University of Rochester (Simon School of Business) 2007 Interviews and Beyond

109 Posts  ·  26 Users
About this group
Hi, I did not find any thread especially dedicated only for simon interviews and admissions. I have applied to simon R2..any one who has applied in R1 thanks JP
Page 1 of 11

I had given the interview on 5th december. Interview was pretty much normal with the usual questions that one can look for on the net, though the interviewer (an indian guy) tried to take my case. However, my answers were all straight forward and based on it i was confident of getting confirmed.

Just received a mail stating that i've been waitlisted. Can't really be sure of these b-schools, their criteria and admission process

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Got admit with 15% scol. :)

I have been asked to join july 25th onwards. Need to talk to you guys urgently. pls give me ur number of call me on 9324 918 658 (urgently)....also want to find out if we can team up for renting apartment.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Anupam, Littlesmoke,

Thanks a lot for your helpful and motivating post. Done with my interview....it took around a total of 20-21 Mins including my queries. Not much grilling done by the interviewer.

I had my interview on 16th. Do you have any idea when can i expect to hear from them.

It seems the CAP is open only for the JAN session, as the Sep intake has already been exhausted.

Did you people did some research on the JAN intake MBA, the job prospects post MBA etc.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Me got thru fall session wid 15% schol

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Did any of the R3 applicants here anything yet from Simon ?!? I am yet to hear .

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Mandeep,

I had my interview on 22nd march and it was very good and encouraging one. The interveiw lasted 25 minutes. Interviewer was stefinee and she asked me some basic questions such as why mba why now, my short term and long term goal (which field), how do you plan to achieve them. Why SImon only. My career progression. What you will bring to simon apart from professional exerinece, Team work and leadership experinece.

At the end of my every answer she made comment such as good, gr8 etc..
At last there were 3 quetsions from my end for the inetrviwer. At last I asked the feedback of the interview. She said you are strong candidate.

Mandeep you should remain cool and calm at the time of interview and give proper attention what interviewer is asking. Speak in our normal Indian speed, don't get carried away by their high speed americanese english.

Do some mock interviews with your dear ones.

I am sure you will do well

Anupam

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Mandeep, The interview is very casual and chatty with regular questions...Temme about urself, y Simon, Y now, littlebit on ur career progression so far. Its a grt way to sell urself and also find out more about the college. Just stay calm and b urself, u will b alrite...

All the Best...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anupam, Littlesmoke,

Please share your interview experiences. Mine is on 16th.
Please help.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Applied for MBA 2007 fall but thru with Jan 2008 session.
Scholarship: 15% percent of the tution each quater

GMAT : 680
Academics : 76% in B.Tech.
Extra Curricular : Very Good
Work Exp. : Two and Half years in Telecom and IT consulting firm.

Has anyone contacted with the current student sof Simon Jan MBA program. If yes, then kindly share your thoughts.

I have lot of queries regarding this program.

1. If internship is not possible then whether recruiters at Simon will give consideration to an international student that has no internship exposure.

2. If we get Rochester based internship will it be not tough for the student to cope with studies and internship simultaneously.

Share your thoughts plzzz

Anupam
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ankyiez Says
Congrats!!.... Can you share your profile with us

Thanx dude..my profile is as below:
GMAT-680
workex-60 months in retail finance

Hope it helps. Still undecided on the school. Want a higher scol, was wondering if any one has tried (with or without success!) to get one . Need to decide fast, any pointers wus be greatly appreciated...:)

Best
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...