University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign : Fall 2014 Aspirants

16 Posts  ·  25 Users
About this group
Calling all aspirants for UIUC for the Fall 2014 session. Please share your thoughts and application status! :smiley: Mine: GMAT: 660 (Q 45/V 35) Work Ex at Matriculation: 30 months Application status: Building
Page 1 of 2

Hi guys, this is Kirat. I am planning for MBA 2016 batch in Urbana- Champagne

My profile is 

X- 82%

XII - 86 %

B.Tech(Computer Science)- 65% Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida

10 Months of Experience in Indus Valley Partners, Noida

Extra Curriculars:

1. Head(Public Relations & External Affairs)- JIIT Youth Club-2013,2014

2. Head(General Management)- Model United Nations- 2014

Have good internship experience. Worked at Indus Valley Partners, New York- 2012&2013 at Client office thereafter got a PPO. Have internship and work experience in Hedge Fund Consulting and Alternative Asset Management Industry. Currently planning to give GRE and apply for 2016. Confused between Mim and MBA and till 2016 will have two years of work ex? Can anyone please suggest on how to proceed with given profile...

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@ ALL

I had applied by R1 deadline, but to the delayed submission of test scores, i had my interview yesterday only. Does anyone have an idea about the results declaration date for Round 1?

From what i see, people have got their admission decisions just after 3-4 days of their i/v ..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I have a query with regard to the application to the MBA program, Is it mandatory to upload the financial documents at the time of application?

Thanks
Prasanta
2 comments
DJ_UIUC
@DJ_UIUC  ·  0 karma

No, it is not required to upload any financial docs at the time of application submission. Only when you're granted admission, you're required to show and upload financial docs.

DJ
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Prash_sadhana
@Prash_sadhana  ·  0 karma

Thanks for the info.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys , I gave GRE instead of GMAT and planning to apply for FALL'14. Got 304 (160 QA and 144 VA).

Here are the details of my profile. 10th - 86% , 12th - 86.6% , B.Tech (EEE), VIT VELLORE - 7.77/10 , 36 months (JUNE'14) of IT experience in Accenture. Decent extra curricula-rs ( Founded a club and worked as a vice-chairman , Treasurer of a student chapter , worked for international tech , cultural fests).

Could you please tell me my chances of getting into Univ OF illinois Urbana Champaign and I have few financial constraints can you also guide me regarding scholarship , GA/TA/RA roles.?? Thanks.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Admitted with scholarship! 👼

MBA @ Kelley School of Business - Indiana University
7 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 7
grkkrg
@grkkrg  ·  0 karma
@VijayReddyThupally I'm sorry but I don't know when they send out the invitations. 😞
I got my interview invite 3 weeks after the application deadline. ATB
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
VijayReddyThupally
@VijayReddyThupally  ·  0 karma

thank you 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello All,

Hope ye' all doing well. Congrats to all admitted. People waiting hold it tight till the date when the final results for R1 would be done! Now it's holiday time for all, including the adcom! I am traveling to India for the winter break from 27 dec - 17 jan. Feel free to reach out - debajyotirath@gmail.com OR +91 977-628-6891. I would be more than happy to answer any queries !

Have a great last few days of 2013!

Best,
DJ
3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
DJ_UIUC
@DJ_UIUC  ·  0 karma

Hi abhi,

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
DJ_UIUC
@DJ_UIUC  ·  0 karma

I do not know, neither can ascertain the chances, but yes, you seem to have a good profile. I have very little idea about the new GRE. Everything boils down to your complete application package rather than any particular constituent. You definitely have a good starting point for your applications with your profile.

DJ
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi.. My name is Adi and I recently got admitted. My profile:

GMAT: 680

Work Ex: Business Consultant (28 months till now)

Undergrad: Electrical Engg from UIUC (GPA: 3.5)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Got admitted with scholarship! Anyone else got admits?

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
abhiramtanna
@abhiramtanna  ·  0 karma

GUys ,COngrats for your admits . Could you please help us in application process?? My profile is

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
abhiramtanna
@abhiramtanna  ·  0 karma

I gave GRE instead of GMAT and planning to apply for FALL'14. Got 304 (160 QA and 144 VA).

Here are the details of my profile. 10th - 86% , 12th - 86.6% , B.Tech (EEE), VIT VELLORE - 7.77/10 , 36 months (JUNE'14) of IT experience in Accenture. Decent extra curricula-rs ( Founded a club and worked as a vice-chairman , Treasurer of a student chapter , worked for international tech , cultural fests).

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I was interviewed today by Mark Lockwood in Mumbai. The interview lasted 40-45mins, but it was more of a conversation not a question answer session.

The only questions he asked me directly were,
1. Tell me about your professional experience
2. What is your leadership style?
3. Other schools that I am applying to

If I have to list down the topics we talked about, the list is below
1. Strengths
2. What will I bring to the Illinois community
3. How do I stand out
4. Activities I do during free time

Later he talked about the culture at Illinois, what to expect, what is expected, recruitment scenario and few more that I am unable to recall at moment.I hope my experience will be helpful to others!

P.S: If anyone gets an opportunity to interview with Mark, consider urself lucky; he makes you feel comfortable and is very helpful and down to earth.

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
Adi_RedDevil
@Adi_RedDevil  ·  0 karma

Thanks Sid! Well leadership style is nothing but how do I lead my team; for example, I give my team members responsibility and independence or maybe I have strict invigilation process setup, u encourage or u promote collaborative behavior etc

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sid.c
@sid.c  ·  0 karma

got it 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

Hope ur applications are coming along well! I know this is a difficult waiting phase that can be excruciating. But for those who have got interview invites, congratulations! You must have received interview details from the Illinois MBA….Mark would be in New Delhi for interviews on Nov. 19, 20. Interviews in Mumbai will be on Nov. 21, 22 and finally some interviews on Nov. 23 in New Delhi, before the adcom team flies back.You can cite my name (DJ) for reference to Mark.

Having said that, this is not the end of interview rounds. The team is in the midst of application review and subsequently candidates might be invited for interviews over Skype. I wish u all good luck with interviews. Do let me know if u need any other info!

Best,DJ

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...