University of Notre Dame - Mendoza Aspirants 2010

68 Posts  ·  27 Users
About this group
Hi Folks, I could not find an existing thread for Mendoza applicants for their 2-yr MBA starting fall 2010. So thought I should start one. Please feel free to share information regarding your application, your profile, info about the School e...
Page 1 of 7
Hey Guys,
This is my first post. I was wondering what peoples reasoning is to go to the Mendoza MBA program?
I mean this is a great program and Ive actually got a chance to visit the campus and gotta say its very attractive and appealing for an aspiring applicant. The community around the campus is very good, however it is small town USA and no NYC community where you have millions of people screaming and hollering at your face.
I guess I wanted to know what are some of the NEGATIVES that you guys have come up with in terms of going to ND. Here are some of the ones I thought of. No particular order. I wanted to do an analysis and look at the complete picture before I get myself too deep into the program.
1. South Bend is very very cold in the winter
2. South Bend is almost the middle of no where
3. Goldman, JPM, MS, Booze, BCG, etc. mainly recruit the undergrad, I may be wrong (not completely sure about the MBA program)
4. I wanted to work on the West Coast so going to school in the middle west may not be favour as West Coast employers may favour a local school over a distant school
My reason to go are below, no particular order.
1. great brand name (#1 under grad program)
2. top 25 MBA program in the US
3. dedicated and easily approachable alumni (Ive contacted a few alumnis and talked to them over the phone and they have all been very easy talk to)
4. small classes
5. dedicated profs
*I was looking to get a position either with hedge fund or an investment trading firm, preferable in California post graduation.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
:

Hi All,

A late entrant to this thread.I have an admit from Notre Dame . Do you guys have a mailing list for the students admitted to Notre Dame ?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Sanak,

I have an admit from Notredame. Would be gr8 if u could answer me these questions.

1. my experience is in marketing and my initial focus was to move to a marketing career. but oflate i have been thinking of finance also as a career option. But is it going to be very tough to switch career in this current economic scenario.

2. what do you think needs to be done in these next couple of months before joining mba so that the transition is smooth.

3. I would also like to know the sort of companies students who foucs on Product Marketing go? Is there going to be a defenite edge for me in marketing career as i have marketing experience.

Really looking forward to your inputs.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi G9MAT, Notre Dame is good at getting back to students as soon as they can, So dont worry about the delay. I had my interview on feb 8th and got my result on feb 20 or so.. There are other indian students too, in the current admitted students. May be you will join us soon :).. And for scholarships, i got a mail few days after the admission mail.. Got a fellowship...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Guys,

Late in the game.. Pleased to announce that got an admit from Mendoza.. Will be joining, I guess. Gonna do in strategic consulting.. Anyone for that?

My profile:
GMAT 760, 3 yrs exp in IT, good acads & community service...

Had interview in Feb 2nd week.. Usual questions like why mba? why notre dame stuff.. Overall , a a good experience..

Will be happy to assist ppl here...

Hi Teezee.. congrats for ur admit. When exactly did they inform you on that?
I had my interview on 19th. And they told me that by 11th March they should be able to come out with the results.
Any scholarships?? And any other Indian guys you know who got an admit along with you?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Everyone,

I am a first year student at University of Notre Dame. So if you have any questions or issues I can help you with please do let me know.

Saurabh, great job answering the queries.

Cheers
Sanak

Thanks a lot Sanak and Saurabh for your support...Can you pls see my previous post and offer your thoughts on what could be the university expecting and reg the chance for waitlist candidates.

Thanks.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Everyone,

I am a first year student at University of Notre Dame. So if you have any questions or issues I can help you with please do let me know.

Saurabh, great job answering the queries.

Cheers
Sanak

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I applied in R2.. and my interest is General Mgmt in Financial Services, which I also mentioned in the interview.In this thread, there are other waitlists from R1, are there any from R2..?Puys, pls help.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

may be the indian quota is full.
when did u apply??

I am a late entrant here...I have been waitlisted by Mendoza. My profile:
6 yrs IT Consulting (Fin Services) by Aug 2010. 2.5 yrs in US, currently in India.
710/6. B. Tech IT 80%. MS S/W Engg from BITS (distance edu)
Involved in community service.

I am not sure what went wrong..is it the 710 GMAT or the interview..? 😞

Saurabh26t/others-any suggestions on what could be possibly the issue here..I am actually interested in joining if offered a spot. What is the general trend for waitlisted candidates..

Thanks.
P.S: The writer of this post is engaged in his own tuition business. So exercise your judgement.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am a late entrant here...I have been waitlisted by Mendoza. My profile:
6 yrs IT Consulting (Fin Services) by Aug 2010. 2.5 yrs in US, currently in India.
710/6. B. Tech IT 80%. MS S/W Engg from BITS (distance edu)
Involved in community service.

I am not sure what went wrong..is it the 710 GMAT or the interview..? 😞

Saurabh26t/others-any suggestions on what could be possibly the issue here..I am actually interested in joining if offered a spot. What is the general trend for waitlisted candidates..

Thanks.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...