Top US School Grad - GMAT Essay Prep India

3 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi Everyone I am MBA Class of '07 from a top 5 b-school here in the US. For visa reasons, I would be in India for about a year from July onwards. I am considering my many options for this one year period and one of them is to help Indian b-sc...
Page 1 of 1
To answer the couple of questions I received on private messages:

I would be charging near the going market rate for the city. This may vary slightly depending on the demand as I do-not-want-to/cannot work with too many people.

Thanks

Please go through the PG guidelines before you start posting.

Your post is classified under advertisments as you are charging for your services.

PG is about helping people and spreading goodwill. Hence, closing the thread.
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

To answer the couple of questions I received on private messages:

1. I would be charging near the going market rate for the city. This may vary slightly depending on the demand as I do-not-want-to/cannot work with too many people.

2. I envision the Essay counseling to involve some rigorous discussion sessions followed by you working on my comments and your own learnings from these sessions. I would also review the essays prior to these sessions so we can get right to the point without wasting anyone's time.

I request everyone to discuss their queries on this thread unless they have a strong reason to not do so. This benefits everyone as others may have the same questions as you do. Also, it saves me the effort of replying to every message individually.

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I am MBA Class of '07 from a top 5 b-school here in the US. For visa reasons, I would be in India for about a year from July onwards. I am considering my many options for this one year period and one of them is to help Indian b-school aspirants with their GMAT prep (I scored 780), essay writing and interview prep. I am here to gauge if there is any interest for these services. Also, I would like to know what city has the most candidates that would need my help, as I think face-to-face discussions are key to the success of our work together.

The services I would offer would be based on coupling your hard work with my guidance. So, I am not looking for free riders but people who are serious about getting an MBA. The rank of the school you are aiming for does not matter as my aim is to help you get into the best school that you can, anywhere in the world. Having said that, my familiarity is the highest with the top 10 US business schools because those are the ones I researched most when I was applying a few years ago.

If you could please provide answers to the following questions, it'd help me make my decision.

1. What services would you be interested in?
a. GMAT prep
b. Essay counseling
c. Interview Prep

2. Which city would you want these services in?
a. Bangalore
b. Delhi
c. Mumbai
d. Hyderabad

An instance of the format of answers I am looking for is: 1 (a, b); 2 (b) meaning GMAT prep and Essay counseling in Delhi.

I am looking to close this survey in about a week and make my decision then. So if there are people not on this forum who you think should know about this, please feel free to tell them.

Thank you all for your help with this.