravi's current affairs material is also very good and its language is also easy. You can check that also.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

D

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am new aspirant and i want to buy indian polity of m.laxmikant  now. is it suitable for me ? 

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
UPSCbookDepot

@UPSCbookDepot Subhash Kashyap and DD Basu ( difficult) r also thr for polity but they r not for beginners. Can be used as reference books later but Laxmikant is must.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Lazylord123
@Lazylord123  ·  4 karma

Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth is the best book for Polity you can read for Prelims as well as Mains. Not only is the language easy to understand the book is very comprehensive and covers all topics of Polity in detail. Plus the book is updated very often.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just a glimpse of material in a Delhi book depot.

Post 5779657304571904
1 like1 comment5 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.