University Of Florida Mba

121 Posts  ·  30 Users
About this group
Hi , I was looking for the 1 year MBA programs and the Florida MBA caught my attention because it provides scholarshios as well. Can any one give me more information regarding this ? Please help me.
Page 1 of 13

if i'm not sounding silly.. then where dd u ppl apply - warrington or hough ??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have joined this Forum only today morning. I have also sent my application for Traditional MBA at UF for the fall semester of 2010.Can anyone tell me how long do they take to invite a candidate for an interview? The deadline for international students was Nov 15th.So I have submitted before that, but my TOEFL exam is still pending.

I want to move to Florida after my marriage. So I want to apply to B-Schools in Florida primarily. Can anyone tell me, other than UF, where else can I apply?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ashutak Says
Guys i am currently pursuing my masters CISE from UF, this is my 2nd semester and i am planning to drop out of school, the job scene is pathetic here, people are returning back home with loans of 12-14lacs to repay on their head with no certainty of getting a good job back in India also, i know few guys who did MBA from Columbia university and had to go back, most of the companies are on hiring freeze, its better to continue what you are doing back home, most of the companies who come for recruitment, show interest only in Americans. Please don't come here dreaming that there are plenty of jobs available here, work harder back home for CAT and other exams, after completing MBA atleast you will have some job to repay the loan.

you are absolutely right Ahsutak. I came here in 2007 for work and then applied for UF 1 year and got through. After they released my I-20 I dropped the plan to join the university. I am a consultant and I am sure you would agree with my understanding of the JOB market. Be careful my friends. I am not against any school. Even UF has had a decent past...but times like these demand "the best".
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I dont think i can take ur word angel.
U certainly dont have any right to make personal coments of someone u dont even know
U seem to have some personal agenda cagainst UF
Why dont u give concrete reasons or info instead of ur 'WORD'
And i certainly hope u have a lot to say and not one-two lines cause if u dont u wont have any credibility

Guys i am currently pursuing my masters CISE from UF, this is my 2nd semester and i am planning to drop out of school, the job scene is pathetic here, people are returning back home with loans of 12-14lacs to repay on their head with no certainty of getting a good job back in India also, i know few guys who did MBA from Columbia university and had to go back, most of the companies are on hiring freeze, its better to continue what you are doing back home, most of the companies who come for recruitment, show interest only in Americans. Please don't come here dreaming that there are plenty of jobs available here, work harder back home for CAT and other exams, after completing MBA atleast you will have some job to repay the loan.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

I have been waitlisted in Florida's 2 yrs full time mba program for Fall-2009. anyother admits or waitlists?

Thanks & Regards,
Abhinav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Anyone joining the UF MBA??????

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

Yesterday night I had my Florida Interview...It went pretty well...

I m not seeing many activities going in this thread...does this mean that we dont have many applicants this year in Florida Full time MBA program...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Scholarships are rare to get in FL, as far as I know. GMAT >740 will be considered usually. Some one in the class of 2010 confirmed this to me.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

I received Interview request from University of Florida. I have not scheduled the time yet...people plz help me your interview experiences...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I figured that the school considers all the traditional admits for scholarships by default.
I am inquiring. If needed I will visit the school in person.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...