Trip To North India

11 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hi All, I am planning to go on a backpack to north india this month end....my tentative planning comprises of moving around thse places ...rajasthan (Bukaner,Jaisalmer)...Delhi.....Agra...Lucknow .....Varanasi. I am based in mumbai. Ha...
Page 1 of 2

my apologies for being a bit late in replying to the thread,

actually i was a bit busy after i came from my vacation

i had a gr8 time out there.....went to Bikaner, Ajmer,Pushkar and seen the world famous Karni mandir (the one with rats) ..and was lucky enough to spot the white rat ;)....then i moved onto delhi...stayed over there for a couple of days then ....went to ayodhya...and lucknow...

In all it was a memorable trip for me...

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hey dude Neo.....
Where have u been?How was your trip....?:

Hey,Neo...

Do share your experiences with us when u come back.

-cheers

....Happy to help u out,mate.Have fun on your trip.Dude, ur so damn lucky...only trip I am planning is the one to the examination hall that I must take tomorrow at 2 pm.:whatthat: ......U go ahead pal,rock the Hindi heartland.

My leave has been sanctioned and I am leaving this saturday that's on 24th SEP...hurray......and last but not the least, thanks for the info from all u ppl.

Hi All,
I am planning to go on a backpack to north india this month end....my tentative planning comprises of moving around thse places ...rajasthan (Bukaner,Jaisalmer)...Delhi.....Agra...Lucknow .....Varanasi.

I am based in mumbai.

Has anyone been to a trip at these places.

Would appreciate any info abt travelling to these places like lodging...transportation etc.

Cheers,

All good places, but you haven't mentioned Uttaranchal!!! I am also planning a biking trip up to Rishikesh and such places... but only in March....

Get a Lonely Planet Guide to India... its well worth the money.. not just for north India but elsewhere too... or get the Outlook Traveller... though i think that overstates staying costs etc coz its for family vacations... still good for learning about good places...

Hey,A-ha neo...where r u,man?already off to the North?If not, let me know If you want any more suggestions...:tellme:

Hi All,
I am planning to go on a backpack to north india this month end....my tentative planning comprises of moving around thse places ...rajasthan (Bukaner,Jaisalmer)...Delhi.....Agra...Lucknow .....Varanasi.

I am based in mumbai.

Would appreciate any info abt travelling to these places like lodging...transportation etc.

Cheers,

Hey,Pal....I am from Easten UP....have been all over Northern India...First of all,congratz..u've made a wise decision....come over to Lucknow.It's a growing city.Very Safe.Visit the historical sites...the imambara,residency and the rest..catch a movie at Wave in Gomtinagar.Shop at Hazratganj...Varanasi is an awesome place.The streets are dingy,but the mystical charm of the place is incredible.Go to the famous ghats at dusk or dawn.U well meet a lot of Pandit jis,offering to help you learn spirituality.Avoid them...seriously avoid them.Watch your pocket.Don't let the vendors take you for a ride.THe temples in Varanasi are awesome:Tulsi Manas,Vishwanath temple and the others.Do visit BHU(Banaras HIndu University)..It's the very heart of Varanasi..Have tea at Lanka.Enjoy the simplicity of this great place..200 Ks from Varanasi is my hometown:Gorakhpur..From there,u can catch a bus and go to Nepal.No passport or visa required...In Agra,Taj is the only place worth a visit(But it is quite a place).From there,go to delhi.U will get buses for Jaipur from Sarai Kale Khan ISBT. Jaipur is packed with brilliant places...the list is too long to be produced here.Ajmer,Bharatpur,Udaipur,Jaisalmer(Bikaner can be skipped...not much to see,there),Chittorgarh are the other places to visit..Don't even think of missing Ranthambore..U can also go to Sriganganagar and meet the troops.

In UP,Railways are the best mode of transportation.In Rajasthan,Buses are decent.....Lodging won't be a prob...plenty of decent and economical places in Lucknow,Varanasi,Jaipur etc.

Get in touch with me if you want any details...

-Have fun

Yeah it will be a good change too....

Hi All,

I am based in mumbai.

Cheers,

sorry buddy

no knowledge about these areas. if ur plans get extented towards more of north, like haryana punjab, himachal , J & K...do let me knw:)

i think u shud try these places if u have time.

chalo happy travelling