UEFA Euro 2012, "Poland-Ukraine" (Discussion & Fantasy)

418 Posts  ·  49 Users
About this group
Bayern came 2nd to Dortmund, Madrid easily went past Barca and winning its 32nd league title, Juventus completed an invincible season in Serie A and last but not the least the noisy neighbours of united came out with a dramatic late brace to win t...
Page 1 of 42

Spain
Spain played arguably their best game in last 4 years . According to me in recent times in a major tournament only their performance in the demolition of Russia in Euro 2008 semi (where they won 3-0) comes closer to the last night display of free flowing football .

As far as Fantasy league concerned, finished 2nd in classic league ,11 points behind yahooo. Congrats to him for winning the league ...

Head to Head - Finally i have won my first league in soccer fantasy and with this i have completed my hattrick of PG fantasy leagues Titles (they are represented by the 3 stars below my username )

2010- T20 cricket WC fantasy league
2011 - ICC cricket WC fantasy league
2012- UEFA Euro12 fantasy league

Though team name this time was different 😉 - Believerspool

Thanks to everyone who was part of this thread... Hope to catch you guys again

NMIMS (Core): 2013-15
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

To everyone on this thread, I enjoyed every moment of sharing your (and my) views and predictions during the Euros :D. Hope to catch up wid all of you on the Football Club thread.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

SPAIN all the Way!!

Euro 2012 turned out to be a great tournament. A few upsets here n there a bit a crowd favorite Giant kills competitive tournament overall (Exclude the Finals Please)

Yet again Torres proved to be the Lucky charm winning the Golden Boot from nowhere
Only Disappointment was I thought Pirlo should have won Golden Ball for his heroics but anyways congratulations to Andres Iniesta

Played Fantasy Football for 1st time and am really glad to have played it, It was real fun, A thankful hug to all Footie puys

In PG classic I managed a Champions league Qualifying position 4 after being in Midtable for long :splat: Yahoo was too good Congrats

PG h2h I won it all finished 2nd (Lucky) but again congos to Believerspool

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

disappointed and heartbroken as my dark horses end up being runner up..however Italy has all my respect for reaching the finals when many thought that they won't be able to pass the group stage also..but i believe Italy shouldn't have changed their formation suddenly in the finals...they should have carried on with the formation they used in the earlier matches..but no point whining over these issues now..what's gone is gone..lets all wait for the 2014 WC ...although too early to say,but i believe Germany will be the winner of 2014 WC and Spain will leave the tournament in the group stage ..;) (consolation )

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" – St. Augustine
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I wanted Italy to win this one as spain looked rusty whole tournament .Italy played very well and liked the way they went for goals (unlike Italian side of past where they are happy with tight defence) . But when it mattered, Spain made it big Now its gonna be tough to halt their dominance at least till 2014 WC.

I guess Spanish loves 1 and 4. They win all their big matches in major tournament scoring 1 goal and 4 goals

Euro 2008 vs Russia - 4 - 1
Euro 2008 QF vs Italy - 4 penalty
Euro 2008 final vs Germans - 1 -0

WC 2010 group match vs Swiss 1-0
WC 2010 round of 16 vs portugal 1-0
WC 2010 QF vs Paraguay 1-0
WC 2010 SF vs Germans 1-0
WC 2010 Final vs Dutch 1-0

Euro 2012 vs Italy - 1-1
Euro 2012 vs Croatia - 1-0
Euro 2012 vs Ireland - 4 -0
Euro 2012 SF vs Portugal- 4 penalty
Euro 2012 final vs Italy - 4 -0

ps : I wanted Gomez to win the golden boot as he was the best striker whole of this tournament. The only player who was close to him was CR but then he looked very rusty before the Dutch match .. But Torres came from no where in second in 2nd half and grabbed it from Gomez

You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Jumped some 13 ranks to finish 28th in the league thanks to a 28 from my captain Jordi Alba :)

and thanks to euro cup, now I know the names of most of the players

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Italy were unlucky that their sub, Thiago Motta, got injured, as soon as he had come on and they had to play with 10 men for 30 minutes against the Spanish juggernaut. However, the match was all but over even before the injury to Motta. But, it took the juice out of the game.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The age of the Spanish Armada continues!!! Thoroughly ruthless and professional performance from La Furia Roja. Most 1-sided final ever in any Euro or World Cup. I still feel had Germany been in the final instead of Italy, the result might have been different. If wishes were horses...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Probably the lamest finals I have watched in recent times.

"Once Spain start winning, they'll never stop" - the prophetic Zinedine Zidane had said. How true he was.

There is no formula for success, except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life & what it brings
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Spain 4 - 0 Italy
But am also an Italian fan but then am more Spanish and even more Brazilian 😁

My final season - Calls - IIM A, L, S, RRRTUK, MDI, IIFT, FMS, NITIE - ITM, XLRI - HR, IIT B,D,K, XIMB, SIBM P, SCMHRD | Converts - MDI, IIFT D, NITIE - ITM, IIM S, IIM RRK, XIMB | Skipped - IIT D, K, SCMHRD | Final Verdict - MDI PGPM Class of 2014
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...