University of Iowa-Tippie MBA 2010 Admissions

78 Posts  ·  26 Users
About this group
Anyone for Tippie this year? I was not able to notice any thread running for Tippie admissions.
Page 1 of 8

Hi all,
I received admit +scholarship + GA from tippie last month for fall 2011. I had an on campus interview , which went great. Fellow puys with admits ( or awaiting decisions) join in..also we have a thread specifically for fall 2011:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iowa-tippie-mba-fall-2011-aspirants-25060498
best of luck !

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I do not know about that but I have talked to indian students who passed out of this school and got placed in US.I have also talked to current indian students of second year..all are very impressed with the program.specially career services..fin wise it is considered one of the very best in US..i donnow if that helps..some may say about its distance from chicago/mineapolis(approx 2 hrs by car,i heard) but students say those are reachable.Most of the guys buy cars in the last sem to ensure the extended legwork for job search etc..

Applying for 2011
GMAT 700
Acad: Good
EC : very good
Exp : 4.5(technical + managerial)

I'm concerned about its brand name in India. Can someone throw some light on this issue?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Applying for 2011
GMAT 700
Acad: Good
EC : very good
Exp : 4.5(technical + managerial)

I'm concerned about its brand name in India. Can someone throw some light on this issue?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone applying to tippie for 2011 entry?can you please post your profile?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
dvishn Says
Pretty different indeed.

can u share ur profile wd us?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

am Vijay and I am from India. I recently took my GMAT and scored a 650 (V-34, Q-45). I was planning to apply to some B-Schools. I haven't got my Essay scores yet. Though this might be a common question, I thought an opinion from an experienced person like you could help me get over my dilemma whether I should take the test again or continue with my application process.

So here is my profile:

- I have a total of 6 years of experience (Oct 04- Oct 10). I worked in Infosys Technologies as a Software Developer for 3 years. I then moved to Oracle Corporation as a Quality Assurance Engineer and have been working there since 2007.

- My Academic records are - 92.33% at high school. I did my Electrical and Electronics Engineering and scored 75%. I guess CGPA conversion would be 5 for high school and 3 for undergrad.

- My current activities other than work would be free-lance software development for some of the local clients in Bangalore, India. Also I sponsor education for two kids in Bangalore through a charitable institution. I also am involved with Volunteer activities for charitable causes within Oracle through its Ora Volunteers club.

- My past extra curricular activities would be that I trained in Martial Arts and also trained in Music - Guitar and Drums. I've also been a part of various cultural events at high school - theatre.

- I currently hold a Senior Member of Technical staff position with Oracle. I am lead for an automation tool that our organization and various other internal organizations use. Elaborating on this would probably be my pitch in the application when they ask about any leadership role that I have played in my profession.

Can any of you please let me know if my profile would be good for Tippie?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
stfall2010 Says
That will be great..Thanks:cheerio:

Hey Shaily,

Nice to see you here!

I am majoring in Process Excellence at Tippie. It is a specialized branch of operations management and mainly encompasses Lean and Six Sigma methodologies of process improvement. As you may be aware, the first semester is common for all the majors. In the second semester I studied supply chain management and ststisticals methods of process improvement. Currently I am doing a Six Sigma project with 3M, and it's been a great experience. This summer I will get Six Sigma Green Belt certification and work for Rockwell Collins' Lean Six Sigma internship program.

In my opinion, job prospects are pretty good. Additionally, number of students in Process Excellence track are quite few, which implies less competition

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any specific questions. I would highly appreciate it if you send email to my uiowa id, as I don't visit my pagalguy account frequently.

Amol Bagaitkar
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey Shailly,

Nice to see you here too..

To talk about Operations Management, to be truthful, I'm not very aware of it..
But I know one thing.. The first Indian to get an internship is an Ops Mgmt. dude..
How about I tell that dude, to respond to this post..
Think you'll get a better perspective.

-Milind

That will be great..Thanks:cheerio:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Shailly,

Nice to see you here too..

To talk about Operations Management, to be truthful, I'm not very aware of it..
But I know one thing.. The first Indian to get an internship is an Ops Mgmt. dude..
How about I tell that dude, to respond to this post..
Think you'll get a better perspective.

-Milind

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Milind,
Thanks a Ton for your reply. Yes that does answer my questions :)

@ Challa : dvishn has pointed out rightly that expense should not be $100K. also there are opportunities for PT / TA.

@Shailly : have you zeroed in on Tippie. I read that you have couple of more admits.

Regards,
Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Yes, I have decided on Tippie.

Regards,
Shailly
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...