two year gap between school and college

4 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
hi guys i came to this forum looking for some advice.i hope i posted at the right place.the thing is that i have always been a good student averaging well above 80% in my 10th and +2 boards(87 and 84 respectively).but what happened is that after +...
Page 1 of 1

thanks amodh
@abhirama
im not talking about iim but guys who do mba from non blue blooded instis

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

i would like to inform u that 89 % of iim graduates are engineers and this is the case with almost all bschools.you were saying that those engineers do mba who are poor in technical skills and hence dont get a job.but this means that 89% are poor.so i would like u to retract ur statement bcoz had they been poor students they would not have cleared mba exam in the first place

Amodh
@Amodh  ·  5,069 karma
rattlesnake4eva Says
hi guys i came to this forum looking for some advice.i hope i posted at the right place.the thing is that i have always been a good student averaging well above 80% in my 10th and +2 boards(87 and 84 respectively).but what happened is that after +2 i gave the entrance exams and i got thru to manipal university.

Hey, Welcome to Pagalguy!

Please do not start a new thread for individual query.

You can use search to get to the right thread.

Search
Please continue here for your query
Career discussion

You can also go through our PG visual guide , to get to know how the forum works.

(PaGaLGuY Visual Guide [ Version 2009 ])
PG visual Guide

hi guys i came to this forum looking for some advice.i hope i posted at the right place.the thing is that i have always been a good student averaging well above 80% in my 10th and +2 boards(87 and 84 respectively).but what happened is that after +2 i gave the entrance exams and i got thru to manipal university.now i thought that manipal was a very expensive college and the placements arent that great there.
so i decided not to join manipal and give a drop.in my drop year i did decently.i caame in the eml of iitjee got an ok rank in aieee aand did quite well in wbjee and comedk etc.with my ranks i could have easily got a good college in either bangalore(like bms ms ramaiah) or thru aieee(bit patna dr mgr or some low nit like raipur etc)but i decided to go for brand name and via my wbjee rank
i enrolled myself in jadavpur university for the pharmaceutical technology course.i had this idea that even if you get a bad stream but study in a good college you will get a good job.and as you know jadavpur is one of the most premier engg colleges in india(ranked 12th just after iits).but after i took admission i found out that pharmacy is areally bad career option.firstly one does not get a good job after doing b pharma.
the salary is in the 5000-10000 monthly range.its a research based career option where ull have to study a lot for very little gains.even after further degrees like m pharm career options are very bleak.so the thing is i filled up the wbjee form for this year so that i could give it one more time and perhaps get a good course in jadavpur university itself.but the thing is if i do change after this year there will be a two year gap between
my +2 ad college.something that is seen i very bad light these days especially after iit have changed their rules about the number of attempts.id also say that most of you would advise me to go for mba and i know i can do it but the thing is that i dont consider mba to be a very good option for an engineer because your technical knowledge wont be of much use thereafter.and also the engg students who go for mba are mostly the ones who study in a poor
college or dont get good marks in engg and hence dont get jobs.so i want to know that if i change this year will i get a good job after my 2 year gap because i know that it is somewhat of a hindrance in getting jobs.or should i just go forward with my course and do mba thereafter.id also like to point out that i dont care much as to what i study as long as i get a good job.please do advise guys