University Challenge Quiz

21 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hello everybody, I cudn't find a forum discussing this. What is the University Challenge Quiz all about? WHat is the quiz procedure. They want a 4 member team, but they can sit in various centres across India? The rules too seem pretty unclear. ...
Page 1 of 3

Ok guys,
The answers are as follows:-

Which football team came from a place which had an armament factory and named their club later on similar lines. - ARSENAL

2. WHat was the name of the sword which SHiva gave Ravana? CHANDRAHASA

3. WHich famous person, actually named Rita Mukherjee appeared for elections from Kolkata North. - MOUSHUMI CHATERJEE

4. WHose avatar was Ardhanarishwara? SHIVA

5. What was the famous event which took place in Vostok 6 in 1963? VALENTINA TERESHKOVA. FIRST WOMAN IN SPACE

6. WHo directed the movie" A Man without no face" and later became famous as an Oscar winning director? - MEL GIBSON

7. What's the symbol of Sharad Pawar's NCP/ - CLOCK

Shrijit....Still looking for the link

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

All,

How come you saw that link? I dont remember seeing it when the results came out. Anyways, each of our team guys ended up with almost 30 correct answers. Since we qualified, maybe it would help you if you got an idea of what the cut off would be like. Some other questions:

1) Name this Croatian born physicist who settled in USA after whom the unit of magnetic field intensity is named?

2) Name the metal in the group 8 of the periodic table with allotropes as alpha and beta and delta, which is used widely in several applications.

3) This particular word derived from Hindi comes to represent a job which is relatively tension free and laidback timings. What is the word?

Some others, but cannot really remember...oh btw, shri, would really appreciate a few pointers for UC, coz none of us from my college have even SEEN a previous episode of UC, let alone take part. Most of our quiz experience comes from Saarang

Oh btw, is there any guy here with his date on 18th of July? Contact me if you do...

Oscar

couldn't find it Srijith. Just wanted to check how many I got

Ajith.. there was a link to it on the page which lsted the qualifiers.. atleast it was on the 1st 2 days when teh results camo out. .dunno if it is removed.. neways check it out.

-Shri
8. Which poet was trampled by an elephant in 1930's...

11. WHich country's flag appears the same if you invert it.

8 ) Subramanya Bharathi
11) Japan???

Regards,
AJ...
Hey Shrijit,
Just got back onb campus... It happens to be in Ahmedabad incidentally.... Will send the qs in a few days.
However just some of em, so that I don't disappoint u altogether. SOme really stupid q's and explored Geography, and all social scoence galore.

3. WHich famous person, actually named Rita Mukherjee appeared for elections from Kolkata North.
5. What was the famous event which took place in Vostok 6 in 1963?

7. What's the symbol of Sharad Pawar's NCP/

Am out of stock now.....

Trying my hand here...
3) Moushumi Chatterjee
5) Gagarin in space
7) clock

Regards,
AJ...

What??

I couldn't find it Srijith. Just wanted to check how many I got 😁

its alright.. the Qns are there on the syncom website too ... with the bloody answer sinline :p

-Shri

8. Which poet was trampled by an elephant in 1930's...

9. What did Sears and Co. acquire when they moved their base from Edinbrugh to somewhere else.

10. Where did Brian Lara score both his 375 and 400

11. WHich country's flag appears the same if you invert it.

1. Arsenal
3. Nafisa Ali?
5. First space walk
6. Alfred Hitchcock?

BTW, for the 8th q. isn't 'largest used' a very relative term? Not a good quiz question, IMHO.

Hey Shrijit,
Just got back onb campus... It happens to be in Ahmedabad incidentally.... Will send the qs in a few days.
However just some of em, so that I don't disappoint u altogether. SOme really stupid q's and explored Geography, and all social scoence galore.

1. Which football team came from a place which had an armament factory and named their club later on similar lines.
2. WHat was the name of the sword which SHiva gave Ravana?
3. WHich famous person, actually named Rita Mukherjee appeared for elections from Kolkata North.
4. WHose avatar was Ardhanarishwara?
5. What was the famous event which took place in Vostok 6 in 1963?
6. WHo directed the movie" A Man without no face" and later became famous as an Oscar winning director?
7. What's the symbol of Sharad Pawar's NCP/
8. Largest used grp 7 metal

Am out of stock now.....