U of Alberta MBA Fall 2012

241 Posts  ·  37 Users
About this group
Anybody applying to Alberta MBA 2012 intake?
Page 1 of 25
@abhinavbehl

If you have received this email from Chris lynch than I am afraid that there is not much that can be done.He is the admissions director for University of Alberta and he might have confirmed this with the FGSR.I am afraid i am not aware of admissions policies of the FGSR committee so i wouldnt be of much help to you.

I would suggest you apply for other colls.Wish you all the best!!

Regards
Hyena
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Hayena,

This is what their reply has been, recd it from Chris on 9th Jan.

"
Hello Abhinav,
I'm afraid that our Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research would not consider your degree from the National Institute of Fashion Technology for admission to a Master's program at the University of Alberta. Unfortunately, that would make you ineligible for the Alberta MBA at this time.
Thanks,
Chris
"

Any Ideas what made them make such a decision?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@abhinavbehl

Let me confirm this and get back to you,with a strong GMAT score,strong application and good grades I am sure you will be able to get thru.

BTW which specialization are you applying for??

Regards
hyena
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi, I had put a query to the admission office of Alberta if i am eligible for the MBA program and after reviewing my academic history they had come back with the answer that my university, National Institute of Fashion Technology, is not in their list of accredited schools. I have replied back stating that my university has been granted statutory status under the act of Parliament of India in 2006, empowering the Institute to award degrees and other academic distinctions.
I havent heard back from them till date, may be due to winter breaks.
Lets hope that i hear from them.

My current score
GMAT - 710
QA - 50
Verbal - 36

Pls suggest if i should still apply to the course?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@amehdi

You will get all the details for financial that you need to show at the link below.The amount you can show can be greater than the amount mentioned on the website. The greater you show the better it is .But dont go overboard about it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

Regards
Hyena
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@hyena1986 ...the amount you have to show in the visa interview? im not really sure of the canadian visa procedures but there must be some amount you need to show them in order to get the visa approved right?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@amehdi

i20 ??

Regards
hyena
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@tmithun

congrats.. FGSR is just a formality...

hyena
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,

Thought of sharing a happy news,
I submitted by app on 20-Nov'12 and done with the interview on 14-Dec'12.
I received an email from Eva, on 20-Dec, stating that my application has been forwarded to FGSR for final approval.
Anyone else got the admit mail?

Regards,
Mithun.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@hyena1986 - one last question. how much was your i20 amount u received from the university?

Thanks.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...