TISSNET 2018 Aspirants- Master of Public Health in Health Policy, Economics and Finance

8 Posts  ·  92 Users
About this group

This group is exclusively for those TISSNET 2018 applicants who wish to know more and eventually persue the Master of Public health in Health Policy, Economics and FInance course at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. This is an informal, unofficial groupformed by a group of students currently persuing the course. Your queries are most welcome. 

Page 1 of 1

Can you please elaborate about the opportunities after masters of public health in health policy ,economic and finance? And , Is it better course than hospital administration?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Sir, I am a Biotech Graduate 2017 (64%). I have applied for MA public health administration and hospital administration. Is it compulsory to do an internship after graduation in order to get selected in this courses?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Helllo sir, can you please guide me on 

1. In the current affair section, should i focus on last six months or 2017 complete 

2. And for the whole gk section how much are dates important.

1 comment
tomarpreet
@tomarpreet  ·  38 karma

follow gkmojo

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, please tell me more about the job opportunities after MA in Social work from TISS Mumbai

1 comment
ValueAddedDoc
@ValueAddedDocTISS Mumbai  ·  21 karma

@zeena_d I'm sorry I cannot be of much help here. Please see if there are any dedicated groups for your program of choice.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am a BDS 2017 graduate. I want to pursue MHA/MPH from TISS. I have following questions:-
1. How much was last year was the cut-off for MPH and MHA courseS?
2. My educational qualifications are 10th-91%, 12th-95.6%, BDS-60.67%. I have 3 years of gap between 12th and graduation. Is there any drawback of this gap?
3. What was the minimum package per annum for MHA and MPH offered in last year placements?
4. Are these 2 programmes available at any other campus for which cut off is lower? 

1 like1 comment
ValueAddedDoc

Sorry for the delay in responding to your posts.

1. Pleasse do not focus on the cut-offs as they vary from year to year and also varies betwen categories for any given year. When seen together with the fact that the TISSNET score has 40% weightage in the final seclection process, I strongly suggest you target a score as high as possible, preferrably above 80. 

2. Your acads look good. However, unlike IIMs, TISS admission process does not give any weightage to  previous acads. The three year drop may notbite yiu as long as you can provide a satisfactory justification to the interview panel if the question is asked. 

3. TISS SHSS does not release any official placement figures, hence it would be inappropriate to state any solid figure in response to your query. Once in TISS, placements are the last thing one frets about.

4. MPH and MHA together form 4 programmes under the SHSS. Please visit the official website for further details of the individual courses. Up until last year, these courses were provided only at the Mumbai campus.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  3 likes  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How to prepare for history geography n economics for tissnet ? 

1 comment
ValueAddedDoc

You are free to use any good GK book. Personally I used MBA education and caree magazines released by TIME and Manorama Yearbook during the final three weeks. Read current affairs pertaining to past 12 months. Hope this helps. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What are the career and job opportunities In MPH and MHA?

1 comment
ValueAddedDoc

Career opportunities from diverse backgrounds open up for a candidate with MPH - HPEF. Options from public sector, NGOs and corporate oportunities are available for the candidate to choose from at the end of two years.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This group is exclusively for those TISSNET 2018 applicants who wish to know more and eventually persue the Master of Public health in Health Policy, Economics and FInance course at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. This is an informal, unofficial group formed by a group of students currently doing the course. Your queries are most welcome.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...