TISS-Media & Cultural Studies 2013-15 Prep

42 Posts  ·  34 Users
About this group
The shortlist for the Media & Cultural studies is out. Check your inbox for the TISS ScoreCard. If you've made it through :: , let's start the preparation for the second round. Here's the link for the selection procedure.https://admission...
Page 1 of 5
1 comment
Kiraprajwal
@Kiraprajwal  ·  21 karma

Any idea regarding the placement scenario and future options in that course

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hellow , Can any senior here please help me , I have some queries,  please 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
howz azim premji university??? placemnt info????????
jo bhi mei, kehna chahu......barbad kare alfaz mere....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hii everybody..
what about the next procedures?
when will be the announcement of dates for GD-pi.??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@papa_doc same here!!!! please let me know if u find it
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, Can anyone point me to the link where the forms for PIT and PI are available? I cannot find them anywhere on the website..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@siddo89 said:
@vkgb Okay, so you have had some interaction with seniors then. So what else they had to say about the course?

My primary concern is how am I going to prove to the panel my intent to do a course in Media while I come from an engineering background.
same question I have. I have mailed a senior, haven't got a reply yet :(
When I saw the batch profiles of alumni in this field, I didn't find any engineer in it.
Most of them have some degree in English or some or the other background in media.
can we get any senior in this forum?
Need to know whether engineers do stand any chance even if they have inclination towards the field? If they don't, then I have to take a call on whether I should be shelling out some bucks for flight travel and accomodation which would cost a lot as I am from Bhubaneswar.
Please advice?
Converts : NMIMS Mumbai Full Time MBA and HRM, XIMB (MBA and MHRM), IMT-Ghaziabad (PGDM-Marketing and DCP),Great Lakes Chennai PGPM :)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi..i got a call for MCS and Dev Studies, missed HR. I'm on the fence about what to do. I always wanted to go for dev studies, but I'm not sure about how the placement scenario is like. Im currently working in IT and already have an MBA in Marketing from IISWBM Kolkata(09-11). I've always nurtured the idea of working for some multilateral dev organisation like the UN, UNICEF, WHO, World Bank, ADB, IDB etc, but i'm not sure whether these organisations do recruit from TISS...also, i understand the interviews are mostly academic in nature, and MCS attracts students with a strong background in Media (I checked out the current batch, they seem to be very geared towards media from the very beginning of their careers, so Im not sure whether I can carve a niche). For DS, the onus is on economics, and me being from an engg background, am not very conversant in that (though studied a couple of papers on Eco during MBA). Could anyone shed a light on the career prospects of these courses? That would help a lot.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

so confused about the pit and interview..badly want to get in!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi...i am also selected for the pre interview test and interview...but have no idea whats the deal there. Trying to contact a few people in TISS but they are not sure as the pattern this year has changed...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...