UIUC Illinois MBA Fall 2013 aspirants

292 Posts  ·  56 Users
About this group
Starting this thread for all who aspire to pursue a full-time MBA at College of Business at Illinois for its FALL 2013 session. Please share your application status and your profiles. Let's keep this thread updated... :: :: ::
Page 1 of 30

Did any one hear anything from UIUC about the waitlist????

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just a query to people who have waitlists...do all colleges give a final result(admit or reject) to waitlisted candidates at some stage b4 session starts? Or can "waitlist" be the last status and if no admit mail is received then it is assumed that it is a reject. Whats the protocol after getting waitlisted...@joship @ambar_ibm

4 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I understand @joship point about waitlist to admit chances being slim, nevertheless im still wondering has anyone on this forum been waitlisted earlier (r1 or r2) and now received an admit?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@spearman

I was interviewed by Ben Moreland.
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@joship who took your interview?

The fact about caliber of Indian applicants especially IT employees is well known and a huge barrier to overcome.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Congrats to all those who recd admits ...

@joship @taruna0029 @rohmensur @ambar_ibm @tuxzsh

Sorry to hear that you have been wait listed. I know it's a long wait .
But this is a very good opportunity to further strengthen your profile,perhaps promotion at work/ super highGMAT score (if you score is low)/something unique(entrepreneurial exp) and update the same to Adcom .This may certainly get you off the wait listed list.

Remember if you have applied in R3(or even the earlier rounds) and are on the waitlist list now, chances of securing an admit are very low since Adcom has pretty much filled the class ...and they are looking now to balance the class by admitting people with very unique experiences. You can always try though . Good luck !!

I will be applying in Round 1 for Fall 14 intake.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Not to cause any heartbreaks, but I contacted the person who interviewed me and this is the feedback I got about why I was placed on the waitlist:

It is more of a reflection of the caliber of applications that we receive from India, combined with the fact that an unexpected number of admits from India have accepted our admission offer. If it doesn €™t work out for you to be admitted to the Illinois MBA this year, I would definitely recommend that you apply again next year. If you get your application in by the first round, you will be considered when the full allotment of seats are still available. I €™m not sure if and when we will be going to the waitlist this year.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Nope. Nothing for me too !

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Nothing from my end either.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Nothing from my end.